+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

koolbuddy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
I received surrender certificate in 3 days since status changed from transit to bls to ready for collection.

I have opted for pickup. Purolator is another small delay to be added.
pickup is best. do you get a call when the status changes to pickup or do you need to monitor the status daily?

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received surrender certificate in 3 days since status changed from transit to bls to ready for collection.

I have opted for pickup. Purolator is another small delay to be added.

I applied Surrender Certificate last week, Toronto Metro location walk in, they did not allow me any option for pickup and said for SC they don't allow pickup and asked me to pay $40 on top for courier charges, today morning status changed to dispatched via courier. But the provided Airway Bill no. does not give any tracking of Purolator website

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied Surrender Certificate last week, Toronto Metro location walk in, they did not allow me any option for pickup and said for SC they don't allow pickup and asked me to pay $40 on top for courier charges, today morning status changed to dispatched via courier. But the provided Airway Bill no. does not give any tracking of Purolator website
They can say anything to sell their courier services.

• Haha
Reactions: FMCAD and koolbuddy

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
I submitted my application on July 16th. I can see my status on BLS but not on https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury How long before they update the status on OCI website?
Hi, Did they update your status on the OCI website yet?
My application reached Brampton on 15th July, got the BLS status: Underprocess on July 20 and the BLS status changed to "processing at consulate general" from July 22. Tracking is not activated in the OCI website yet.

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Hi All,

I am sorry for the repeated questions below.

1) Do Vancouver jurisdiction still allows applicants to apply for SC and OCI in one shot ?

2) What are the documents we need to upload online ? I have uploaded a copy of my current Canadian passport, marriage certificate and Indian passport copy as proof of origin.

3) Do I need to upload employment letter as well ? It is going to delay my application as I need to submit a request with my employer and likely won't get it soon :( .

4) Do I need to upload COPR copy ? if so, what option do I need to select from the drop-down while uploading the document ?

5) Last question - Do I need to self attest the copies before uploading or I just have to self attest the hard copies I am submitting to BLS ?.

Thanks in advance.

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question RE OCI Documents Upload:

Do I need to also upload SC certificate online ? I don't see a separate tab for uploading SC certificate, or they just require a paper copy when i visit the BLS when submitting?

Purolator picked up my SC package from BLS today, i should receive it by Monday or the weekend. So I need to be ready to submit m OCI application next week.

Thank you again to all who is helping in answering these questions.

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They can say anything to sell their courier services.

What could I do, they are forcing us to buy there courier service, I could not have said NO, as they said for SC courier is the only delivery method.

I made a group of friends while waiting in line, and 3-4 was there for PCC, same thing was told to them, they ended up paying $90 in total just to get a PCC letter... actual cost for PCC is $30 - $40 I guess.

We are helpless! And if we say NO to them, our documents will not be processed as they don't care. :( No one will understand our situations, also its very expensive , they charge a alot as Processing Fee for there services, nothing to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: softwaretesting

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Question RE OCI Documents Upload:

Do I need to also upload SC certificate online ? I don't see a separate tab for uploading SC certificate, or they just require a paper copy when i visit the BLS when submitting?

Purolator picked up my SC package from BLS today, i should receive it by Monday or the weekend. So I need to be ready to submit m OCI application next week.

Thank you again to all who is helping in answering these questions.
There is no provision to upload SC online.
However they will verify in person when you submit it.

The uploaded documents were Cancelled Indian Passport (With images of cancelled stamp, first/last page), Canadian passport, COPR (Landing paper), Employment Letter, Marriage Certificate (Optional).

Also please refer this:

CanEuro

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
They charged me $25 for delivery. And when I said I want pick up service and she was like pick up is crowded if time is up then you have to come next again. Excuse to sell BLS full of BS

• Angry
Reactions: FMCAD

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They charged me $25 for delivery. And when I said I want pick up service and she was like pick up is crowded if time is up then you have to come next again. Excuse to sell BLS full of BS
What could I do, they are forcing us to buy there courier service, I could not have said NO, as they said for SC courier is the only delivery method.

I made a group of friends while waiting in line, and 3-4 was there for PCC, same thing was told to them, they ended up paying $90 in total just to get a PCC letter... actual cost for PCC is $30 - $40 I guess.

