OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Updated just a few mins ago

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn10-FEB-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn13-FEB-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn13-FEB-2023
Update on BLS tracker now shows: Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping for my OCI Application. For my wife and kids application the status is Ready for Collection. This status for them was from the time the original Indian passports were returned (i.e Jan 19)

soniyakhan045

Jan 23, 2018
Update on BLS tracker now shows: Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping for my OCI Application. For my wife and kids application the status is Ready for Collection. This status for them was from the time the original Indian passports were returned (i.e Jan 19)
so your oci card will be couriered tomorrow

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
I did not opt for the courier drop "value add" in the case of OCI. So I will have to go and collect.
Now I wonder if I can go tomorrow or wait for the status to change "Ready for Collection"
Nice, they agreed for that. At Winnipeg they are saying we do'nt allow OCI to be picked up. Just want to get commission from Purolator. They don't even tell that they are charging for the OCI cover, came to know about it here.

Damn BLS....

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Nice, they agreed for that. At Winnipeg they are saying we do'nt allow OCI to be picked up. Just want to get commission from Purolator. They don't even tell that they are charging for the OCI cover, came to know about it here.

Damn BLS....
Its a mixed bag here as well.. A friend of mine went to BLS Toronto to submit he was charged $90 per person which included 2 x courier charges (once to send the original Indian passport back and OCI) + Charges for the cover (which they were told they were gifts) + EP fee charges (sms etc) + charges for using stationery (they charged $4 for one piece of A4 paper)

So when I went to BLS Brampton I had the information handy and when I was prompted for courier (for OCI delivery) I said sorry I am shifting my home in the next month or so I cannot accept delivery by courier ;) .
But they still did not stop there.. and the pitch was, sir original Indian passport has to be returned only by courier.. I told the lady at the counter. that I picked just last week the cancelled Indian passport and surrender certificate in person, then to Indian passport return by courier policy was not there... I also almost wanted to ask the BLS lady at the counter to show the policy manual and get your manager (till my wife intervened whispering "Bacchhi ke jaan loge kya"). In the end we reluctantly accepted the Indian passport's to be returned by courier, there also BLS ended up putting all 4 passports in one envelope and charged me for 1 courier fee ($26 total)for delivering 4 passports :p:p

Reactions: tankala13

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Anyone with Jan 25th acknowledgement date got their OCI application processed? As of yesterday, I saw applicants till Jan 24th got processed, I was expecting something today

Last edited:

sachinfromNB

May 13, 2022
I should have confirmed in the original post. Application was submitted in person at BLS Toronto on 17th Jan. BLS Tracking status showed an update around 3rd Feb and surrendered passport received via Purolator on 10th Feb.

So, are you suggesting another 2+ weeks for OCI printing .i.e. I will be able to see OCI status online only after 2 weeks?
Hi, Did you submit the original canceled Indian passport with your OCI application? did you choose Purolator shipping from BLS?how much they charged?

sachinfromNB

May 13, 2022
Its a mixed bag here as well.. A friend of mine went to BLS Toronto to submit he was charged $90 per person which included 2 x courier charges (once to send the original Indian passport back and OCI) + Charges for the cover (which they were told they were gifts) + EP fee charges (sms etc) + charges for using stationery (they charged $4 for one piece of A4 paper)

So when I went to BLS Brampton I had the information handy and when I was prompted for courier (for OCI delivery) I said sorry I am shifting my home in the next month or so I cannot accept delivery by courier ;) .
But they still did not stop there.. and the pitch was, sir original Indian passport has to be returned only by courier.. I told the lady at the counter. that I picked just last week the cancelled Indian passport and surrender certificate in person, then to Indian passport return by courier policy was not there... I also almost wanted to ask the BLS lady at the counter to show the policy manual and get your manager (till my wife intervened whispering "Bacchhi ke jaan loge kya"). In the end we reluctantly accepted the Indian passport's to be returned by courier, there also BLS ended up putting all 4 passports in one envelope and charged me for 1 courier fee ($26 total)for delivering 4 passports :p:p
It seems like they are getting good benefit from courier charges. Last month I paid $290 for family of 3 surrender certificate, one pick up and 3 drop.
This time for oci from same address they charged $320. Lady told Sir it's base on service, for OCI it's more. I mean common how shipping charges are related to service when service charges are already different for different services but ultimately end up paying.

• Wow
Reactions: abbas.pasha

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
It seems like they are getting good benefit from courier charges. Last month I paid $290 for family of 3 surrender certificate, one pick up and 3 drop.
This time for oci from same address they charged $320. Lady told Sir it's base on service, for OCI it's more. I mean common how shipping charges are related to service when service charges are already different for different services but ultimately end up paying.
I think they have commission with the no of people opting for courier service.. don't see any other reason for them to be pushing for these fees. Or being lazy to have people collecting....

Hope these guys become somewhat professional like VFS...just have similar name doesn't make them same.

asadalirahim

Sep 3, 2019
I think they have commission with the no of people opting for courier service.. don't see any other reason for them to be pushing for these fees. Or being lazy to have people collecting....

Hope these guys become somewhat professional like VFS...just have similar name doesn't make them same.
BLS people are internally pressurized to make money. I was asked to pay $6 each for status updates for my applications. Then they asked me to pay for courier charges saying that if the OCI comes to BLS, there are only a few slots after 3 PM when people can actually come and collect. I was asked to take new pics for the application at the centre and I just felt like I was being robbed. They should be reported. Another funny charge was - printing charges for all the pages of the application form. Not just the filled out pages. But additional pages with instructions on how to fill the form up. She said it is done so that the officer knows what instructions you followed. That was the funniest.

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
its been a week since the status was updated on the CGI website (printing/processed) but nothing from BLS yet (still says counter delivery)... anyone who got their CGI update on or after 10th Feb and received a BLS update that its been shipped via Purolator?

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
BLS people are internally pressurized to make money. I was asked to pay $6 each for status updates for my applications. Then they asked me to pay for courier charges saying that if the OCI comes to BLS, there are only a few slots after 3 PM when people can actually come and collect. I was asked to take new pics for the application at the centre and I just felt like I was being robbed. They should be reported. Another funny charge was - printing charges for all the pages of the application form. Not just the filled out pages. But additional pages with instructions on how to fill the form up. She said it is done so that the officer knows what instructions you followed. That was the funniest.
After their torture, no one wants to put effort to fight them. Just happy to get OCI's.

They have charged me 60$ X 3 for courier charges, I wouldn't be surprised if they send me all of my families OCI's in just one courier. Their status's are also all messed up. They returned my passports, but the status says that OCI was being delivered. Just all confusing. They do'nt know how to operate their own printer, and I helped them fix it....I should be charging them 200$ for my work