+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

yaml

Star Member
Aug 16, 2022
Yes you are technically correct but just wanted to prepare my family when they visit India if in case they had a question as why Canadian PP info was not updated on OCI.

I reached out to CGI Toronto as well and they confirmed that I can continue OCI on a US Passport or I can also get a new OCI and update Dual Citizenship (US and Canada) on it.
Just found some details about this at https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/docs/1626987169OCI updation procedure.pdf
In case of change of nationality of the OCI Cardholder, he/she can be permitted to enter/exit on the strength of the OCI card and valid passport of the new nationality provided the new nationality is not that of Pakistan or Bangladesh. In such cases, the OCI Cardholder is advised to get his/her new nationality updated through miscellaneous services.

Reactions: navid2014

prseeker2017

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Folks, For a new OCI application could you shed some light on what below status messages mean:
Status on BLS site - Original documents are Ready for Dispatch, Ready for Dispatch
Status on OCI Services site - Under-Process

I had applied on Apr-13, 2023. Hoping get the OCI soon.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Folks, For a new OCI application could you shed some light on what below status messages mean:
Status on BLS site - Original documents are Ready for Dispatch, Ready for Dispatch

That's the update for Indian passport or the surrender certificate BLS is sending back on the BLS website..
OCI website.. just wait..

Reactions: prseeker2017

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks, this is super helpful. When I submit the form etc. at BLS, do I need to give them copies of the uploaded documents as well? Or just the form from the OCI website? Will be mailing my application in.
Checklist https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/oci-checklist.php has all the relevant information
Recap
-Submitted online form
-Documents as mentioned in the checklist need to be included the application that you will send by Purolator. These documents need to be self attested. Do not send any originals with Purolator
-Draft's in the name of CGI or HCI (depending on your jurisdiction) for $345 and another draft for BLS for $7.4 (please check this link: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/oci-fresh.php) + Purolator fee

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Checklist https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/oci-checklist.php has all the relevant information
Recap
-Submitted online form
-Documents as mentioned in the checklist need to be included the application that you will send by Purolator. These documents need to be self attested. Do not send any originals with Purolator
-Draft's in the name of CGI or HCI (depending on your jurisdiction) for $345 and another draft for BLS for $7.4 (please check this link: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/oci-fresh.php) + Purolator fee
Abbas Bhai,

This is confusing

Checklist says original also.

Type A: Application for Fresh OCI Documents To be Verified by applicant Verification by Counter official (a) Checklist (b) Online Application Form (c) Surrender / Renunciation Certificate (d) Indian Passport (Original and Copy) (e) Foreign Citizenship certificate (Original and Copy) (f) Canadian/Foreign passport* (Original and Copy) (g) Professional Details of the applicant (h) Proof of Address (i) Fees (j) Photograph * Additional document for Foreign Passport holders required, please see details in Information Booklet

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Abbas Bhai,

This is confusing

Checklist says original also.

Type A: Application for Fresh OCI Documents To be Verified by applicant Verification by Counter official (a) Checklist (b) Online Application Form (c) Surrender / Renunciation Certificate (d) Indian Passport (Original and Copy) (e) Foreign Citizenship certificate (Original and Copy) (f) Canadian/Foreign passport* (Original and Copy) (g) Professional Details of the applicant (h) Proof of Address (i) Fees (j) Photograph * Additional document for Foreign Passport holders required, please see details in Information Booklet
Originals are only required to be shown at the counter if you are submitting the documents in person. BLS will verify the originals for the self attested copies of the documents you submitting.
If you are submitting it by courier, as I suggested above do not courier originals.
If you still are unsure, my suggestion would be to call BLS support center and confirm since you are any how planning to send your application through courier.

Reactions: Bhamarekm

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Hello Guys,

I have applied for my OCI and the current status is showing as UNDER-PROCESS. Date of Acknowledgment is 18-Apr-2023 and it is in Vancouver Jurisdiction

Do you have any idea how long it will take to get my OCI card?

I am planning to go to India on August 2023. I haven't book my flight tickets yet. Is it advisable to book the flight tickets now or should I wait till I receive my OCI card?

And are there any chances for the rejection of my OCI card Application?

Thanks,

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello Guys,

I have applied for my OCI and the current status is showing as UNDER-PROCESS. Date of Acknowledgment is 18-Apr-2023. Registration Status at Mission is Vancouver

Do you have any idea how long it will take to get my OCI card?

I am planning to go to India on August 2023. I haven't book my flight tickets yet. Is it advisable to book the flight tickets now or should I wait till I receive my OCI card?

And are there any chances for the rejection of my OCI card Application?

Thanks,
Go ahead and book the tickets...

Reactions: jithucan123

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016

Just saw the same status update on BLS website for myself as well. Applied at Brampton location on 17th April via walk-in.

how long to get the OCI after this . any idea @abbas.pasha guru ji ?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Just saw the same status update on BLS website for myself as well. Applied at Brampton location on 17th April via walk-in.

how long to get the OCI after this . any idea @abbas.pasha guru ji ?
If that's the update on BLS and if you were asked to submit your original surrender certificate or cancelled India passort, then this is most likely the case that they are sending it by Purolator....
OCI website.. just wait.. for the status to be updated in few days because I remember you already got the acknowledgement right ?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
If that's the update on BLS and if you were asked to submit your original surrender certificate or cancelled India passort, then this is most likely the case that they are sending it by Purolator....
OCI website.. just wait.. for the status to be updated in few days because I remember you already got the acknowledgement right ?
Hi how do we know whether or not they want original sc and passport (for a mailed oci application)

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I am Director and Employee of my own corporation. How do I get Employment Letter?
Do I have to mention spouse Passport details? Spouse is still waiting for her Canadian passport.
What's National Identification Number?