+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, can I collect my wife's OCI from BLS?
Thanks!
With the OCI payment receipt, applicants are given the following piece of paper which says:

Collection time 3pm to 4:30pm
No entry after 4:30pm in any case
For pickup there will be a line-up at 40 Gillingham dr. unit 403 Brampton. Please carry one ID proof and receipt of your application for verification.
For any kind of document pickup, applicant should be present in the office due to security purpose
No other person can pick up the document on behalf of someone else In case of minor both parents should be there to collect the document.
Application processed after 18th of July 2022 strictly No authorization.

But having said that a friend of mine picked up his and his wife's OCI from BLS Toronto office (the courier with which BLS sent his OCI was returned back to BLS as my friend was travelling that week when courier tried to deliver at his home) earlier in Jan. He did carry a authorization letter from his wife.

kiravp

Feb 21, 2018
With the OCI payment receipt, applicants are given the following piece of paper which says:

Collection time 3pm to 4:30pm
No entry after 4:30pm in any case
For pickup there will be a line-up at 40 Gillingham dr. unit 403 Brampton. Please carry one ID proof and receipt of your application for verification.
For any kind of document pickup, applicant should be present in the office due to security purpose
No other person can pick up the document on behalf of someone else In case of minor both parents should be there to collect the document.
Application processed after 18th of July 2022 strictly No authorization.

But having said that a friend of mine picked up his and his wife's OCI from BLS Toronto office (the courier with which BLS sent his OCI was returned back to BLS as my friend was travelling that week when courier tried to deliver at his home) earlier in Jan. He did carry a authorization letter from his wife.
Got it, thanks! I believe Ottawa BLS allowing with authorization letter.

nh9522

Jun 8, 2016
Hello,

If anyone can provide an input please. Applying for OCI soon based on Indian national parent. I was born in a foreign country (i.e., not Canada or USA) and applying for OCI from BLS Vancouver office.

For the following:

In case the birth certificate is issued by a foreign authority, it is to be Apostled or endorsed by the concerned Indian Mission abroad.

For the above please advise if it should be notarized. Than sent to provincial government (i.e., British Columbia) to authenticate it. Finally send to Indian embassy in Vancouver. Again my Birth Certificate is from an African Country. Thank you

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello,

If anyone can provide an input please. Applying for OCI soon based on Indian national parent. I was born in a foreign country (i.e., not Canada or USA) and applying for OCI from BLS Vancouver office.

For the following:

In case the birth certificate is issued by a foreign authority, it is to be Apostled or endorsed by the concerned Indian Mission abroad.

For the above please advise if it should be notarized. Than sent to provincial government (i.e., British Columbia) to authenticate it. Finally send to Indian embassy in Vancouver. Again my Birth Certificate is from an African Country. Thank you
The foreign birth certificate for a children born to Indian national have to be registered by the Indian Embassy/Consulate/High Commission/Consulate General in the country of birth
The Indian consular services from these diplomatic missions provide the letter "Certificate of Entry of Birth of an Indian Citizen Within the Consular District of xxxxxxx (Diplomatic Missions name)"
registering the birth which includes Name, DoB, CoB, Parents name, Passport# of the parents.

I'd suggest you to reach out to CGI Vancouver (to check if they can do this registration/attestation for your birth certificate) first before you end up submitting your application at BLS.

SyedAli786

Jan 18, 2019
Hi All,

I need to apply for OCI, as my current Surrender certificate is in progress.
My question is regarding Place of Birth for OCI,

Myself

Place of Birth (Indian Passport) : Chilkalguda
Place of Birth (Candian Passport) : Hyderabad, IND

Wife & Kids

Place of Birth (Indian Passport) : Hyderabad

Do I need to make an affidavit for myself before applying for OCI ?
I read somewhere the Place of birth should match both in Indian/Canadian Passport

Can some please answer it, Thank you very much

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All,

I need to apply for OCI, as my current Surrender certificate is in progress.
My question is regarding Place of Birth for OCI,

Myself

Place of Birth (Indian Passport) : Chilkalguda

Wife & Kids

Place of Birth (Indian Passport) : Hyderabad

Do I need to make an affidavit for myself before applying for OCI ?
I read somewhere the Place of birth should match both in Indian/Canadian Passport

Can some please answer it, Thank you very much
Yes you may need an affidavit for your self
Wife and kids application is fine
We did this for our daughters application
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10311406