+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

crips

Jan 31, 2017
Hello All. Does anyone here know what Date of acknowledgement (that applied through Toronto jurisdiction) is getting their OCI now ?
Mine has been under process for the past 3 weeks with DEA. Not sure when to expect any updates.

m3us

Oct 13, 2016
Hello All. Does anyone here know what Date of acknowledgement (that applied through Toronto jurisdiction) is getting their OCI now ?
Mine has been under process for the past 3 weeks with DEA. Not sure when to expect any updates.
My date of acknowledgement is 03 Aug, so I'm on my third week of waiting as well.

It usually takes 4 weeks for Toronto jursidiction from date of acknowledgement from reading through the posts here.

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Same here.
Submitted on 28th July, got acknowledgment on OCI website on 3rd august.
Hoping by September 2nd week, I should get OCI.

Have travel plans by end of the September.

Reactions: m3us

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
I also got acknowledgement on 3rd Aug, Toronto jurisdiction

Reactions: m3us

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Has anyone ever been able to apply for OCI while they are in India on a entry visa? Is it quick to get in India vs over here?

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone ever been able to apply for OCI while they are in India on a entry visa? Is it quick to get in India vs over here?
Yes its 30-45days Process in India, with 3 x times less Fee

Last edited:

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone let me know how long it takes to receive an update on the BLS website for surrender certificate?

I sent in my application by Purolator courier and it reached the Toronto office on Thu, Aug 18. I live in Toronto.

Does BLS even bother to update the application status on the website or do they just send the surrender certificate with the cancelled Indian passport?

If they do update the application status how long does it usually take after receiving a complete application by mail?

Any information is appreciated.

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone let me know how long it takes to receive an update on the BLS website for surrender certificate?

I sent in my application by Purolator courier and it reached the Toronto office on Thu, Aug 18. I live in Toronto.

Does BLS even bother to update the application status on the website or do they just send the surrender certificate with the cancelled Indian passport?

If they do update the application status how long does it usually take after receiving a complete application by mail?

Any information is appreciated.

First they will update the BLS tracking with sent to CGI for processing- from this date its taking 15-20 days until you receive it. Purolator is little slow , they sit with the package for a day or two, then the weekend

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
First they will update the BLS tracking with sent to CGI for processing- from this date its taking 15-20 days until you receive it. Purolator is little slow , they sit with the package for a day or two, then the weekend
Okay got it thanks!

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi All . Anyone used their Indian passport to travel within 3 months of getting Canadian citizenship?? Mea website says the following.

A grace period of three months only is allowed from the date of acquisition of foreign citizenship, for the purpose of travel on Indian passport and hence no penalty will be levied for travel on Indian passport within three months of acquisition of foreign passport.

pratham1102

Apr 6, 2022
I submitted my OCI application on August 11th in person at the Brampton location and still no ack from OCI plus the BLS status is still 'Processing at Consulate General'

amriash

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Kitchener
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-12-2016
I submitted my OCI application on August 11th in person at the Brampton location and still no ack from OCI plus the BLS status is still 'Processing at Consulate General'
hopefully you would get it tomorrow.. usually takes 2 weeks. for me, it took 18 days though.. 4th Aug in person submission in Brampton. ACK on 22nd Aug

amriash

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Kitchener
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-12-2016
wh
Same here.
Submitted on 28th July, got acknowledgment on OCI website on 3rd august.
Hoping by September 2nd week, I should get OCI.

Have travel plans by end of the September.
what is status on OCI site now?