TORONTO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-12-2017
LANDED..........
18-04-2018
OCI processes today, Nov 30.
Date of acknowledgement was Nov 9.

tried calling BLS to inquire if I can pickup instead of mailing it in. But can’t get through to agent. Anyone have any luck doing this? What number did you call on? I’m in Toronto.

also, can I have somebody else pick it up? I’m out of the country, and I am hopingBLS will let my mom pick it up so she can courier it to me.

Reactions: mpreetsingh

dansk1

Nov 30, 2022
When I submitted my OCI application, BLS kept my surrendered Indian passport. I paid postage to have both returned back to me.

I received my surrendered Indian passport back- I was able to track it both on the BLS website and Purolator using the OCI tracking number provided by BLS. Now I see that my OCI has proceeded and shows delivered to Toronto.

My question is:
What tracking number should I use to track my OCI card both on BLS and Purolator's website ?

When I use the OCI tracking number initially provided it still displays the tracking details of my returned Indian passport.

dansk1

Nov 30, 2022
OCI processes today, Nov 30.
Date of acknowledgement was Nov 9.

tried calling BLS to inquire if I can pickup instead of mailing it in. But can’t get through to agent. Anyone have any luck doing this? What number did you call on? I’m in Toronto.

also, can I have somebody else pick it up? I’m out of the country, and I am hopingBLS will let my mom pick it up so she can courier it to me.
Can I ask did they also return your Indian passport back to you using the same tracking number as your OCI card tracking#

Are you able to track your updated OCI status with the same tracking# ?

eager

Jul 20, 2015
When I submitted my OCI application, BLS kept my surrendered Indian passport. I paid postage to have both returned back to me.

I received my surrendered Indian passport back- I was able to track it both on the BLS website and Purolator using the OCI tracking number provided by BLS. Now I see that my OCI has proceeded and shows delivered to Toronto.

My question is:
What tracking number should I use to track my OCI card both on BLS and Purolator's website ?

When I use the OCI tracking number initially provided it still displays the tracking details of my returned Indian passport.
What was the date of acknowledgement for your application?

Johnny_0507

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto
Processing is complete in exactly 3 weeks from the Date of Acknowledgement

Got another update on the OCI website - https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury

Date Of Acknowledgment09-NOV-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn30-NOV-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn30-NOV-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn30-NOV-2022

Yipee, now just waiting for BLS to dispatch it soon, as of now no further change in BLS Tracker, still showing 'Processing at Consulate General'

Reactions: mpreetsingh and avm

saumit12

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hi experts,
my application was returned twice (post-application).
1st time - Wrong place of birth ( my mistake, somehow the application picked up India, Canada)
2nd time - Both demand drafts were under the name of BLS instead of the Consulate General of India again my mistake. However, I don't know why they didn't mention this the first time as I send the same draft then. I lost $74 twice.

Now I don't want to take a risk, and I have a doubt.
My place of birth in my Canadian passport is City, Country and in my Indian passport is City, State. Do I need an affidavit and notary for this issue, kindly let me know. Also, my trip to India is on Jan 26, is it too close? should I apply for a visitor or tourist visa? can I apply for both OCI and Visa together if I walk in?

Any type of help on this is highly appreciated.

thanks

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Hi,

For those who applied oci under Ottawa jurisdiction what should be the name on the Draft?

The link on bls website says: (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ottawa-jurisdiction/ocihome.php - Under application fees tab)

Draft or money order in favor of "High Commission of India - Ottawa"

And their own (BLS) checklist says: (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ottawa-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist-and-Information-Booklet-for-OCI-Jan2022.pdf)

The fees to be paid in the form of Money order or Demand draft in favor of “High Commission of India, Ottawa”

Does the comma or hyphen matter?
Anyone from Ottawa jurisdiction can confirm?

saumit12

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
I was in the same boat on Monday. Just stay on the appointment page and keep refreshing. I saw an appointment open up for Tuesday morning, booked it and submitted my docs.

IMO they can easily accommodate walkins but they are not doing it (I saw a lot of people sent back). The office was practically empty yesterday morning. There were people sitting behind the counter waiting for people to show up. I took two steps into the office and was called to a window immediately.
Hey, long should i leave if i need to walkin to brampton, planning for this friday decmber 2

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Hey, long should i leave if i need to walkin to brampton, planning for this friday decmber 2
BLS Brampton is not accepting walkins for anything.

Don't go if you don't have an appointment. Security will not let you in unless you give them a printout of the Appointment confirmation / they have confirm your name on their appointment sheet.

Pvraju

Nov 11, 2013
I got my OCI delivered by plurolator today. Here is the timeline

Date Of Acknowledgment01-NOV-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Number
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn22-NOV-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn24-NOV-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn24-NOV-2022

Reactions: avm

saumit12

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
BLS Brampton is not accepting walkins for anything.

Don't go if you don't have an appointment. Security will not let you in unless you give them a printout of the Appointment confirmation / they have confirm your name on their appointment sheet.
thanks i guess it is the same for toronto ?

Aaronpaul

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, today 30th Nov My Oci is showing recd at Toronto, when can I go for pickup and also do i need to book appointment for BLS Brampton Pickup. Thx to all replies