+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
My Kids, they did self attested and counter signed by both parents (we did the Same for My Son surrender and OCI).

I don't think that would be an Issue.

My Daughter Born in Canada with Canadian Birth certificate issued in French in Quebec
My Son born in India with Indian Birth certificate attested by HRD Kerala (did during the PR application as it was a requirement).

BLS returned the originals and took copies that were self attested for both kids.
Thanks

I uploaded the kid's thumbprint in the online application.

Do we need the kid"s thumbprint again anywhere on the printed application?

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Just once when you upload in online application. Don't need anywhere else.
Thanks.

Did you apostille the birth certificate? I just got turned down by BLS because I did not have the apostille birth certificate for the child. They said you need to get it done from the Consulate of India and also embassy of the country from where the birth certificate is.

Any forum members faced this?

nik.bapat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Pune
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-09-2018
Can I apply for all family oci application in one courier or it needs to be sent individually?. Also can take one draft for all family?
Hi, I am in a similar situation. And was wondering the same question as this. What did you finally do?
1. Did you create a single Draft for family?
2. Did you send the family applications in a single package?

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Hi, I am in a similar situation. And was wondering the same question as this. What did you finally do?
1. Did you create a single Draft for family?- Single draft or separate drafts is your choice ,the only downside of making single draft is that if one of the application is incomplete or needs to be redone, they will send back all the applications because you have a single draft.
2. Did you send the family applications in a single package?- Sending all applications in one package should be fine.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

SPV

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
@Leo0806 Did you check in the OCI website? Mine changed to Date of Acknowledgement Dec 09 2022 and Status - Under Process today.

Sonikky

Apr 4, 2016
Few more days to go...

����
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberAxxxxxxx
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn05-DEC-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn06-DEC-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn06-DEC-2022

Bls is still showing Processing at consulate general. It's been 3 days since the status changed on oci status tracker

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Walk in application: Oct 25, Brampton
Bls status: Processing at Consulate General
https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury
Date Of Acknowledgment16-NOV-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Numberxxxxxxxx
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn08-DEC-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn09-DEC-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn09-DEC-2022

Sonikky

Apr 4, 2016
BLS Status changed to "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping".

I am hoping to receive it by Tuesday :)
Status changed to "Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping"

I have paid for Purolator drop off service. Looking at the other comments, it seems tthe Purolator tracking info should be available on Monday

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi I have the same issue.
any luck getting that rectified?If yes can you share the process? I’m travelling in january
I had applied to rectified it. Since 2 months I am still waiting to get new/corrected OCI card. Did not got that yet. there is form on the website to correct/modify. Have to pay 35$.

But it is messy process. They don't have complete list what they are looking for. I had attached everything with it , whatever was mentioned in the list and sent it by post.

They returned it asking father's passport (Never mentioned father's Canadian passport or Father's OLD Indian passport).. I had to visit BLS office, if i can recall they said, father's Canadian passport... What the hell????? I asked why you people can not see the copy attached already attached of my Son's OLD passport having father's correct last name on it? why you don't trust document issued from your (Indian passport) own office rather you are asking/trusting a document (father's Canadian) issued by another country..

It is so pathetic ... sorry to say, but they have no idea either on the phone and also in BLS office what to do they just do whatever they like. So rude people. No place to stand.. a tiny small office.. Smaller than a cow/buffalos shed. So frustrating... No trained staff. No smile.. No thank you... ooooooh... End of story is i had given them whatever they ask.... and still waiting for OCI card.

If you are visiting office, take every original document what ever you have and even photocopy with you...

Hope this helps

nik.bapat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Pune
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-09-2018
Has anybody's OCI application been rejected by CGI after BLS has accepted the application? Asking the question as there was a mistake in my son's application, and the BLS person there kindly allowed me to refill a new application and take a print for submission right there at BLS. But my son was not with me, so his signature / fingerprint is missing on this newly printed application. The submission is complete now. But I am worried if CGI would reject the application.

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Thanks.

Did you apostille the birth certificate? I just got turned down by BLS because I did not have the apostille birth certificate for the child. They said you need to get it done from the Consulate of India and also embassy of the country from where the birth certificate is.

Any forum members faced this?
Anyone has any experience with this? Please advise.