+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

HappyLifeInCanada

Jun 22, 2023
Oh you are the lucky one who saved money by not getting into trap of courier is mandatory eh ;)
Lol
But that day just drove my husband crazy!
He 1st went to Toronto bls as its nearest compared to Brampton and also my frnd did walk-in couple months back. Reached there b4 they open, waiting around 2hrs in Q and later security said no more walk-ins here, need an appointment.Wait til 5pm to see new slots for nxt day & come with that appointment.But thats lk 50-50 chance.The possible slots were 2 weeks later but we didnt have enough time to wait as we need to travel by month end.
Then we just found few slots available at Brampton & then he rushed to Brampton.There they didnt accept our old photos, they needed recent one itself.Then we had to take printouts of our photos we took recently for PR which was expensive there.Also getting DD and payment stuffs was also not easy thing. One full day had gone by this.
Even for baby passport application we had trouble getting good photos without shade & as per their guidelines-had to try many studios with the baby-multiple visits for the application. It was not that easy as we thought to get things done so far for our babies.Just to go India Lol

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
question - re the marriage certificate. It has 2 dates refer to the attached screenshot, one is 15 June when I submitted it to the authority and another is 20 June the date they signed. I want to double confirm, it is 20 June that we have to enter the OCI application, right?

https://ibb.co/j3RW7FC

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
question - re the marriage certificate. It has 2 dates refer to the attached screenshot, one is 15 June when I submitted it to the authority and another is 20 June the date they signed. I want to double confirm, it is 20 June that we have to enter the OCI application, right?

https://ibb.co/j3RW7FC
either one is fine..
many will say marriage date others will say registration date... koi farak nahin padhta hian, if you submitting the certificate both dates will be their

Reactions: nishant872

Rsrv

Mar 25, 2016
Hi, when can I expect my OCI to be sent? The document was received at Toronto on 3 July and the BLS status says:

Original documents Dispatched via courier
(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)

The the tracking number there is the one when my original surrender was sent back to me.

Thanks!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, when can I expect my OCI to be sent? The document was received at Toronto on 3 July and the BLS status says:

The the tracking number there is the one when my original surrender was sent back to me.

Thanks!
anyday would be the right answer

Reactions: Rsrv

HappyLifeInCanada

Jun 22, 2023

Thanks!
For one of my OCI application, Document received at Toronto on 4th July & got the pickup notification already. So probably u can expect ur oci in a week of time, as per my experience.

Reactions: Rsrv

HMO

Jun 18, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
------
Nomination.....
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
process started on 21 April 2015 and SLU 24 April 2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015 & TLU 27 May 2015
Interview........
------
Passport Req..
DM 06 Aug 2015 & PPR 06 Aug 2015 , PP submitted 10 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport collected on 20 Aug 2015 & Visa issue 04 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016
OCI timeline:

Application type: Walkin application.
Application Submitted - July 8th 2023
In Transit from BLS to Consulate: July 10th 2023
BLS Status - Processing at Consulate General - July 10th 2023

Thank you

sagardeo21

Jan 11, 2018
HI,

I am filling out the online application for OCI.
I have 2 questions about docuemnts:

1. I have my own incorporation (LTD) in Canada. What proof of employment do I need to upload. The online submission has "Employment Letter" as an option to upload document

2. I only see 3 options to submit documents, Current Canadian Passport, Old Indian Passport & Employment Letter. How do I upload all other documents like surrender certificate?

Appreciate your help :)

Reactions: bulls23

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
HI,

1. I have my own incorporation (LTD) in Canada. What proof of employment do I need to upload. The online submission has "Employment Letter" as an option to upload document

2. I only see 3 options to submit documents, Current Canadian Passport, Old Indian Passport & Employment Letter. How do I upload all other documents like surrender certificate?

Maybe others can advise it better, but since you are self employed you can generate a your own letter under your company's highlighter the ownership of the business etc.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/page-798#post-10335797

Reactions: sagardeo21

HappyLifeInCanada

Jun 22, 2023
Good morning all..
We applied for 2 minor OCIs in person at BLS Brampton on June 1st 2023. One of them is ready to pickup from purolator & other one waiting for pickup notification.

Below are the timelines for reference-

1) Ready for pickup after oci stamping
(BLS status-Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)

Date Of Acknowledgment06-JUN-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Numberxxxxxxxx
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn30-JUN-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn04-JUL-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn04-JUL-2023

2) Waiting for pickup notification
(BLS status-Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

Date Of Acknowledgment07-JUN-2023
OCI- Numberxxxxxxxx
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn03-JUL-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn06-JUL-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn06-JUL-2023
Received the 2nd oci at home via Purolator yesterday on 10th Jul.
Not sure why one of them was on hold at purolator office & other one delivered at home address..both were applied together in person..

Reactions: abbas.pasha

bulls23

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
HI,

I am in the same situation and trying to understand if anyone has previously generated a letter of Self-employment and has a successful OCI completion process.

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Brampton BLS Experience.

For OCI Application, BLS told to leave "Previous Passport No" as blank if you didn't have previous Canadian Passport. I did put Surrender Indian Passport No as "Previous Passport No" and I had to do whole new application for this. Hope this helps someone.

In addition for Place of Birth, In my Canadian Passport I have Birth Place as Kherpur IND and I fill Birth Place in OCI Application as Kherpur Mehsana Gujarat INDIA (Same as Surrender Indian Passport) and BLS didn't ask for affidavit.

Thanks,
K

Last edited:
Reactions: abbas.pasha

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Finally the last step of immigration journey is about to finish. For all 3 applications OCI is printed , Hopefully end of next week this chapter will be closed. Phew..

Please find my timelines...

Date Of Acknowledgment20-JUN-2023
OCI- NumberXXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn12-JUL-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn