+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

gpuniani

May 1, 2023
I am applying for OCI for me and my wife, we are applying via post/purolator pickup and drop off. My questions are:
1. I have to make 2 DD, one for $345 for Consulate General of India - Toronto and the other for $7.4 for BLS International Services, correct?
2. Since I am applying via post/purolator do I have to submit original documents like Indian and Canadian Passport? Or can I just submit a self attested copy?

Thanks in advance.
I would say don't waste your money on postage they will for sure return and you loose a lot of money.

raman_singh

Dec 7, 2017
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On21-APR-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 24-APR-2023
Document received At TORONTO On 24-APR-2023

but no message to pick up the oci card

pl guide

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
They are infants. so they cannot write or sign.
Then you sign off the supporting documents (passports (Canadian, Indian), certificates(citizenship, surrender, birth, marriage certificate), proof of residence etc, NOC as parents
Leave the signature section in the application form i.e. Declaration (usually on page# 3) and when you go to BLS and submit the document the BLS can tell you whether you can sign or thumb impression of the minor is required

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for OCI. I will prefer to book an appointment at BLS - TORONTO ( to avoid giving original documents in currier ).
But there are no slots available for OCI.

I know few people book slot under VISA and went for surrender certificate. It worked.

has anyone booked slot under VISA and submitted OCI application?

@abbas.pasha sir any guidance?

Thanks
Kiran

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for OCI. I will prefer to book an appointment at BLS - TORONTO ( to avoid giving original documents in currier ).

I know few people book slot under VISA and went for surrender certificate. It worked.

Thanks
Kiran
I have only read through forum members that booking an appointment for other category i.e. visa/passport and then using it for OCI application is doable.
But personally I have not done that myself.

yaml

Star Member
Aug 16, 2022
Hi All,

Thanks
Kiran
When I went to BLS Brampton in March, the guard was checking the type of appointment for OCI (BLDG #40). For passport surrender (BLDG #60) it was not checked.

Reactions: Bhamarekm

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
He is talking about BLS Toronto.. they have only one office their in Lawrence Ave
Thank you everyone for your quick response. I guess on safe side its better to use currier service.

I can see on there website we can create one DD for all family members incase i am applying for fresh OCI for all. any inputs on this as BLS sometimes creates own rules :)

Regards
Kiran

antman88

Feb 16, 2022
please ensure with the pdfs:
- current passport: include the citizenship certificate as well
- Indian passport: include the surrender certificate as well

If you have a spouse but you are not apply OCI for them, do include their passport and certificates as well in the above pdf
Thanks, this is super helpful. When I submit the form etc. at BLS, do I need to give them copies of the uploaded documents as well? Or just the form from the OCI website? Will be mailing my application in.