+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hurray! I received my OCI acknowledgement today and application status on OCI site is showing Under Process. Here's my timeline:

OCI Application Date- February 8
OCI Acknowledgement Date- February 23

However, I have a few queries mentioned below.

1) On BLS tracking website, the status is still stuck on Original Documents dispatched via courier. I heard that you need to get BLS status as 'Processing at Consulate General' before getting acknowledgement. So is there a cause for concern with regards to my BLS status not being updated with the required status?

2) Does acknowledgement mean my application is mostly approved?

Last edited:

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hurray! I received my OCI acknowledgement today and application status on OCI site is showing Under Process. Here's my timeline:

1) On BLS tracking website, the status is still stuck on Original Documents dispatched via courier. I heard that you need to get BLS status as 'Processing at Consulate General' before getting acknowledgement. So is there a cause for concern with regards to my BLS status not being updated with the required status?

Please note that I have searched using the search button on this forum but couldn't find any relevant info. So I thought it's better to get answers from the solid expertise of people here.

• Haha
Reactions: A_S

milestogo

Star Member
May 9, 2010
OCI Application Date- Jan 13
Date Of Acknowledgment30-JAN-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Numbernumber issued
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn24-FEB-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn24-FEB-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn24-FEB-2023

Last edited:
Reactions: A_S

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017

Wow your applications seems to be going lightspeed. I applied on Feb 11, but I have not yet got my originals back even.

Reactions: Jetrocker

Candent18

Sep 30, 2022
Guys. After completing part A and part B of OCI application, photo comes in printed on the submitted application form. Do we have to carry a physical photo when we go to bls office? Also do we need a copy of surrender certificate attested as well or only the original is sufficient?
Plz address this query
Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Guys. After completing part A and part B of OCI application, photo comes in printed on the submitted application form. Do we have to carry a physical photo when we go to bls office? Also do we need a copy of surrender certificate attested as well or only the original is sufficient?
Plz address this query
Thanks
Yes and BLS is asking for 2 hard copies of the photos
carry all your originals including passports(Canadian and Indian), Certificates (Citizenship and Surrender), Address Proof (Driving License, etc) and also take the copies as well. Copies should be self attested.

Reactions: Candent18

Candent18

Sep 30, 2022
Yes and BLS is asking for 2 hard copies of the photos
carry all your originals including passports(Canadian and Indian), Certificates (Citizenship and Surrender), Address Proof (Driving License, etc) and also take the copies as well. Copies should be self attested.
Thank you