+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Ns@2016

May 20, 2016
I got my OCI delivered today. Overall timeline is approximately 2 months. My timeline is as given below:
Purolator pick up for OCI application: 06-Sep-22
BLS portal showing processing at Consulate general(Toronto): 14-Sep-2022
OCI portal- Date of Acknowledgement: 03-Oct-2022
OCI portal- Processed, Dispatched, Received (Toronto): 26-Oct-22
BLS portal-Counter delivery to BLS after OCI stamping (also tracking id generated): 02-Nov-22
OCI received: 04-Nov-22

Now need to book a ticket for a trip to India in coming weeks. Can anyone in this group please suggest if there is anything like arrivecan for India travel or some other application I need to enroll prior to the travel.

Goldenita

Jun 29, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my OCI delivered today. Overall timeline is approximately 2 months. My timeline is as given below:
Purolator pick up for OCI application: 06-Sep-22
BLS portal showing processing at Consulate general(Toronto): 14-Sep-2022
OCI portal- Date of Acknowledgement: 03-Oct-2022
OCI portal- Processed, Dispatched, Received (Toronto): 26-Oct-22
BLS portal-Counter delivery to BLS after OCI stamping (also tracking id generated): 02-Nov-22
OCI received: 04-Nov-22

Now need to book a ticket for a trip to India in coming weeks. Can anyone in this group please suggest if there is anything like arrivecan for India travel or some other application I need to enroll prior to the travel.
Air suvidha? Not sure if still applicable but when my husband travelled to India sometime back he had to fil air suvidha

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Posting for a friend of mine, he is waiting for his OCI which was submitted to BLS Brampton on Oct 18, looking at the timelines of others here, he should expect something next week but unfortunately so far there is no update posted on OCI website and it says No records found when tracking & they have travel plan scheduled for Nov 20 to 25.

In case if they did not received their OCI, is there any possibility of on-arrival visa in India for Canadian Citizens?

Thanks.

Hamidfm92

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Air suvidha? Not sure if still applicable but when my husband travelled to India sometime back he had to fil air suvidha
I checked the google play store, couldn't find any app by the name Air Suvidha. Is Arogya Setu an alternate option?

I'm searching for the latest COVID entry rules for India. Can someone please direct me to an official source to check for the latest information?

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys, I got my OCI delivered today which completes the immigration journey that started in May 2015. Thank you for all the helpful souls on this forum who are settled in Canada. My timelines are as follows:

Brampton BLS Postal applicant

Application Date2022-09-16

Date Of Acknowledgment 06-OCT-2022
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On27-OCT-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On28-OCT-2022
Document received At TORONTO On28-OCT-2022

clickmes

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Posting for a friend of mine, he is waiting for his OCI which was submitted to BLS Brampton on Oct 18, looking at the timelines of others here, he should expect something next week but unfortunately so far there is no update posted on OCI website and it says No records found when tracking & they have travel plan scheduled for Nov 20 to 25.

In case if they did not received their OCI, is there any possibility of on-arrival visa in India for Canadian Citizens?

Thanks.

Even you won't be able to board the plane without a visa or OCI, in my opinion. I applied for a VISA in Calgary and received it within two weeks.

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Date of ApplicationBLSBy post to BLS BramptonOn07-SEP-2022
Processing at Consulate GeneralBLSBLS Application TrackerOn14-SEP-2022
Date Of AcknowledgmentMEAOCI Status Enquiry(ociservices.gov.in)On30-SEP-2022
Documents Printing StatusMEAPROCESSEDOn25-OCT-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )MEANEW DELHIOn26-OCT-2022
Document received AtMEATORONTOOn26-OCT-2022
Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stampingBLSBLS Application TrackerOn01-NOV-2022
Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stampingBLSBLS Application TrackerOnAwaited

My timeline above. Just received update "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping".

Should receive the OCI by the end of the week or early next week.

Application sent by post to BLS Brampton. Single applicant living in Toronto. No originals were sent.
Just wanted to follow up on this. OCI delivered on Nov 3. It's finally over and I can move on with other stuff in life.

Also FYI for some people - I did not get the status "Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping". I applied by post.

I was able to check if the OCI was dispatched by using the CANT******** number on the purolator website for tracking.

Best of luck everyone! This forum was really useful.

amritlisa

Nov 4, 2022
Hi Everyone, I have a query on my kid’s OCI application. I see a status “Passport ready for collection after OCI stamping” on BLS site. But I paid for both pick up and drop courier service. Please advise. TIA.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Thanks.
NO

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Air Suvidha Self Declaration Form is still a requirement and must be filled out by all the incoming passengers into the country at least 24 hours before their flight. They must also carry a printout of their approved Air Suvidha Self Declaration Form before leaving for India

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
I have just booked my ticket for next week and have enrolled my travel with below Air Suvidha portal -
https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/apho-registration

I have received email confirmation as well as PDF document of my enrollment and will be carrying this with me.
I am fully vaccinated(2 doses, no booster), do I also need to do a RT-PCR test prior to travel?
No just need for RT-PCR. Just that pdf is fine. They accept on mobile as well but if you can get it printed and staple together with ticket.
they will check it before you get boarding pass.

Anakh

Nov 5, 2022
Hi everyone.

I received my OCI Card today Friday 4th November 2022. Via Purolator.

Applied September 15th with BLS brampton
Acknowledge Embassy Oct 3rd
Received Toronto embassy 28th October
Bls received brampton 1st November
Delivery at home 4th November
I

Can any one help ? i want to subbmit application at BLS , Brampton . Do they keep the canadian passport or they return back ? Second on my Indian cancelled Passport the last name of father not written but in application i put full name of father with last name , Will it be ok?