+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
On OCI application question is "Place of Issue". it does not specify Country or City comparing to Passport it says "Issuing authority"- Scarborough as well as "Issuing Country"- CAN.

not sure which of the two I need to input on OCI application. Or just leave it as "Toronto" instead ?
Place of issue should be Scarborough in Passport Details Section.

Reactions: FMCAD

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Hi All, Pardon me if this question is already asked. Can we submit both Surrender and OCI together in Brampton office. Is it allowed, please advise.
Unfortunately they have stopped processing it together.
Process Surrender Certificate first then OCI

D3xt0r

May 18, 2016
I think you should be good. If you havent already booked your travel, I recommend to go with refundable or rescheduling options for peace of mind. For my kids OCI, after one month of sending it via puralator they came up with asking COPR of both parents which is not on the checklist and some signature difference from passport. They did not consider updating the status after one month of receiving additional documents.
Hi,
Thank you so much for your response.

I received my acknowledgement after exactly a week. I booked my flight tickets already with full refund option. :)

I haven't submitted my CoPR as it was not mentioned on the checklist. Could you please let me know how long the whole thing took you?

Thank you!

aman6699

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Hello Everyone, I picked my OCI today from BLS Montreal. Here is my timeline in case some people are interested to see it. I hope your wait ends soon as well. I wish everyone all the best !!!

Applied: The first week of June at BLS montreal - walk-in
Applicant picked up oci originals from bls office montreal.2022-06-16

Date Of Acknowledgment11-JUN-2022
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn25-JUL-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn26-JUL-2022
Document received AtOTTAWAOn01-AUG-2022

BLS status changed to counter delivery to bls center - 29-july-2022
BLS status changed to ready for pickup - today 01-AUG-2022 at around 2 pm
Picked OCI from bls Montreal-Walk-in - at 4 pm

Last edited:

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys, did anyone face this issue while filling in Application Part B for OCI Sunday evening: Fields and drop downs missing in the present nationality details. Cannot enter previous nationality in the box and cannot submit successfully.

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
There is no provision to upload SC online.
However they will verify in person when you submit it.

The uploaded documents were Cancelled Indian Passport (With images of cancelled stamp, first/last page), Canadian passport, COPR (Landing paper), Employment Letter, Marriage Certificate (Optional).

Also please refer this:
Thanks. Do I have to upload COPR for Vancouver jurisdiction as well ?

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Hi All,

I am sorry for the repeated questions below.

1) Do Vancouver jurisdiction still allows applicants to apply for SC and OCI in one shot ?

2) What are the documents we need to upload online ? I have uploaded a copy of my current Canadian passport, marriage certificate and Indian passport copy as proof of origin.

3) Do I need to upload employment letter as well ? It is going to delay my application as I need to submit a request with my employer and likely won't get it soon :( .

4) Do I need to upload COPR copy ? if so, what option do I need to select from the drop-down while uploading the document ?

5) Last question - Do I need to self attest the copies before uploading or I just have to self attest the hard copies I am submitting to BLS ?.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Guys,

It would be very helpful if someone can answer my questions above. :)

Thanks in advance for your time

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Place of issue should be Scarborough in Passport Details Section.

Alright , I followed the Sample form which is available on the OCI website..they just listed this answer as Toronto, so i followed that and left it as Toronto

Reactions: Troy2245

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, did anyone face this issue while filling in Application Part B for OCI Sunday evening: Fields and drop downs missing in the present nationality details. Cannot enter previous nationality in the box and cannot submit successfully.

not sure about weekend, but Iv completed my application today without any issue.

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

It would be very helpful if someone can answer my questions above. :)

Thanks in advance for your time

1) Do Vancouver jurisdiction still allows applicants to apply for SC and OCI in one shot ?

NO , rules have changed now from High Commision of India Delhi 1) Apply SC first , receive certificate then 2) Apply OCI

2) What are the documents we need to upload online ? I have uploaded a copy of my current Canadian passport, marriage certificate and Indian passport copy as proof of origin.

For SC

You need to visit BLS website- Select your location of Mission- Apply SC under Passport section- there is a Checklist available, you need to register for a account using an email and password then complete there online form, print it, affix Photo, attach supporting docs as per checklist then visit or mail your application

For OCI -
You need to apply from OCI website- which is a separate site, same process read there checklist, complete there online form, here you will attach digital photo as well a digital signature and also upload pdf scans of your documents, you will need to Pay OCI fee in a Demand Draft- Read there checklist and How to steps carefully before you begin

3) Do I need to upload employment letter as well ? It is going to delay my application as I need to submit a request with my employer and likely won't get it soon :( .

It is Optional, I am not submitting it when I go this week ( I will be submitting my application this week hopefully, waiting for my SC to be delivered this week)

4) Do I need to upload COPR copy ? if so, what option do I need to select from the drop-down while uploading the document ?

Yes- this COPR step in missing in checklist, maybe a new rule moving forward, Clerk of BLS is advsing to upload COPR in "Indian Visa" tab when u upload documents in OCI application. COPR is not required for Surrender, its only for OCI

5) Last question - Do I need to self attest the copies before uploading or I just have to self attest the hard copies I am submitting to BLS ?.

Answer is Yes- just sign every page of your Photo-Copies of supporting documents...also main application at the end require signatures, declaration which need to be manually hand written, after printing application...go through everything once again.

They ask for Canadian Passport copy during SC application, in case you dont have Canada passport, you need to write a letter stating you havent applied yet for Canada passport or its under processing and sign n date it and print your name.

Hope I covered everything..

visit BLS website and OCI website and read through the information directly from there.

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015

NO , rules have changed now from High Commision of India Delhi 1) Apply SC first , receive certificate then 2) Apply OCI

For SC

You need to visit BLS website- Select your location of Mission- Apply SC under Passport section- there is a Checklist available, you need to register for a account using an email and password then complete there online form, print it, affix Photo, attach supporting docs as per checklist then visit or mail your application

For OCI -
You need to apply from OCI website- which is a separate site, same process read there checklist, complete there online form, here you will attach digital photo as well a digital signature and also upload pdf scans of your documents, you will need to Pay OCI fee in a Demand Draft- Read there checklist and How to steps carefully before you begin

It is Optional, I am not submitting it when I go this week ( I will be submitting my application this week hopefully, waiting for my SC to be delivered this week)

Yes- this COPR step in missing in checklist, maybe a new rule moving forward, Clerk of BLS is advsing to upload COPR in "Indian Visa" tab when u upload documents in OCI application. COPR is not required for Surrender, its only for OCI

Answer is Yes- just sign every page of your Photo-Copies of supporting documents...also main application at the end require signatures, declaration which need to be manually hand written, after printing application...go through everything once again.

They ask for Canadian Passport copy during SC application, in case you dont have Canada passport, you need to write a letter stating you havent applied yet for Canada passport or its under processing and sign n date it and print your name.

Hope I covered everything..

visit BLS website and OCI website and read through the information directly from there.
Thank you so much bro...! Much appreciated.