+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
got the acknowledgement on the OCI site today , Status: Under Process

Hey, thanks for the update. My OCI Status query also got updated today with acknowledgement Aug 22, 2022. BLS website still not showing Acknowledgement, my cancelled Indian passport is with them, they should return it now, but not sure where I will see the tracking for it

Aug 4 applicant Toronto

Date Of Acknowledgment22-AUG-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

Last edited:

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

Just 2 questions -

1.. I have to go back in an emergency so is possible that I apply for an Indian tourist visa along with my Indian passport renunciation.

2. Apply for Oci after I receive my surrender certificate and visa and fly to India. Meaning does purolator need my signature for delivery or any one at home can receive on my behalf.

Thanks in advance
Answer to
1.) YES
2.) Somebody else at home can sign at your behalf, but they should know you

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, and one more qq. It can be just a typed word doc. with signature , saying I do not have Canadian PP yet and have not applied it as well. Pleaes correct me here.

Ty,
Gagan
handwritten is also fine , with name and signature

Reactions: GSHARMA05

Cap309

Oct 12, 2020
My Indian Passport shows City Name & State name for place of birth information whereas Canada Passport shows City name & Country. Does any body had any issue in OCI process due to this difference? How did u resolve it for OCI. India Passport form required to add name of the state & Canada Passport required Country so I think I can not change anything.

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Indian Passport shows City Name & State name for place of birth information whereas Canada Passport shows City name & Country. Does any body had any issue in OCI process due to this difference? How did u resolve it for OCI. India Passport form required to add name of the state & Canada Passport required Country so I think I can not change anything.
Don't worry, you should be fine. "Birth-City" name is very important in all the passports worldwide, if someone has different "Birth-City" names in Indian passport vs Canadian Passport vs COPR , its a straight rejection in those cases.

In your case "birth-city name" is clearly listed on both Indian as well as on Canadian passport, they ignore the "State name-Country Name" completely. Its the City/District/ Town name" which should be clearly listed and should match on Indian Vs Canadian Vs COPR

Magneto241506

Jun 11, 2022
Bls status says” Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping)” however I used Purolator service for both pick and drop. What does the status mean. Should I collect it or will it be mailed?

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Reactions: m3us

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bls status says” Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping)” however I used Purolator service for both pick and drop. What does the status mean. Should I collect it or will it be mailed?

they will ship it to you in next 7days...track it on Purolator website everyday two to three times, it will be updated soon, On purolator website search by file no. "CANT*******"

UrbanNomad

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi all

Just 2 questions -

1.. I have to go back in an emergency so is possible that I apply for an Indian tourist visa along with my Indian passport renunciation.

2. Apply for Oci after I receive my surrender certificate and visa and fly to India. Meaning does purolator need my signature for delivery or any one at home can receive on my behalf.

Thanks in advance
1. Yes - you can apply for Indian tourist visa in the same visit as you apply for your surrender certificate

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
even if Oath is scheduled in Mid August , you will get citizenship certificate by post within 2 weeks, so it will be end of August before you could apply for passport. If you don't mind camping at passport office overnight and could spare 8 hrs , you will be able to submit urgent passport application and will manage to get passport within 2-5 days, after that you have to submit Indian passport and get surrender certificate (~ 5-10 days) and then visitor visa is the only option and will be too close to cut still manageable. if oath's not schedule before mid August, you will have to postpone the oath , there's no way you will be able to fly out by september last week
got canada passport and applied surrender india passport and entry visa together,
waiting for India entry VIsa.

please help with below questions

1. Can I travel with canada passport with india entry visa ?
2. Do i need to carry cancelled india passports or citizenship certificate

Prez2015

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
AOR Received.
12-10-2017
got canada passport and applied surrender india passport and entry visa together,
waiting for India entry VIsa.

please help with below questions

1. Can I travel with canada passport with india entry visa ?
2. Do i need to carry cancelled india passports or citizenship certificate
You can travel with entry visa passport , Indian passport is no longer required for any travel so is Citizenship certificate.

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Congrats on your OCI approval!
When did you get acknowledgement from oci website? and what's your visa office?