Gracious Chap

Jul 11, 2022
I was pleasantly surprised to se that status got updated today:

Date Of Acknowledgment 15-JUN-2022
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 07-JUL-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI On 07-JUL-2022
Document received At TORONTO On 07-JUL-2022

Does anyone know how long it takes for the OCI to be delivered by courier?
that was quick!!! I've applied in person at Brampton BLS on June 23, 2022 & shows Processing at Consulate General.

Gracious Chap

Jul 11, 2022
Hello All,
I recently Submitted my OCI application at Toronto BLS location. They took my Indian Passport (Cancelled, of course! ) for verification. The lady at the counter told me they will verify the passport at consulate general and send it back to your home. Did anyone else also have to send their Indian passport? I heard if you go for walk-in, they check all the original document and return them to you right away. And how long does it take to return the original documents you have submitted?
Also, I got married recently and in the application I did mention my marital status, so that lady ask me to get NOC from my spouse that I am applying for OCI (What?!!!!!) . I was Indian citizen myself, why I need to get no objection certificate from my spouse to get OCI? Did anyone had similar experience?
purpose of in person applications are for agents to verify details & return original documents back to you. not sure why they kept your passport. they returned mine as soon as they verified details. there were no originals provided to them. All copies they kept.

plzhelpme

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Any montrealite here who visited BLS recently to apply for "surrender and OCI", just have few questions...

• Applying in person with BLS Montreal is fastest or any other advice?
  • Can anyone explain what they mean by " Professional Details of the applicant " for fresh OCI, an offer letter would work if I hide my compensation info?
  • For the copies we attach with OCI fresh application, do they need to be self signed? I don't see it mentioned in the checklist
  • How much time is it taking for surrender and OCI's fresh application to process as of now?

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Any montrealite here who visited BLS recently to apply for "surrender and OCI", just have few questions...

• Applying in person with BLS Montreal is fastest or any other advice?
  • Can anyone explain what they mean by " Professional Details of the applicant " for fresh OCI, an offer letter would work if I hide my compensation info?
  • For the copies we attach with OCI fresh application, do they need to be self signed? I don't see it mentioned in the checklist
  • How much time is it taking for surrender and OCI's fresh application to process as of now?
Hi @plzhelpme

Am not from Montreal but can answer your questions based on my recent exp. at BLS Brampton

- Currently BLS is the only way
- Not necessarily offer letter but any letter that confirms your name and employer issued on a letter head would be sufficient
- Not required
- Surrender is about 7-10 calendar days now-a-days, OCI is about 5-6 weeks these are in-person timelines at BLS Brampton location

Please check signature for further info.

Last edited:

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Just applied for entry visa today at BLS brampton in morning. Now showing
Application StatusUnder Process
In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General

plzhelpme

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Hi @plzhelpme

Am not from Montreal but can answer your questions based on my recent exp. at BLS Brampton

- Currently BLS is the only way
- Not necessarily offer letter but any letter that confirms your name and employer issued on a letter head would be sufficient
- Not required
- Surrender is about 7-10 calendar days now-a-days, OCI is about 5-6 weeks these are in-person timelines at BLS Brampton location

Please check signature for further info.
I asked BLS about it, they said if you work for govt sector then it's needed, if you work privately, then it's optional. I find it weird since they don't mention it on checklist Ottawa, unclear.....

-For the copies, you mentioned self signed not required? That's what you mean? Cause they said copies must be self signed(over the phone), again here checklist is unclear cause it doesn't say anything on self signed for fresh OCI's
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ottawa-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf

-Processing times are looking good and thankfully the call centers are also easily reachable, so kudos to that.