+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

kk1957

Star Member
May 31, 2015
When did you see the acknowledgement on OCI Services website? I think applying for VISA will be futile now as even that takes 3-4 weeks. Unfortunately, India also stopped VISA on arrival for Canadian passport holders as a tit-for-tat measure.
Date of Acknowledgement is Sept 19

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Date of Acknowledgement is Sept 19
Best case scenario, you will get your OCI by 3rd week of October. You will not be able to make your current flight I am afraid. People who have their acknowledgement around 28-Aug to 1st September are getting their OCIs now. I have a renewal application for my daughter with an ack date of 1st September. Still waiting.

Slowmoving

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Best case scenario, you will get your OCI by 3rd week of October. You will not be able to make your current flight I am afraid. People who have their acknowledgement around 28-Aug to 1st September are getting their OCIs now. I have a renewal application for my daughter with an ack date of 1st September. Still waiting.
My Date of Acknowledgement is 30th Sept (Must be India time as its 29th today:) )... and I have flight tickets for 23rd Nov... based on your above response, I should be fine...

But should I be looking at visa application, just in case? Or wait till October end and then decide?

kk1957

Star Member
May 31, 2015
My Date of Acknowledgement is 30th Sept (Must be India time as its 29th today:) )... and I have flight tickets for 23rd Nov... based on your above response, I should be fine...

But should I be looking at visa application, just in case? Or wait till October end and then decide?
I think you will be okay. Most people here see an update on their file 3 weeks after Date of Ack. So you should look for Visa application if there is no movement on your file by October 22.

Slowmoving

Star Member
May 13, 2021
I think you will be okay. Most people here see an update on their file 3 weeks after Date of Ack. So you should look for Visa application if there is no movement on your file by October 22.
Thanks! Hopefully, not everyone is off for Dussehra and Diwali.. :) 22nd Oct it is then.

RAGHM7071

Sep 29, 2022
The only update I have is

Application Reference NumberCAN******
Application Date2022-08-29
Applicant Name******
Applicant Passport Number******
Applicant Date of Birth********
Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General
I have same timeline for my 3 month old. Called BLS 2 times and they have no idea what might be happening since consulate working is not shared with them.

RAGHM7071

Sep 29, 2022
Here is my timeline for OCI application for my 3 months old-

Postal Application Pickup Aug 22nd, 2022
BLS received application Aug 24th, 2022
Application Status changed on BLS tracking Aug 30th - Processing at consulate

No update since then. We are flying out in Nov end not sure if I will get the OCI by then. Super worried.

princess-kaur

Jul 30, 2013
On Saturday, October 1st, the Consulate General of India will be organizing a Consular camp in the city of Brampton. The camp is being organised to address and resolve various issues related to consulate matters like Visa, OCI, Passport, PCC, Surender Certificate, Life Certificate, Attestation, and more.
It will be organized at Terry Miller Recreation Centre, at 1295 Williams Pkwy, Brampton between 10 a.m., and 1:30 p.m.

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/alert_detail/?alertid=201

Singhsimran12

Sep 14, 2022
Finally I received my OCI card and now I can fly next week. Overall experience was kinda okay apart from BLS they have no idea what they are doing they don’t update status for you file on time and even if you call the help centre everyone will give you different information so they really need to work on the consistency. They will receive your OCI card and will keep sitting with it until or unless you go in person ask for it. I’ve got my card but online it still says “counter delivery to BLS”. So in short keep bugging them otherwise it’ll take forever.

Reactions: nc_positiveguy

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
On Saturday, October 1st, the Consulate General of India will be organizing a Consular camp in the city of Brampton. The camp is being organised to address and resolve various issues related to consulate matters like Visa, OCI, Passport, PCC, Surender Certificate, Life Certificate, Attestation, and more.
It will be organized at Terry Miller Recreation Centre, at 1295 Williams Pkwy, Brampton between 10 a.m., and 1:30 p.m.

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/alert_detail/?alertid=201
They are not going to answer queries about OCI application status there. If you read the press release completely, they are only going to accept very few type of applications there. The camp is more geared towards attestation services, passport surrender etc.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally I received my OCI card and now I can fly next week. Overall experience was kinda okay apart from BLS they have no idea what they are doing they don’t update status for you file on time and even if you call the help centre everyone will give you different information so they really need to work on the consistency. They will receive your OCI card and will keep sitting with it until or unless you go in person ask for it. I’ve got my card but online it still says “counter delivery to BLS”. So in short keep bugging them otherwise it’ll take forever.
Can you please provide your timeline.

My OCI status update says Delivered to Toronto on 23rd September but BLS states Processing at CG since 23rd no changes. Called today they say 6-10 days of processing before status changes on BLS. I decided to pickup and not use Purolator and I can surely see why there is a lot of delay either intentionally or not.

ankitdoda

Sep 28, 2022
I applied for My OCI on 1st Sep, Date of Acknowledgement for that is 20the Sep. Since on BLS website, it is mentioned the processing time for OCIs are 4-6 weeks and we are flying on 19th Oct, I decided to applied for Indian Visa on 7th Sep, Used the Purolator service for both pick-up and drop-off. I have already received my Canadian Passport with Indian Visa. I live in Edmonton and sent the documents to Surrey Location. Although I am still waiting for my son's OCI as it says it is ready for Dispatch on BLS website.

I hope this helps.

Singhsimran12

Sep 14, 2022
Can you please provide your timeline.

My OCI status update says Delivered to Toronto on 23rd September but BLS states Processing at CG since 23rd no changes. Called today they say 6-10 days of processing before status changes on BLS. I decided to pickup and not use Purolator and I can surely see why there is a lot of delay either intentionally or not.
My Timeline

Applied In BLS Brampton - WalkinAugust 19th
Acknowledgement from Consulate September 1st
Document Print, Dispatched, Received September 22nd
Counter Delivery to BLSSeptember 23rd
Received via Purolator September 29th
My online Status on BLS website still says “counter delivery to BLS”.
I guess you just walkin to BLS centre and pickup your OCI