+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

mom22jan

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
Hello,
Doesn't BLS Toronto open on Saturdays?
I was planning to go today but it says Closed..does anyone know if there is any change..

richieP

Mar 8, 2022
Hello All,
I recently Submitted my OCI application at Toronto BLS location. They took my Indian Passport (Cancelled, of course! ) for verification. The lady at the counter told me they will verify the passport at consulate general and send it back to your home. Did anyone else also have to send their Indian passport? I heard if you go for walk-in, they check all the original document and return them to you right away. And how long does it take to return the original documents you have submitted?
Also, I got married recently and in the application I did mention my marital status, so that lady ask me to get NOC from my spouse that I am applying for OCI (What?!!!!!) . I was Indian citizen myself, why I need to get no objection certificate from my spouse to get OCI? Did anyone had similar experience?

mom22jan

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
I submitted oci application for my mom yesterday. I was called by the girl in the extreme right corner (not the first 4 counters). She checked the application & asked for copy of my dad's passport & PR card. I told her that this application is not based on spouse application & it's not mentioned anywhere to attach spouse documents. She said we need to verify the form details so I argued back that why your instructions don't include that.
She said If i can ask someone to bring from home or if they can take a photo and send so I agreed and got her a photo and she was fine. She didn't ask me for NOC.
It seems like that they change rules every minute and with every applicant based on their mood.

richieP

Mar 8, 2022
I submitted oci application for my mom yesterday. I was called by the girl in the extreme right corner (not the first 4 counters). She checked the application & asked for copy of my dad's passport & PR card. I told her that this application is not based on spouse application & it's not mentioned anywhere to attach spouse documents. She said we need to verify the form details so I argued back that why your instructions don't include that.
She said If i can ask someone to bring from home or if they can take a photo and send so I agreed and got her a photo and she was fine. She didn't ask me for NOC.
It seems like that they change rules every minute and with every applicant based on their mood.
Bud did they took your mom's old Indian Passport?
They definitely need to streamline their process and provide all the info on their official website, this ad-hoc documents demands creates a lot of confusion

mom22jan

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
Bud did they took your mom's old Indian Passport?
They definitely need to streamline their process and provide all the info on their official website, this ad-hoc documents demands creates a lot of confusion
Yeah she took indian passport. She said it will be delivered back within 10-15 days and then later oci booklet will be delivered.

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Can anyone help with what is the process to apply OCI for a minor? What are the timelines currently for Toronto/Brampton office

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
For people with family members with OCI, how did you answer this question?
Have you/any member of your family applied for Overseas Citizen of India registration earlier? It asks for the Reference No. and Date When Applied. I got the reference number from back of the OCI card (specified as File No.). For Date when Applied, I put the date of acknowledgement which I found from the Status Enquiry page. Does this seem correct? Thanks in advance for your help!

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Can anyone help with what is the process to apply OCI for a minor? What are the timelines currently for Toronto/Brampton office
For OCI in person submission is about 5-6 weeks now at BLS Brampton. Please check signature for a detailed timeline.

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
For people with family members with OCI, how did you answer this question?
Have you/any member of your family applied for Overseas Citizen of India registration earlier? It asks for the Reference No. and Date When Applied. I got the reference number from back of the OCI card (specified as File No.). For Date when Applied, I put the date of acknowledgement which I found from the Status Enquiry page. Does this seem correct? Thanks in advance for your help!
@anandg12 That should be fair enough as far as the application is concerned the date applied for CGI would be the date they received and acknowledged the application on their online portal