+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Can anyone help answer this -

Can a Dual Citizen US/Canada (Minor) residing in Canada for last 4 years still apply for E-Visa for India.

E- Visa is open for America but not yet resumed for Canada.

Last edited:

gprasanna31

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Mumbai
Visa Office......
CPC- OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-01-2017
Passport Req..
01-04-2017
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Hi Experts

I introduce myself as Prasanna and looking for your expertise on the below queries for OCI
1) Can I and my daughter (Canadian born) apply for OCI together in same application, or it needs to be 2 different application?
2) The supporting documents for minors in the online portal are very confusing, the options are work/ employment letter, PIO etc. these are not applicable for infants
3) As I am recent Canadian citizen holding Canadian passport and my wife is still having Indian passport- For my infant daughter application- Not sure which option to select for uploading the supporting documents for parents as the option Indian Origin Proof Type has following options only
>Previous Indian Passport of Parents
>Current Indian Passport of Parents.
As a mother my wife can upload Indian passport in Current but I am unable to select the Previous Indian passport of Parents to upload my document
4) Where is the option to upload my wife's PR card
5) Where to upload my current Canadian supporting documents
6) Where to upload my cancelled Indian passport and surrender certificate

Am I missing anything that needs to be taken care of? Planning to go to India In March end- hope so by then myself and my daughter we both receive our OCI document

Thank you in advance and apologies for too many questions. The website is not very friendly.

Prasanna

Lop@2

Dec 10, 2022
Hi My status shows processing at consulate general. What does that mean Is it with BLS or in consulate??
Thanks

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Can anyone help answer this -

Can a Dual Citizen US/Canada (Minor) residing in Canada for last 4 years still apply for E-Visa for India.

E- Visa is open for America but not yet resumed for Canada.
You can apply for EVisa, based on US Passport.....since you are in Canada, they might ask you some proof of Canadian residencey(for which you have a Canadian Citizenship to prove)

Reactions: canadalove85

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Hey after how long were you able to see status online on BLS after sending application?
around 14 days ,this is my sister application still waiting for 2 application for visa her tkt is 7 jan-2023 i hope get on time my self is appointment is 14 dec bls ,2022 lets see what happen.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
around 14 days ,this is my sister application still waiting for 2 application for visa her tkt is 7 jan-2023 i hope get on time my self is appointment is 14 dec bls ,2022 lets see what happen.
Can you please post full timeline? When did you submit application when were you able to see online status?

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
FYI...
For those looking for OCI Appts - BLS Brampton just opened a bunch of appointments for Dec 2022. All days available except Dec 26 and 27.

Book asap.