Email Received from BLS On 1-Sept-2022
BLS Send to Consulate Some time after 1 Sept
Processing at Consulate General On 6-Sept-2022
Date of Acknowledgment On 19-Sept-2022

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 12-OCT-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 12-OCT-2022
Document received At TORONTO On 12-OCT-2022
Document picked up at Consulate On 12-Oct-2022

We also visited the Consular Camp in Brampton 10 days ago and explained them our situation(that we are flying Oct 15/16). Don't think made any difference since it took 3 weeks from Date of Acknowledgement to PROCESSED.

In my case, we are flying 3 days from now and luckily today was Wednesday. The Consulate General in Toronto holds an open house every Wednesday from 3 PM onwards. So we went there and picked up the OCI ourselves. They are usually good in such cases. But if you have more time, I would advise you to wait and receive via BLS. Initially they declined our in-person pick up request, but when I explained them the situation, they helped us.
I'm in a similar situation, my acknowledgment date is the 23rd Sep and I have flights on October 24th, I haven't received OCI yet. To whom did you explain your situation, the security guard outside?

mohammkh

Mar 29, 2021
Today the status of my application on BLS got updated "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping ". I believe it is on its way to BLS from CGI now. Am I assuming it correctly?

msgham

Sep 17, 2022
Our application status on OCI status page is still
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS
But on BLS site, it shows Ready for Collection. We paid for purloator courier (78$), I have receipt as proof. They are saying they can't find payment and opened a ticket..BLS is so incompetent.
(We submitted walk-in OCI on Aug 26th, provided additional docs on sept26th(parents original marriage cert as proof for Canadian born kid).

BLS Application StatusReady for Collection
Ready for Collection

anuragshah89

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Today the status of my application on BLS got updated "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping ". I believe it is on its way to BLS from CGI now. Am I assuming it correctly?
Can you share the timeline from submitting an application to BLS, acknowledged to the processed date?

clickmes

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
I sent a postal application for a new OCI card to BLS International Calgary, and it was delivered on Monday, September 12, 2022, at 8:42 a.m. The shipment was delivered at RECEPTION, and my address falls under the Vancouver Consulate's jurisdiction.

BLS Website: Application Date : 2022-09-26,
OCI-Application Status Details
Date Of Acknowledgment 30-SEP-2022
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
OCI Application Status UNDER-PROCESS

My departure for India is scheduled for November 24. I'm not sure if I should apply for an Indian visa or wait for my OCI since the processing time for Indian visa has increased from 7 days to 30 to 45 days recently . If I apply for a visa but don't get my passport stamped, or if I don't get my OCI card in time. I'm really confused

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Slowmoving

Star Member
May 13, 2021
I sent a postal application for a new OCI card to BLS International Calgary, and it was delivered on Monday, September 12, 2022, at 8:42 a.m. The shipment was delivered at RECEPTION, and my address falls under the Vancouver Consulate's jurisdiction.

BLS Website: Application Date : 2022-09-26,
OCI-Application Status Details
Date Of Acknowledgment 30-SEP-2022
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
OCI Application Status UNDER-PROCESS

My departure for India is scheduled for November 24. I'm not sure if I should apply for an Indian visa or wait for my OCI since the processing time for Indian visa has increased from 7 days to 30 to 45 days recently . If I apply for a visa but don't get my passport stamped, or if I don't get my OCI card in time. I'm really confused

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Can't help you with the questions... but I am in exactly the same situation... same date of acknowledgement as you.. same travel date... same Mission and same dilemma about visa application...

I have an appointment booked for visa for 21st October... but I am not yet sure if I should attend it or cancel it.. do let me know what you decide to do..

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Anyone on this forum whose OCI application was rejected by BLS Brampton due to photos, where the photos were actually taken at a BLS office?

ANJALISHAHANI

Oct 20, 2018
Hi Folks!

I applied for OCI online application to Toronto which was received on 16sep. The OCI site update acknowledged on 12 Oct. I am travelling on 25 nov. I need advice should I apply for tourist visa to be safe or wait.

gopalag

Sep 8, 2021
My timeline:

Date of submission Brampton Walkin - 31st August 2022
Date Of Acknowledgment 16-SEP-2022
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 08-OCT-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 08-OCT-2022
The document received In TORONTO On 08-OCT-2022
Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping on 09-OCT-2022
Dispatched and Received by Purolator on 14th OCT-2022

Travelling to India on 20th OCT-2022

I hope it helps someone, Thanks for all your help. All the best!

Reactions: canadian.2014

gopalag

Sep 8, 2021
Hi Folks!

I applied for OCI online application to Toronto which was received on 16sep. The OCI site update acknowledged on 12 Oct. I am travelling on 25 nov. I need advice should I apply for tourist visa to be safe or wait.
It usually takes 20-22 days to complete the process from the OCI side and 7-10 days or less from the BLS side. I believe you are good; no need for Tourist Visa, as far as I can tell from my experience. @ANJALISHAHANI

Reactions: ANJALISHAHANI

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
guys when submitting OCI walk-in application in Brampton, kindly print out complete checklist including the instructions.
I only took the first page of the checklist and they said they need full checklist including instructions.

they ask you for unnecessary copies that are not even required so that you use their service for making copies and they can charge you extra.
They charge you around $2 for one copy which is ridiculous, such a rip off

Be careful of there frauds, they should be exposed for their frauds they been doing for years now.

Such a shame that despite of so many complains Indian embassy is taking no action on BLS.

Reactions: appuchu