Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2017
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
Hi Everyone,

This question might have been asked so many times in this forum however I am not able to find it out.

What documents shall I submit for self employed?

Is it just the employer letter from my corporation with my contact details? any other documents related to the corporation?

Shall I just provide my home address (which is my corporation address) as the employer address in the application form?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Hi Everyone,

This question might have been asked so many times in this forum however I am not able to find it out.

Is it just the employer letter from my corporation with my contact details? any other documents related to the corporation?

Shall I just provide my home address (which is my corporation address) as the employer address in the application form?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
I think employment letter is not needed unless you are working in the army etc.

So any format is fine. Just take and present it and am sure it will be returned.

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
I agree with Abbas' point regarding issue BLS is creating for photograph. They had objected to my minor son's photo even when he was wearing quite dark t-shirt.

Infact if you have not already got photos clicked or if not getting them for much less price, I suggest to get it clicked there itself. They will likely be lenient in other loot items.
We must complain for such unwarranted enforced services. I did my part for complaining to CGI Toronto using Sampark portal.
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/sampark/enquiry.php?sid=4

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Hi Everyone,

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
BLS doesn't need professional experience letters. They'll return, if you provide hard copies.
For https://ociservices.gov.in/ - You can write a simple letter about your business/self-employment/business on letter head (if any)

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
My Kids, they did self attested and counter signed by both parents (we did the Same for My Son surrender and OCI).

I don't think that would be an Issue.

My Daughter Born in Canada with Canadian Birth certificate issued in French in Quebec
My Son born in India with Indian Birth certificate attested by HRD Kerala (did during the PR application as it was a requirement).

BLS returned the originals and took copies that were self attested for both kids.
Hi,

I have a question. Will be great if you could answer.

For this --> My Daughter Born in Canada with Canadian Birth certificate issued in French in Quebec - did you have to get the birth certificate translated to English when applying for OCI?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hi Everyone,

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
No need to submit anything - I didn’t do anything for my wife or myself and got our OCIs in hand. Submission was late November.

SPV

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
This is my timeline. Postal Application: Date of Delivery to BLS November 15th,
Date of Acknowledgement: Nov 19th 2022

OCI Website status below

Date Of Acknowledgment09-DEC-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn30-DEC-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn04-JAN-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn04-JAN-2023
I finally received the OCI. On Jan 6th BLS tracking got updated that the OCI is ready to dispatch in the morning. In the afternoon, I got the Purolator tracking ID. I received the OCI card yesterday Jan 9th around 4 p.m.

Reactions: Dee3186

pallyp

Jan 7, 2023
Hello everyone,

Im about to upload pdf documents for my OCI application and i see 2 different pieces of information. On the OCI services page under prerequisites (just before proceeding to apply) the instruction says "Kindly be ready with supporting documents in PDF format (Max size 1000kb)."

And on the other hand this link https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-documents-to-be-uploaded/ says: "Max file size allowed for a document file is 500kb".

If i try to compress it to under 500kb its all blurry.

Has anyone uploaded pdf documents over 500kb and managed to get their OCI?

Thank you

Dee3186

Aug 8, 2022
Anyone with acknowledgement date as 17th December 2022 on OCI Status Enquiry page received updates?
My acknowledgment date is 16th December 2022 and I just saw the update on OCI page (there was no update when I checked around 9:30 AM EST today). and based on the message posted by SPV (2 messages above), it might take another 4 to 5 days to actually get it.

yspddr414

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2017
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
No need to submit anything - I didn’t do anything for my wife or myself and got our OCIs in hand. Submission was late November.
The requirement might have changed recently. The OCI checklist is now asking for the employer letter

yspddr414

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-12-2017
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
BLS doesn't need professional experience letters. They'll return, if you provide hard copies.
For https://ociservices.gov.in/ - You can write a simple letter about your business/self-employment/business on letter head (if any)
Thank you! Shall I upload the same online under employer letter section?
I don't understand why do they need Employment letter to issue OCI card. Is there a reason for it that I am not aware of?

preet.tech89

Jul 12, 2019
Hey Folks, I have been searching the thread about OCI and came to this one. Is there any post/thread/forum where all the steps are mentioned about complete process (from surrendering the passport to OCI card) in some bullet points or notes as it would be easy to understand the whole process? Thank you

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hi All,

I previously recollect reading somewhere that the photographs should have a white background and applicant should be wearing dark-coloured clothing.

However, just reading the instructions before filling OCI form now and it specifically states background should NOT be white.

"Photograph to be affixed on the application should be a square shape of size not less than 51*51mm (with 80% coverage of face). It should have plain light color background (not white) without the border with front view of person's head and shoulders showing the full face in middle of the photograph."

So what background colour is acceptable?