Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Bump!

I live in Toronto. Can I submit my OCI application at BLS Ottawa if I have an appointment there? (I happen to be close by around that date)
I haven’t seen a single slot open up at BLS Toronto or Brampton over the past few weeks whenever I’ve checked. Walking in isn’t feasible at the moment :(
i dont think so. Unless your postal code is coming undr the Ottawa Office.

Reactions: michelangelo88

Iamac

Jan 15, 2017
I'd leave it on to you.
But in my case (so was for my spouse), we didnt upload/submit CoPR.

1) CURRENT PASSPORT 2) EMPLOYMENT/ WORK LETTER 3) PREVIOUS INDIAN PASSPORT OF SELF
File.
These are the files I uploaded.

But again, BLS is BLS. So precaution is always good.
Thanks for your reply, I think so too. It isn’t mentioned anywhere to upload CoPR. Sometimes I think we just overthink stuff.

rodrash007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Im confused, The COPR is not listed as a required document in the Checklist and when I submitted the forms for OCI the agent also said that COPR is not required since its not part of the checklist. The OCI filling instructions also do not mention uploading it under visa. Amy idea where this instruction is coming from?

Reactions: Iamac

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im confused, The COPR is not listed as a required document in the Checklist and when I submitted the forms for OCI the agent also said that COPR is not required since its not part of the checklist. The OCI filling instructions also do not mention uploading it under visa. Amy idea where this instruction is coming from?
it's coming from High Commission of India on a piece of printed paper available at BLS office. Also Employment letters are not required as many Indian's living here are wage earners in Canada. Just select any random option in Occupation field and proceed or use the same occupation in which you got your PR

Last edited:

Iamac

Jan 15, 2017
From this forum, this is where I read that people are uploading so I asked if I missed it. Just spoke to BLS, they said you need CoPR if parents are Indian passport holders and applying for a child’s OCI.

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
I did call bls customer care and they asked me to submit copr. You can call them and clarify all the documents before you mail. As per customer care checklist is not updated.

Reactions: Iamac

Prez2015

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
AOR Received.
12-10-2017
I remember seeing a poster pic from BLS brampton office on what documents needs to be uploaded online for OCI for minors/Adults, I remember we were asked to submit COPR in for India visa for Adult applications, you can search for that picture in this thread!! I'm not able retrieve it

Reactions: FMCAD and Iamac

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Walk In OCI application Brampton
Date Of Acknowledgment 09-SEP-2022
TORONTO
PROCESSED on 30-SEP-2022
Dispatched From NEW DELHI
MEA (OCI) On 30-SEP-2022
Document received At TORONTO On 30-SEP 2022

it took a lot of time to you.. when did u initially apply? should be 15-20days before your acknowledgement date right?

Cap309

Oct 12, 2020
Bump!

I live in Toronto. Can I submit my OCI application at BLS Ottawa if I have an appointment there? (I happen to be close by around that date)
I haven’t seen a single slot open up at BLS Toronto or Brampton over the past few weeks whenever I’ve checked. Walking in isn’t feasible at the moment :(
Do walkin at Brampton location (40), if u will reach around 7 u should be done by 9:30.

Reactions: michelangelo88
Nov 9, 2021
Thank you for the responses everyone. I’ll try to go this week if I can free up some time from work.
So no go for the Ottawa appointment. Sad.

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi guys. Did a walk-in today at BLS Brampton and surrendered my Indian Passport + applied for an entry visa.

Anyone know what current timeline trends are like?

I travel back to India on Nov 14 so just wondering if I'll get the SC and visa back in time. Planning to apply for my OCI immediately after getting SC and then fly out whilst OCI is in process.

Have a relative who will be travelling to India later in Dec/Jan so she will carry my OCI back with her.