+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rokuamit

Aug 28, 2021
For point 3 I would suggest you raise the issue with the Indian Consulate. BLS is just a courier service which uses a courier service...they have no say once you would show confirmation email.
I have already done that. Escalated at Indian Consulate in-person. If you have ever dealt with any Indian government officer, you can guess the outcome !

There are thousands on complains and internet is filled with BLS complains…no one want to improve situation !

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indian passport surrender - 2 failed in-person attempts (BLS Brampton)
sharing my experience from past 2 days - 16-17Feb'23. my God only knows how badly I want to get rid of ALL dealings with BLS - the mini sarkaari daftar! even though my kids may not visit India so often, I am still gonna go for more expensive OCIs for them so that I don't have to deal with BLS for every entry visa each time! these asses are simply minting money and treating us like shit, the ones who are actually funding their salaries!

1 - we were told by other applicants (even BLS/CGI website said) we need 1 photo
NO - they asked for 2 photos - 1 pasted on the form, 1 additional

2 - it wasn't mentioned anywhere on BLS/CGI website that photos need to be stamped (like for our citizenship appln)
NO - they said the photos need to be stamped with date (studio details not needed, at least that is what the woman said at the counter)

3 - BIGGEST one - we can apply for passport surrender if we don't have a Canadian passport, by giving a declaration
NO - I was refused yesterday (17Feb). even though i argued that getting a passport is an optional step, i already am a Canadian citizen. but no they didn't listen. BLS and CGI websites and even the checklist says that I can give a declaration to this effect. so, i am now waiting for my passport to come.
FUNNIEST PART is that on my 1st visit to BLS on 16th, I was told that I should not write "applied for" in the foreign passport field on the form, rest everything was okay. I visited them again on 17th Feb in less than 24 hours, this time they said (including the girl who I met last time) that they can't accept.

4 - Photos should be from a professional photo studio (but photos taken by a BLS staff in the waiting area from an ancient digital camera are acceptable!!)
Another applicant was refused cos their photos were not clicked by a professional photo studio. He showed the photos to me - they were absolutely perfect. Clicked by his son who's studying photography, and an absolutely normal n clear print which they took at home. This guy saved $80 - 100 by doing so for a family of 4. At the same time we say a BLS guy clicking photos under normal CFL lights in the waiting area, by making the applicant stand in front of a stained wall. This is acceptable?!
We all should ask for evidence of what they are claiming & get confirmation in writing. They randomly makes rules, specially for earning from photos & purolator service.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Unfortunately BLS is there to churn your money. Just tell them that you will take some add-on service (like photocopies, photo or courier service) and boom…all paperwork will be good. Even not, they will correct it and will ask for initials on correction!

I complained about their work ethics and behavior to Embassy but you know…all are same, no body cares when it comes to Canada. India-Canada doesn’t Have a lot business dealing. So no one cares !

Next time you go, start your conversation with asking about courier service!
you're so right! for my kid's application - she offered form filling service, and they'd take a scanned email of the form! just think about it - they reject applications even with ink color variances etc!

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
For point 3 I would suggest you raise the issue with the Indian Consulate. BLS is just a courier service which uses a courier service...they have no say once you would show confirmation email.
i did think about that, but honestly i did not want to go thru all that pain. am now just going to wait for my Canadian passports. cos by the time i get some response, and then action from CGI (and then compliance by BLS) i think i'd have my passports....

Reactions: tankala13

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
I have already done that. Escalated at Indian Consulate in-person. If you have ever dealt with any Indian government officer, you can guess the outcome !

There are thousands on complains and internet is filled with BLS complains…no one want to improve situation !
just noticed your post! this was exactly my fear - and you have actually proven it!

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
As suspected, BLS charged 3 courier charges and sent all the OCI's in one courier. Extra $$$ in their pocket for services not rendered. Isn't this sort of cheating.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
As suspected, BLS charged 3 courier charges and sent all the OCI's in one courier. Extra $$$ in their pocket for services not rendered. Isn't this sort of cheating.
In our case they charged only one time $26 to send back the original Indian passports, for 4 application.
Either they forgot or I had by then bullied my way to confuse them

Reactions: tankala13

Romi123

Dec 6, 2022
Hi everyone. Can you please suggest what option should i select for method of canadian citizenship. I went through all the legal procedures to become a canadian citizen like obtaining work permit, pr and citizenship. Is it naturalization? I am confused between registration and naturalization. Please help. Thnk you

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi everyone. Can you please suggest what option should i select for method of canadian citizenship. I went through all the legal procedures to become a canadian citizen like obtaining work permit, pr and citizenship. Is it naturalization? I am confused between registration and naturalization. Please help. Thnk you
Naturalization

Reactions: Romi123

Romi123

Dec 6, 2022
@msatishxp thank you. One more question. Do we only need to send the self attested documents as per the checklist only?
When i try to upload documents, it also asks about spouse’ oci card and current passport, marriage certificate. I will upload that. Do i also need to send everything whatever i am going to upload on the website or only as per the checklist? I will be sending my driving license as address proof but there is no option to upload it online. Please let me know the best way to do it.