Med's Request
pre medicals
Med's Done....
17-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
The application status of our kid's OCI is updated to "Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping" on Monday, but while we are checking on the Purolator website through reference no. *CANV******* it doesn't show any information. We have also tried to reach the BLS office multiple times, but nobody is responding to our phone calls or replying to our online ticket. If anybody had a similar issue before, please provide your valuable advice or suggestions. We are getting nervous as we are flying next week. Thanks!
You should be getting it soon, I had my status to “Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping" and I got oci via purolator 3 days later. Good Luck !

Reactions: Pulkit89

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
It seems BLS Brampton/Toronto is not taking any walk-ins without appointment starting 16 Nov. I also don't see any appointments available on their Book Appointment page.

Any idea when BLS opens more appointments - which day of the week, what time of the day do they add more appointments?? What's the best way to get an appointment for OCI in Toronto jurisdiction.
Can anyone help how to get OCI appointment at BLS Brampton or Toronto.?

Prats042000

Nov 18, 2022
OCI APPLICATION SUBMITTED ON 6th Oct 2022,
Acknowledged 24 Oct
OCI stamped and document received at consulate 18 Nov 2022
Status updated to counter delivered to BLS after stamping 21 Nov 2022
OCI delivered on 24 Nov 2022

Reactions: PMV and LJ2CAN

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone help how to get OCI appointment at BLS Brampton or Toronto.?
On BLS website they have mentioned that "There would be additional appointment slots opened during the Day/ Week depending on Demand & Capacity". However, I have not seen any new slot opened since 17-Nov for Brampton office.

I have an appointment for BLS Brampton for 26-Nov (8:10 AM) under Visa category which I will cancel. I will also most likely cancel (to be confirmed next week) couple of appointments for 3-Dec under OCI category. Let me know if you need any of those appointments.

charliep40

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
OCI APPLICATION SUBMITTED ON 6th Oct 2022,
Acknowledged 24 Oct
OCI stamped and document received at consulate 18 Nov 2022
Status updated to counter delivered to BLS after stamping 21 Nov 2022
OCI delivered on 24 Nov 2022
I sent postal application on 4 OCT but my DOA on OCI website is 8 NOV (2 weeks difference from yours that's quite a difference in sending application to CGI from BLS. Was yours Postal ?

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Walk-in OCI Application at the Brampton office: Oct 29
Acknowledgement: Nov 24 (a little late)
Planned travel date: Dec 18
Will be collecting the OCI card in-person when its ready (no Purolator service).

Looking at the posted timelines from others on this forum, should I move my travel date?

rajtester

Nov 25, 2022
Is anyone in a similar situation?
OCI application status is: Passport Ready for Collection after OCI Stamping.
The status has not changed for 1 month now, and nobody has lifted the call.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
  • You need the surrender cert before applying for OCI. IIRC, you can't apply for them simultaneously as of recently.
  • You don't need a Canadian passport to apply for surrender cert (only Canadian citizenship cert + LOE). But you do need a Canadian passport to apply for OCI.

What you could do to optimize: apply for Canadian passport and Indian surrender cert in parallel. Apply for OCI once both of the previous are in hand.
Thank you!

Reactions: 8494193

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I managed to find appointment on BLS website for Nov 29th. You do not need to send me your appointment anymore. Thank you so much for offering to help.
Good to hear that. What time were you able to book this appointment? In the morning? Just trying to understand what time BLS opens slots for appointment.

SPV

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
So I sent my postal application to Brampton first on Nov 1st and delivered to Brampton on Nov 2nd. I got the application back Nov 9th. Issue was following the sample form, I provided Indian passport details in Applicant Passport section instead of Canadian passport details.

Corrected that and sent it again on Nov 11th, delivered on Nov 14th. I haven't received any acknowledgement email from BLS yet. I have seen people mentioning acknowledgement email in this forum and was getting worried that my application is being sent back again. So I was trying to use the bls application tracking tool and provided my details. It says Application Date as Nov 19th and Status as Processing at Consulate General.

So I wanted to updated people here that I did not receive any acknowledgement but it does seem like my application process has started.