We are helpless! And if we say NO to them, our documents will not be processed as they don't care. :( No one will understand our situations, also its very expensive , they charge a alot as Processing Fee for there services, nothing to do.
We need to highlight this on FB page of CGI.

I had sought official details from BLS online, but they only want to provide these details on call, not in writing.

Please complain to CGI:

https://m.facebook.com/100069228638930/

Reactions: Troy2245 and FMCAD

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We need to highlight this on FB page of CGI.

I had sought official details from BLS online, but they only want to provide these details on call, not in writing.

Please complain to CGI:

https://m.facebook.com/100069228638930/

I am from a small family, I am scared to complaint anything to BLS or the CGI/High Commision of India because if they don't acknowledge the complaint, I am scared it could negatively impact my application with them and they may with there own discretion give me hard time issuing me OCI. Nowadays it has become very scary to complaint about anything, but atleast they should understand its hard earned money we are paying, and more than half of Application we are completing on System and providing them the printed form which has the file no. There duty is just to verify documents and Approve.

Asking fee is very high whether its for PCC, VISA, Indian Passport renewal, OCI, or SC plus to add-on walk-in special courier fee is very high as well and many of us are being forced to buy it.

Plus appointments are not available and people have to lineup from 2am.. and first 10-12 from the walkin line could be allowed in per day basis and appointments people will be given straight access over walk-ins

I also don't understand the fact why we are not allowed to have Dual Citizenship like other countries, OCI is 95% as same as dual citizen, but the overcharges and fees is a lot..if we multiply this for the people getting OCI worlwide,amount $$ will be very High.

I am a small person, and I am scared to speak anything to BLS or to CGI because of any negative impacts on my file. My whole family will suffer badly if I get angry and complaint to anyone. That's why the option I am left with is to refer a Donkey as my father and get my work done.

• Sad
Reactions: softwaretesting

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand your pain

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no provision to upload SC online.
However they will verify in person when you submit it.

The uploaded documents were Cancelled Indian Passport (With images of cancelled stamp, first/last page), Canadian passport, COPR (Landing paper), Employment Letter, Marriage Certificate (Optional).

Also please refer this:

Thank you soo much for highlighting this info and for the screenshot, this should answer my query that indeed its being asked by BLS to upload COPR in Indian Visa Tab during documents upload section.

I am now also clear that, they will see my original SC certificate when I go for submission and I will take a photo copy of SC with me.

One last thing to ask was, I was assuming the Work Letter to be optional but not mandatory , I saw it is a Youtube video from US applicant, he described Work Letter is optional but not mandatory.

Thanks

Reactions: Troy2245

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am from a small family, I am scared to complaint anything to BLS or the CGI/High Commision of India because if they don't acknowledge the complaint, I am scared it could negatively impact my application with them and they may with there own discretion give me hard time issuing me OCI. Nowadays it has become very scary to complaint about anything, but atleast they should understand its hard earned money we are paying, and more than half of Application we are completing on System and providing them the printed form which has the file no. There duty is just to verify documents and Approve.

Asking fee is very high whether its for PCC, VISA, Indian Passport renewal, OCI, or SC plus to add-on walk-in special courier fee is very high as well and many of us are being forced to buy it.

Plus appointments are not available and people have to lineup from 2am.. and first 10-12 from the walkin line could be allowed in per day basis and appointments people will be given straight access over walk-ins

I also don't understand the fact why we are not allowed to have Dual Citizenship like other countries, OCI is 95% as same as dual citizen, but the overcharges and fees is a lot..if we multiply this for the people getting OCI worlwide,amount $$ will be very High.

I am a small person, and I am scared to speak anything to BLS or to CGI because of any negative impacts on my file. My whole family will suffer badly if I get angry and complaint to anyone. That's why the option I am left with is to refer a Donkey as my father and get my work done.
I understand your worry. Although as per my understanding BLS just collects the documents & sends to CGI. I don't think they share details about complaints etc. However, on safer side I use my alternate profile for such purpose. If more people highlight this issue publically, CGI will force BLS to follow right process. It has happened to some extent in the past.