12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Touched down in Delhi few hours ago..
Went smooth no issues, except for that immigration form which has to be written and submitted at the immigration..
They do not ask you the return date or anything when OCI is available. Stamped the Canadian passport(no stamping on OCI card to be done)
Immigration waale uncle said Pasha bhai Pasha bhai aap Toronto se kab aayein :p
Pasha bhai - Agar mithai ka dabba Brar's ya Rajdhani se le jate to Immigration waale uncle yeh sawal nahi puchte ;)
Welcome to India!! Enjoy the mitti ki kushboo!

yaml

Star Member
Aug 16, 2022
Hi All, I live in Halifax Nova Scotia hence needs to apply for OCI under Toronto-jurisdiction. The checklist for OCI under Toronto Jurisdiction shows that we need to send original documents too along with self-attested copies; where as the Checklist for Vancouver jurisdiction shows just self attested copies. Please advice which one is correct? Will just self attested copies of required documents in mail work for OCI application?

Vancouver hecklist link : https://www.blsindia-canada.com/vancouver-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf

Toronto checklist link: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf

I really don't understand why both the checklists are different for OCI application.

Anyone here can guide please. Thanks!
It seems you just need to send self attested docs for postal application, take a look at https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/page-829

ultim226

Mar 2, 2023
Received OCI by Purolator today (March 14th) took about 2 months. Had sent out the postal application on Jan 17th with just photocopies of required documents and 2 photos.

BLS website is garbage and has a lot of conflicting information. I would recommend calling BLS and confirming what you need to send (I may have gotten lucky as I got someone that was actually helpful). Below is the time line for reference.
On BLS status the finals status was:
Application Status
(Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping)
Additional Infomation
#CommentsOn
1 Tracking Number 2023-03-11 08:36:01

tracking will not become active until Purolator has picked it up.

On https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury
Date Of Acknowledgment07-FEB-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn07-MAR-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn09-MAR-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn09-MAR-2023

itzparth

Mar 29, 2018
Question, for OCI or even surrender applications, is it a requirement that the marriage certificate is to be attested by Indian Consulate if marriage was performed and registered in Ontario?

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hello. Questions on Indian passport surrender. Thanks in advance for the response !
1. Can we walk-in to BLS offices or an appointment required (I am in Vancouver area)
2. For surrendering, can I surrender passport/related documents for my wife as well, or does she need to come in person
3. I got 2 photos clicked for OCI. But it seems they ask photo for surrender. How many photos are required for Surrender and how many for OCI?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello. Questions on Indian passport surrender. Thanks in advance for the response !
1. Can we walk-in to BLS offices or an appointment required (I am in Vancouver area)
2. For surrendering, can I surrender passport/related documents for my wife as well, or does she need to come in person
3. I got 2 photos clicked for OCI. But it seems they ask photo for surrender. How many photos are required for Surrender and how many for OCI?
1. Call BLS and ask.. Website mentions that you can walk in: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/vancouver-jurisdiction/index.php
2. Yes you can submit on behalf of your wife, but incase they reject the photograph and force you to get them clicked there at BLS, then it will pose a challenge
3. As per the checklist (page 3).. 1 photo is required for Surrender application in case of adult applicants. But then again a few forum members have said BLS is asking for 2 photographs for surrender application

Last edited:
Reactions: fswaspirant

ganesh_i83

Aug 28, 2016
Hi

So I have opted to pick up the OCI card from the BLS Brampton Center. I see the below status on OCI site, BLS tracking site only shows the status of return of the original surrender certificate. Do I wait for some communication from BLS for OCI pickup or just go to their office and check? Anyone in the same boat?

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn14-MAR-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn14-MAR-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn14-MAR-2023

amar dhillon

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hi

So I have opted to pick up the OCI card from the BLS Brampton Center. I see the below status on OCI site, BLS tracking site only shows the status of return of the original surrender certificate. Do I wait for some communication from BLS for OCI pickup or just go to their office and check? Anyone in the same boat?

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn14-MAR-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn14-MAR-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn14-MAR-2023
Can you please share your timeline

Jan 10, 2023
Anyone with 16-FEB-2023 Date Of Acknowledgment who has seen the status change to processed?
How much longer should it take ??
It was a postal application

s2l

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-16
Nomination.....
07-10-16
AOR Received.
01-11-16
Passport Req..
04-04-17
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-17
LANDED..........
25-04-17
Anyone with 16-FEB-2023 Date Of Acknowledgment who has seen the status change to processed?
Mine was 14-Feb-23 and I had a status change yesterday. Yours should be any day now!

arvindrags

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-10-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
16-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2017
Mine is Feb 16 Acknowledgement postal application as well. Still waiting

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
1. Call BLS and ask.. Website mentions that you can walk in: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/vancouver-jurisdiction/index.php
2. Yes you can submit on behalf of your wife, but incase they reject the photograph and force you to get them clicked there at BLS, then it will pose a challenge
3. As per the checklist (page 3).. 1 photo is required for Surrender application in case of adult applicants. But then again a few forum members have said BLS is asking for 2 photographs for surrender application
I called BLS. They said if you come in person, you have to stand in line from 6 am :rolleyes: .They suggested Purolator pickup drop off instead. I opted for that. Its like 158$ for 2 applications, but I guess saves me 3-4 hours of waiting in a line. Hope things workout. They asked me to send these forms:

1. Online application form
2. 1 photograph 2*2 inches
3. Indian passport copy and original
4. Canadian passport copy and citizenship certificate copy
5. Address proof each
6. Bank Draft : $ 129.40 for each - BLS International Services Canada Inc