abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Applicant Namexxxxxxxx
File Reference NumberCANTxxxxxxx
Date Of Acknowledgment11-JAN-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

If Date of Acknowledgement is Jan 11, when do you guys think I'll get my OCI? I received my originals last week.
In about 30 days

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, do we have to submit the hard copy of the signature image or only the digital copy? Does anyone know a good place like a photo studio or scanning shop in Toronto/GTA where we can get the signature image scanned exactly as per OCI specifications?

Also, does the profession letter need to be a letter from the employer or a self-written cover letter would be fine? And does the occupation get printed on the OCI card?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, do we have to submit the hard copy of the signature image or only the digital copy? Does anyone know a good place like a photo studio or scanning shop in Toronto/GTA where we can get the signature image scanned exactly as per OCI specifications?

Also, does the profession letter need to be a letter from the employer or a self-written cover letter would be fine? And does the occupation get printed on the OCI card?
Once you enter the information(name, place of birth, passport details etc..) on the OCI website, you will be asked to upload your photo and signature. After this you will be asked to upload the passport copy, surrender certificate, citizenship certificate, marriage certificate, Work/Experience letter etc. Self attestation is not required for uploaded supporting document
Walmart (you can mention to them the photo specification) is a good option to get your photographs clicked, take a picture through your phone for digital copy. For the signature sign on a paper and take a photo/scan of the signature.

At the end you can download the copy of the application form which will have the photo and signature.

This printed form along with the hard copy of the photo has to be submitted to BLS.

We provided the letter issued by the company. Letter was uploaded to the OCI website along with the other documents mentioned above. But when we took the letter to BLS for submission in person, they returned it back as it was not required... Documents that you will submit to BLS need to be self attested.

For Adult Application we uploaded the following on the OCI website:
  • CURRENT PASSPORT - Combine pdf and include (first page) of the Canadian Passport and citizenship certificate(front and back)
  • EMPLOYMENT/ WORK LETTER
  • SPOUSE PASSPORT- Combine pdf and include (first page) of the Canadian Passport and citizenship certificate(front and back) (if you are married)
  • PREVIOUS INDIAN PASSPORT OF SELF - Combine pdf and include (first and last page) of the Indian Passport and Surrender Certificate
There are tools like:
- https://imageresizer.com/ to adjust the dimension of the photo and signature
- https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf to compress the size of the pdf (supporting documents) that you will upload

Jan 10, 2023
Hi,
I have printed the documents
1. Do I need to sign every page of the form or just the declaration and the photocopies stating "This is the true copy of the original" with the date and sign
2. Do we have to write anything at the back of the photo like the name or sign and the same for the Minor photo, name, and thumbprint?
3. For minors the photocopy of the Birth certificate needs to be signed by parents or do we also need the kid's thumbprint on it

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi,
I have printed the documents
1. Do I need to sign every page of the form or just the declaration and the photocopies stating "This is the true copy of the original" with the date and sign
2. Do we have to write anything at the back of the photo like the name or sign and the same for the Minor photo, name, and thumbprint?
3. For minors the photocopy of the Birth certificate needs to be signed by parents or do we also need the kid's thumbprint on it
-Sign on Page 4 of the application form under declaration.
-For minor if they can write there name besides name of the applicant is also OK, else you can mention there name
-Don't mention anything behind the photo
-Either parent can sign on the birth certificate of the minor

Reactions: Jetrocker

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
-Sign on Page 4 of the application form under declaration.
-For minor if they can write there name besides name of the applicant is also OK, else you can mention there name
-Don't mention anything behind the photo
-Either parent can sign on the birth certificate of the minor
On the self-attested photocopies, do we also have to write 'This is the true copy of the original' or just sign them?

aqsathak

Nov 16, 2020
Hi I have a question whether it is a problem if the application says the new city name vs old city name in the passport. My application mentions Mumbai, but my Passport says Bombay. Is that a problem?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi I have a question whether it is a problem if the application says the new city name vs old city name in the passport. My application mentions Mumbai, but my Passport says Bombay. Is that a problem?
Are you asking wrt place of birth in the Indian passport ?
my first passport and the last surrendered ones all had place of birth mentioned as Mumbai

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
I had the same issue and asked Canadian Passport office to change it back to the old name. They gave me a new one with the old city name as it matched with my other travel documents and COPR.

The Indian consulate likes to keep things open-ended, they never used the new city name when I renewed my Passport twice from California. It all boils down to the BLS guy at the counter.

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Looks like timeline is more or less back to the 3 week slot....I applied for family on 6th Dec - Acknowledgement received on 29th Dec (Toronto evening) - OCI printed / dispatched / received on 20th Jan - BLS status updated as Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping on 23rd.

For self - I applied on 9th Dec - Acknowledgement received on 4th Jan - OCI printed / dispatched / received on 24th Jan (Toronto evening) - BLS status updte - Awaited.

One interesting fact that I observed, any status update in the OCI website (for e.g. dates) is always reflected from an IST perspective and you are able to see the status update around 4 PM Toronto time the previous day.

For e.g. my date shown against printed / dispatched / received in the OCI status enquiry website is 25th Jan 2023 whereas I was able to see the status update yesterday evening our time. Same was the case with my acknowledgement.