+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

maverick_07

Jul 2, 2018
does anyone know how long after "Ready for Collection" do we have to collect OCI? I'm currently out of city and can't go to collect in person.

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I applied for OCI at BLS centre - Brampton on Feb. 25, 2023. I was asked to re-upload my image on the website since the photos were not matching. I am trying to re-upload them through the option provided on ociservices.gov.in I am able to crop and preview both the image and the signature but when I click on upload I get an error message "The specified URL is not accessible at this time. Please try after some time" I have tried re-doing this through several browsers and different computers but it still shows the same. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Divyesh
May be try again. If not, refill the form.

kohinoor13ster

Jul 10, 2018
Once you have submitted the form at BLS you should not create a new one..
We had re-upload the photo after submitting the application.
You need to upload the photo's using OCI Image Upload/ Re-upload option only.
Hi Abbas,

Yes, I am trying to re-upload through that option only but it is still showing the same error message. One advise I got from my IT dept. is to inform the concern office about this issue since it could be that they updated the link for re-upload but never connected it to the re-load option provided on the portal. I did send a message through SAMPARK to them but nothing yet.

Thanks,
Divyesh

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Abbas,

Yes, I am trying to re-upload through that option only but it is still showing the same error message. One advise I got from my IT dept. is to inform the concern office about this issue since it could be that they updated the link for re-upload but never connected it to the re-load option provided on the portal. I did send a message through SAMPARK to them but nothing yet.

Thanks,
Divyesh
Hi Divyesh
When did you submit the OCI application at BLS ?

On the OCI website it says the following... Re-upload cannot be performed once your application gets acknowledged at Indian Mission/FRRO.

Could this be an issue ?

kohinoor13ster

Jul 10, 2018
Hi Divyesh
When did you submit the OCI application at BLS ?

On the OCI website it says the following... Re-upload cannot be performed once your application gets acknowledged at Indian Mission/FRRO.

Could this be an issue ?
Hi Abbas,

I submitted the application last Saturday only so that should not be an issue as the AOR normally takes couple of weeks. I just called BLS and explained this to them. They said that currently the GOI server is down and I will have to wait till it is fixed. I don't know if that is entirely correct or not since I am able to re-upload documents easily. I guess there is nothing much that could be done than to wait and watch.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Abbas,

I submitted the application last Saturday only so that should not be an issue as the AOR normally takes couple of weeks. I just called BLS and explained this to them. They said that currently the GOI server is down and I will have to wait till it is fixed. I don't know if that is entirely correct or not since I am able to re-upload documents easily. I guess there is nothing much that could be done than to wait and watch.
Ok, it could be the case..
In our case we submitted the application on Dec 28. At the counter I was told we should upload the photos before the end of the same day before 6pm
Came out of BLS and sitting in my car itself uploaded the new photos and signatures. Went through without an issue.

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hi, Did you submit the original canceled Indian passport with your OCI application? did you choose Purolator shipping from BLS?how much they charged?
Yes, Original Cancelled Indian Passport was submitted ... However, BLS returned the surrender certificate on the spot. The additional BLS cost was approximately CAD 80/-

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Update:
  1. In Person application submitted at BLS - 17th Jan
  2. Surrendered Indian Passport Received via Purolator - 10th Feb
  3. Latest status on OCI tracking (https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury) - The specified URL is inaccessible at this time. Please try after some time
Any idea when will the OCI tracking show some status , instead of error? Also, by when can I actually expect OCI to be delivered?
Update:
  3. Latest status on OCI tracking (https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury) - UNDER PROCESS
  4. Date of Acknowledgement on OCI Tracker - 1st Feb.
Can someone please advise by when can I expect to receive OCI by Purolator?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Update:
  3. Latest status on OCI tracking (https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury) - UNDER PROCESS
  4. Date of Acknowledgement on OCI Tracker - 1st Feb.
Can someone please advise by when can I expect to receive OCI by Purolator?
By about 3rd week of March at the latest

Last edited:

karana

Jan 25, 2017
if Indian passport has "Chennai, Tamilnadu" In place of Birth but Canadian Passport has just "Chennai" , will that be a problem?
Hey, I am also in same situation, did you figure it out. Do I need affidavit if yes, could you pls share the template