+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Ash_Ria_Yoh

Nov 7, 2022
same situation here. BLS surrey got my application on October 5 and the BLS website says no record was found. Each time I call them they keep saying will update the portal in 3 to 5 working days. Registered two BLS complaints one responded by saying will update in 3-5 business days and the other said we cannot find your application. I tried calling them the third time and they said we have received your application and can not say when this would be processed. The agent says they receive up to 7000 applications per day.
I applied my OCI to Surrey BLS in September 2022 I checked the tracker after a week,just giving them enough time to enter details.But to my surprise, was showing "no records found" for 3 weeks.I decided to go check at the Surrey BLS office mid October.I told the security guy that I need to talk to someone regarding this.Initially he didn't agree.but then let me in.I checked at the front desk and realized that they didn't even open my purulator package.I was so angry as now 3 weeks have passed since I applied.I have to travel on Nov 24th to India,But the tracker says "processing at the Consulate General".My advice to you will be to check at the BLS centre as I think they take their own sweet time to process the postal applications

Seemuvicky

Nov 3, 2022
Hi all,

My OCI card has been received at Embassy on Nov 4. Applied at Bls Surrey through Walk in. But update on Bls- shows Processing at consulate. I have to travel on Nov 22. Would I be able to get it on time?

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

What is the average time to get the OCI for a walk-in application at BLS-Ottawa?

Thank you

jazz kam

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
App. Filed.......
January 09,2017
AOR Received.
March 06,2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
February 13,2018
Passport Req..
April 12,2018
LANDED..........
May 03,2018
Received my OCI today. Vancouver Jurisdiction

Applied in person BLS center - September 21
Date of Acknowledgment on OCI site - October 04
Documents Printing Status - October 27
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) - November 01
Document received At Vancouver - November 01
Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping - November 07
OCI Received - November 08

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Received my OCI today. Vancouver Jurisdiction

Applied in person BLS center - September 21
Date of Acknowledgment on OCI site - October 04
Documents Printing Status - October 27
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) - November 01
Document received At Vancouver - November 01
Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping - November 07
OCI Received - November 08
This timeline is great. By any chance, did you have your last Indian passport renewed in Canada or USA?

SPV

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
Has anyone sent a postal OCI application recently to Brampton?

I did the Purolator pickup and drop off. My application was dropped off on Nov 1st morning at Brampton office. When I use the BLS tracking, it says "No records found." It has been 5 business days and I still find the no records found message. I also have not received any acknowledgement email from BLS.

If my application had any errors, wouldn't they have sent it back by now? Is there a way to know if they have sent it back. Any response for the above is appreciated.

I have a trip to India planned on Jan 14th. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get my OCI card before that I don't have to shell out another 150 bucks for an entry visa.

Sonikky

Apr 4, 2016
Is your application date the 17th of October or is the acknowledgment on OCI website the 17th Oct? Both are different.
Postal application submission was on Oct 12, delivered to BLS on Oct 13. Ack received from BLS via email on Oct 17, BLS website updated to ack on the same date.

ladjenild

Oct 5, 2022
Postal application submission was on Oct 12, delivered to BLS on Oct 13. Ack received from BLS via email on Oct 17, BLS website updated to ack on the same date.
you are still one step behind. i was asking for the acknowledgment on OCi website.

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Do we need to submit the original passport with the OCI application? Or will they verify in person and hand it back there itself?

Asking because I have a outside canada trip coming up and wouldn't want my passport to be stuck. If they will keep it then i will probably apply after coming back from my trip

vbmp

Nov 8, 2022
Has anyone sent a postal OCI application recently to Brampton?

I did the Purolator pickup and drop off. My application was dropped off on Nov 1st morning at Brampton office. When I use the BLS tracking, it says "No records found." It has been 5 business days and I still find the no records found message. I also have not received any acknowledgement email from BLS.

If my application had any errors, wouldn't they have sent it back by now? Is there a way to know if they have sent it back. Any response for the above is appreciated.

I have a trip to India planned on Jan 14th. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get my OCI card before that I don't have to shell out another 150 bucks for an entry visa.
First Pick up date: Aug. 27, 2022
Return date: Sep 6, 2022 (Due to error - Father's and Mother's name should be full name)

Second Pick up date: Sep 12, 2022

Status from OCI Enquiry:
Date Of Acknowledgment 12-OCT-2022
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO
OCI- Number A**********
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 02-NOV-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 03-NOV-2022
Document received At TORONTO On 03-NOV-2022

Status from BLS Track application:
Application Reference Number CAN*************
Application Date 2022-09-21
Applicant Name ****************
Applicant Passport Number ****************
Applicant Date of Birth ****************
Application Status (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping) Updated on Nov 04, 2022

Still waiting for the OCI card to be delivered. Plan accordingly.

Reactions: SPV

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Hey guys,

So I've applied for OCI and my postal application was delivered to BLS on Friday last week.
How soon can I start tracking it on the BLS website? Right now it seems to have no info.

Also, what's the URL of the OCI website where I can track it?

Thanks

vbmp

Nov 8, 2022

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we need to submit the original passport with the OCI application? Or will they verify in person and hand it back there itself?

Asking because I have a outside canada trip coming up and wouldn't want my passport to be stuck. If they will keep it then i will probably apply after coming back from my trip
If you are applying via walk-in, then they will just verify the originals and return them back on the spot.

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.
10 july 2013
File Transfer...
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
25 may 2013
Passport Req..
15 aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 4 March 2014
Hey guys,

So I've applied for OCI and my postal application was delivered to BLS on Friday last week.
How soon can I start tracking it on the BLS website? Right now it seems to have no info.

Also, what's the URL of the OCI website where I can track it?

Thanks
Where did u apply? Brampton or surrey