+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

UrbanNomad

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi All . Anyone used their Indian passport to travel within 3 months of getting Canadian citizenship?? Mea website says the following.

A grace period of three months only is allowed from the date of acquisition of foreign citizenship, for the purpose of travel on Indian passport and hence no penalty will be levied for travel on Indian passport within three months of acquisition of foreign passport.
not a good idea - you can enter India with the Indian passport. How will you get back? Since you dont have a PR card anymore & havent got your Canadian passport as yet. Only way is for Canada consulate in India to issue you travel papers, which take ~3 months. So you wont be able to show anything at India exit immigration.

I understand from other forums, people who have tried this have got stuck badly.

kdham

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Received my OCI today, here are the timelines.

Date of SubmissionBLS Brampton - walk in (had prior appointment for OCI, in and out in 10 mins)July-16-2022
Date Of AcknowledgmentOCI Services GovJuly-27-2022
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDAug-17-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIAug-17-2022
Document received AtTORONTOAug-17-2022
Status Change on BLSCounter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stampingAug-22-2022
Purolator UpdatedPicked up by Purolator at BRAMPTON ONAug-23-2022
Status Change on BLSPassport ready For Dispatch after OCI stampingAug-23-2022
OCI Delivered by PurolatorHomeAug-24-2022

MontrealIndian

Aug 19, 2022
Hello Guys,

Should I be concerned? Its been more than 8 weeks since I applied for OCI through postal application from Montreal for my child but there are no updates.
Should I do anything to at least get a real status? I have seen many threads here where they say that in 7 weeks they got the OCI but for me its been 8 weeks but still in UNDER PROCESS. Is this normal for Ottawa Jurisdiction ?

Also, I just emailed cccanada@blsinternational.net to inform them about the delay.

Timeline:
Purolator Pickup Date: June 27th
Acknowledgement by BLS: July 2th
Acknowledgement by OCI website: July 4th
Received back Originals: August 4th (More than a month, which is pretty long but that is fine)
Status at OCI Website: UNDER-PROCESS

Date Of Acknowledgment04-JUL-2022
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

Reactions: Troy2245

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
wh

what is status on OCI site now?
Still "Under Process".

You should probably ignore my timeline as I am in Ottawa jursidiction.
It is slower compared to Brampton or Toronto.

I am optimistic.
I will probably email the high commission if I don't see any change in status by September 5th.

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Hello Guys,

Should I be concerned? Its been more than 8 weeks since I applied for OCI through postal application from Montreal for my child but there are no updates.
Should I do anything to at least get a real status? I have seen many threads here where they say that in 7 weeks they got the OCI but for me its been 8 weeks but still in UNDER PROCESS. Is this normal for Ottawa Jurisdiction ?

Also, I just emailed cccanada@blsinternational.net to inform them about the delay.

Timeline:
Purolator Pickup Date: June 27th
Acknowledgement by BLS: July 2th
Acknowledgement by OCI website: July 4th
Received back Originals: August 4th (More than a month, which is pretty long but that is fine)
Status at OCI Website: UNDER-PROCESS

Date Of Acknowledgment04-JUL-2022
I have 3 applications with one day difference with your Acknowledgement date. Ours 5th July 2022. Walk in at BLS Montreal. We are under Same Jurisdiction, which is one of the slowest and need to be Patient, we may see some updates this / next week , Stay Positive .

BLS may not be able to help on anything as the Application will be processed by the High commission but yes we can always try the possible sources. Hope we all get an update for the OCI soon. Wish you Good Luck

Here is My timeline as of now.
OCI Status-Report
OCI-Application Status Details (as on 25/08/2022 04:37 AM IST)
Applicant NameALEX
File Reference NumberCANO00XXXXXX
Date Of Acknowledgment05-JUL-2022

Reactions: MontrealIndian

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
I have 3 applications with one day difference with your Acknowledgement date. Ours 5th July 2022. Walk in at BLS Montreal. We are under Same Jurisdiction, which is one of the slowest and need to be Patient, we may see some updates this / next week , Stay Positive .

BLS may not be able to help on anything as the Application will be processed by the High commission but yes we can always try the possible sources. Hope we all get an update for the OCI soon. Wish you Good Luck

OCI Status-Report
Applicant NameALEX
Mine is 3rd august.
I am hoping I receive it by September 20th at least.
It is absolutely ridiculous that they are not processing within time.

Reactions: MontrealIndian

MontrealIndian

Aug 19, 2022

OCI Status-Report
Applicant NameALEX
Thanks Alex.

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My original document (Cancelled Indian Passport) was returned today.
OCI Aug 4
Acknowledgement Aug 22
In Process

crips

Jan 31, 2017
Received my OCI today, here are the timelines.

Date of SubmissionBLS Brampton - walk in (had prior appointment for OCI, in and out in 10 mins)July-16-2022
Date Of AcknowledgmentOCI Services GovJuly-27-2022
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDAug-17-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIAug-17-2022
Document received AtTORONTOAug-17-2022
Status Change on BLSCounter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stampingAug-22-2022
Purolator UpdatedPicked up by Purolator at BRAMPTON ONAug-23-2022
Status Change on BLSPassport ready For Dispatch after OCI stampingAug-23-2022
OCI Delivered by PurolatorHomeAug-24-2022

Thanks for sharing. Since this DoA is July 27, next DoA batch to be processed is Aug 3 (assuming DoA is issued once every week)..I think Aug 3 DoA Toronto applicants can expect an update soon !

Reactions: mumbaikar

mann.jas

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2016
Nomination.....
20-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2017
Med's Done....
J
Date of submission- August 9 (wal-in Brampton)
DOA- August 24

pratham1102

Apr 6, 2022
hopefully you would get it tomorrow.. usually takes 2 weeks. for me, it took 18 days though.. 4th Aug in person submission in Brampton. ACK on 22nd Aug
You were right, I see the following information on OCI status inquiry page:
Date Of Acknowledgment25-AUG-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO

Reactions: amriash

Prez2015

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
AOR Received.
12-10-2017
I also received acknowledgement today, applied on Aug 11 at BLS Brampton, Just one question regarding "Under Process" status , does that mean the documents submitted are verified and there won't be any further request for any documents , is that what this status imply?

Last edited:

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
I also received acknowledgement today, applied on Aug 11 at BLS Brampton, Just one question regarding "Under Process" status , does that mean the documents submitted are verified and there won't be any further request for any documents , is that what this status imply?
I don't think so. If they need any thing they can ask you.

Reactions: Prez2015

pratham1102

Apr 6, 2022
If you submitted the application in person, the chances of further documents being requested are less since the first-level verification has already happened by officers at BLS

Reactions: Prez2015