+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
I am flying on October 5th 10pm from Toronto. My newborn oci status got changed to received document at Toronto today. When I will be able to pick up from Toronto?. How do I cancel purolator delivery?. Any experience!. I am good to fly as I already got visa for newborn. But we are coming back only end of January and no one is here to pick oci from purolator. Any recommendations please share.

ankitdoda

Sep 28, 2022
I am flying on October 5th 10pm from Toronto. My newborn oci status got changed to received document at Toronto today. When I will be able to pick up from Toronto?. How do I cancel purolator delivery?. Any experience!. I am good to fly as I already got visa for newborn. But we are coming back only end of January and no one is here to pick oci from purolator. Any recommendations please share.
You should be able to pick up during BLS's working hours. Once received, try calling the Purolator customer care, which they might say that no cancellations allowed. One of my friend got his daughter's OCI picked up by his room-mate from Purolator location while he was in India.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Timeline

Applied In BLS Brampton - WalkinAugust 19th
Acknowledgement from ConsulateSeptember 1st
Document Print, Dispatched, ReceivedSeptember 22nd
Counter Delivery to BLSSeptember 23rd
Received via PurolatorSeptember 29th
My online Status on BLS website still says “counter delivery to BLS”.
I guess you just walkin to BLS centre and pickup your OCI

Hey,

This Counter delivery to BLS status , where did you see this on BLS website or OCI ?

Our timelines almost match but my OCI was delivered to Toronto on 23rd September and coz i decided to pickup there is no status change on my app for past 7 days, just says the same with no movement.

RAGHM7071

Sep 29, 2022
My Timeline

Applied In BLS Brampton - WalkinAugust 19th
Acknowledgement from ConsulateSeptember 1st
Document Print, Dispatched, ReceivedSeptember 22nd
Counter Delivery to BLSSeptember 23rd
Received via PurolatorSeptember 29th
My online Status on BLS website still says “counter delivery to BLS”.
I guess you just walkin to BLS centre and pickup your OCI
This was so quick for you. I did a postal application on Aug 22nd and still has not gotten Acknowledgment from consulate.

Reactions: Singhsimran12

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
You should be able to pick up during BLS's working hours. Once received, try calling the Purolator customer care, which they might say that no cancellations allowed. One of my friend got his daughter's OCI picked up by his room-mate from Purolator location while he was in India.
Thank you so much

gopalag

Sep 8, 2021
Finally I received my OCI card and now I can fly next week. Overall experience was kinda okay apart from BLS they have no idea what they are doing they don’t update status for you file on time and even if you call the help centre everyone will give you different information so they really need to work on the consistency. They will receive your OCI card and will keep sitting with it until or unless you go in person ask for it. I’ve got my card but online it still says “counter delivery to BLS”. So in short keep bugging them otherwise it’ll take forever.
congrats and All the best! Happy Journey.

Singhsimran12

Sep 14, 2022
Call BLS and let them know you want to pickup by yourself and don’t send it via purolator

Singhsimran12

Sep 14, 2022
Hey,

This Counter delivery to BLS status , where did you see this on BLS website or OCI ?

Our timelines almost match but my OCI was delivered to Toronto on 23rd September and coz i decided to pickup there is no status change on my app for past 7 days, just says the same with no movement.
On BLS website

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Finally I received my OCI card and now I can fly next week. Overall experience was kinda okay apart from BLS they have no idea what they are doing they don’t update status for you file on time and even if you call the help centre everyone will give you different information so they really need to work on the consistency. They will receive your OCI card and will keep sitting with it until or unless you go in person ask for it. I’ve got my card but online it still says “counter delivery to BLS”. So in short keep bugging them otherwise it’ll take forever.
Have fun!

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
To pick up minor OCI from bls Brampton both parents needs to go or just one parent is good enough?. Thank you in advance.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To pick up minor OCI from bls Brampton both parents needs to go or just one parent is good enough?. Thank you in advance.
For minor, both Parents have to be there to pickup.

Just another inconvenience they want to ensure we endure.

I picked up Canadian passports for my minor kid but can’t pick OCI booklet unless I take spouse along. Just one of the illogical things BLS has on its rules book.

Reactions: User184

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016

I picked up Canadian passports for my minor kid but can’t pick OCI booklet unless I take spouse along. Just one of the illogical things BLS has on its rules book.
Thank you so much for the clarification

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016

Pick up time is 3pm to 4. 30 pm right. Do you know which unit # we have to go!. Thank you