+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I read the article. The Jingoism is apparent but certainly there is a case to be made for exploitation of youth especially from Pubjab (the primary target) who largely end up as low skilled labour, and the enormous amounts of wealth being drained from india for tuition, house downpayments, brain drain etc. In a large part and for most migrants from South Asia, Canadian immigration is a scam. Canada duped poor Europeans in the 19th century (they were not told of the snow) and many were simply deported from the Scotland during the highland clearances. But they did get free land and brought only their labour. The current drain from Asia can be said to be neo Colonialism and Canada knows it.
Unfortunately the author of the article threw the baby out with the bathwater with his jingoism and attacks on NRIs. People are not the evil. Governments and politicians are. Personally, I chose Canada for safety and nature. But I certainly don't recommend Indian youth to migrate to Canada. They're better off in India in many ways. Perhaps India should have dual citizenship after all. That would solve many problems- as migrants can then take their wealth and experience back to India. So in a way India's policy hurts itself.
To Da Youth: Beta Dubai Jao... tax free zindagi jiyo ;)

Reactions: johnjkjk

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
How the article ended was funny... as if it was written to target just one person.
No clue...
Applying surrender and OCI in India can be a risk as the process is not clear and whether on standard eVisa, Entry or Tourist visa one can even apply within India

Last edited:
Reactions: johnjkjk

akhilvh1234

Apr 10, 2023
Walk-in at BLS Surrey
Submitted Application: April 4
Status on BLS tracking - Changed from Underprocess to Processing at Consulate General on April 15.
Status on OCI website - No such record found.
Will likely take a week or so for the status to be updated in the OCI website

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Hello everyone, submitted my OCI application on 17th April at Brampton office and just checked the status on OCI and it says the date of acknowledgement as 21-APR-2023 (I believe Indian Time is mentioned) and OCI Application Status says UNDER-PROCESS.

Strangely quick acknowledgement but great processing speed by BLS AND CONSULATE. Hoping consulate maintains this speed.

strangely quick right buddy @abbas.pasha

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello everyone, submitted my OCI application on 17th April at Brampton office and just checked the status on OCI and it says the date of acknowledgement as 21-APR-2023 (I believe Indian Time is mentioned) and OCI Application Status says UNDER-PROCESS.

Strangely quick acknowledgement but great processing speed by BLS AND CONSULATE. Hoping consulate maintains this speed.

strangely quick right buddy @abbas.pasha

BLS aur CGI tum par meherabani hain

Great news this is indeed lightning fast, congrats buddy

svs03

Mar 5, 2019
Did you get any updates? I am in the same boat, no update after the Apr 13 OCI printing. I have to travel in 10 days
i think 10 days is good enough for you to receive the oci but if push comes to shove just apply for evisa with 2 to 3 days remaining before the flight.

yaml

Star Member
Aug 16, 2022
Date Of Acknowledgment22-MAR-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberAXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn13-APR-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn19-APR-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn19-APR-2023

Submitted at BLS Brampton on March 9th. Finally it's updated, hopefully will receive in one week.
Purolator delivered it today.

Reactions: nav.88

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@abbas.pasha Trahimam trahimam Sir

1 question regarding the marriage registration date in OCI. is it the actual marriage date or on which the application for rmarriage egsitration is made/marriage certificate is prepared ?

Last edited: