+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
I have travel to India on 3rd week of July and I am expecting to have the Surrender Certificate by April beginning. If I apply for OCI in April mid, does it give enough time to obtain the OCI by July mid ? Need all of your expert opinion on the timelines etc.

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
I have travel to India on 3rd week of July and I am expecting to have the Surrender Certificate by April beginning. If I apply for OCI in April mid, does it give enough time to obtain the OCI by July mid ? Need all of your expert opinion on the timelines etc.
With current patterns, you should get it by June end.

Reactions: Koushani

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Its possible, but I would suggest you to apply for Surrender and once you receive that, apply for OCI in person.
Mail in will only add to your timeline of receiving the documents in hand in time for your travel
If you are not getting appointments for OCI e.g. just book an appointment under any other category(e.g. visa, passport)
e.g.
Surrender takes 1 month
OCI takes 2 months
but mailing your application receiving back the documents by courier will be on top of these timeline s

Last edited:
Reactions: Koushani and A_S

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Its possible, but I would suggest you to apply for Surrender and once you receive that, apply for OCI in person.
Mail in will only add to your timeline of receiving the documents in hand in time for your travel
If you are not getting appointments for OCI e.g. just book an appointment under any other category(e.g. visa, passport)
e.g.
Surrender takes 1 month
OCI takes 2 months
but mailing your application receiving back the documents by courier will be on top of these timeline s
Hi Abbas

If the appointment is booked under passport or visa, would they still allow the OCI applicant in..

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Should work, quite a few forum members have done this earlier and were able to apply for OCI
if brampton location have problem there is building address difference because security guard have appointment list for match your appointment and get token toronto address is ok just need appointment

Reactions: abbas.pasha

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
e.g.
Surrender takes 1 month
OCI takes 2 months
Thank you for your valuable suggestions Abbas. Is there also an option to pick up the Original Documents in-person ? I am highly skeptical in leaving those in the hands of the deadly combination of CGI-BLS-Purolator. :oops:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you for your valuable suggestions Abbas. Is there also an option to pick up the Original Documents in-person ? I am highly skeptical in leaving those in the hands of the deadly combination of CGI-BLS-Purolator. :oops:
When you say Original Documents are you referring to the OCI or the Original Indian Passport/Surrender Certificate they may ask you to submit?
If it is Original Indian Passport/Surrender Certificate then "they force you" that only way is receive it back is by courier
If you are talking about OCI then the story is:
BLS Toronto will not entertain in person pick they will force you to pay for the courier.
BLS Brampton is a bit (just a bit) flexible, but you need to know how to talk to them, if they see that you are gullible then you will be forced to pay for the courier service otherwise if you put your foot down and then you may have your way and they will sir we suggest you to go for courier but it up to you :D
I said, I am shifting my house in the next month and will not be available at the address... ;)

Read this.. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10366885

• Wow
Reactions: Koushani

kohinoor13ster

Jul 10, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I applied for OCI at BLS centre - Brampton on Feb. 25, 2023. I was asked to re-upload my image on the website since the photos were not matching. I am trying to re-upload them through the option provided on ociservices.gov.in I am able to crop and preview both the image and the signature but when I click on upload I get an error message "The specified URL is not accessible at this time. Please try after some time" I have tried re-doing this through several browsers and different computers but it still shows the same. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Divyesh

Nov 6, 2017
Hi .. am new to this group... My OCI status shows as

Counter Delivery to BLS from Consulate

Is it possible for me to go and collect it today..? I have already paid for courier service, so i don't mind the fees.

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Is there anybody who has applied around Feb 11 other than msatishxp. Did you get your original document back, or is the tracker updated saying original is sent back ? Also is the OCI acknowledged on the site ? I applied on Feb 11 and these are still saying "Processing at Consulate General" for me.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
just called BLS, I am in a similar situation, they said you can surely go ahead and collect it by yourself, just wait for the status to change to "ready for dispatch"...
I would suggest you to email the above because my status was showing
Counter
delivery at BLS center after OCI stamping even though I received the OCI by courier
and for my wife and daughter's application
Ready for Collection (since the time original documents (Indian passport) were returned)
In the email I provided them the Application and Canadian Passport#

VikasS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
I would suggest you to email the above because my status was showing
Counter
delivery at BLS center after OCI stamping even though I received the OCI by courier
and for my wife and daughter's application
Ready for Collection (since the time original documents (Indian passport) were returned)
In the email I provided them the Application and Canadian Passport#
Thank you, What is the email id you sent email to please.