+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Mine showing Processed now at Consulate site. My wife and kid’s status was processed yesterday so as of today all are processed now. Now waiting for BLS to dispatch.
Thanks for sharing update. My 2nd application also got updated to processed while 1st one got processed yesterday .

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys, the BLS website states this for Toronto jurisdiction OCI process: "The minimum processing time to return the original documents is 7-15 working days"
Do they still keep the originals that long regardless of us applying by mail-in vs walk in?

Last edited:

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
For mail in no originals are required, only copies. I did my OCI via post.
I just mailed both of my passports for surrender and entry visa. I guess I must send the originals in that case since they need to cancel the Indian PP and stamp Indian visa on the Canadian PP.
It is good to know only copies are sufficient for OCI process mail in.

Tihompra01

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 April 2015
AOR Received.
15 May 2015
File Transfer...
12 June 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
22-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-10-2016
I read on some posts that you can search on purolator site using application ref# CANTXXXXXXX
Is it true?
I am still seeing the old original return status and the same old air bill number. No updates on new airbill number for purolator delivery since yesterday

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Is it true?
I am still seeing the old original return status and the same old air bill number. No updates on new airbill number for purolator delivery since yesterday
Once purolator pick up packet from BLS then you can get new tracking number. Check using CANT number every day evening by 6pm. If its picked up then new tracking number will be available

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
I just mailed both of my passports for surrender and entry visa. I guess I must send the originals in that case since they need to cancel the Indian PP and stamp Indian visa on the Canadian PP.
It is good to know only copies are sufficient for OCI process mail in.
Yes, my above comment is for OCI application only. Entry Visa and Passport Surrender would definitely need original passports

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Hello fellow OCI applicants. Do I need to get worried about not seeing any status update on the OCI portal? Would now be a good time to put in a request on Sampak? Or is it a bit too soon? Any advice from this community will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
May 25th application which got processed yesterday and today were from Toronto Jurisdiction, I believe. Processing cycle might a bit different for Ottawa and Vancouver.

Reactions: canadamaple

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
So, I'm getting ready to apply for SC and 12 months Entry visa in the morning at Brampton BLS. Once they arrive, I'll go back for an OCI.
Hopefully my journey for this wont be too long, wish me luck :)

jagadishgandhi

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
I dont see anything wrong in submitting a request either through Sampark or any other means.

Try Sampark and also email BLS Ottawa office & then you may also go through following escalation matrix & refer escalation 2 and 3, https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ottawa-jurisdiction/escalation-matrix.php

Just FYI, Level 2 and 3 escalation is same for all regions.
I submitted a query using Sampark a week ago. No response so far. What's the turnaround time for the Sampark enquiries?

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
Earlier I read here that you are not allowed to apply for Surrender Cert. and OCI at the same time in Toronto but I see some people have done this from Brampton. Can someone clarify this and also tell me the process of doing this please?

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Earlier I read here that you are not allowed to apply for Surrender Cert. and OCI at the same time in Toronto but I see some people have done this from Brampton. Can someone clarify this and also tell me the process of doing this please?
@sheikhzaid Earlier I read here that you are not allowed to apply for Surrender Cert. and OCI at the same time in Toronto but I see some people have done this from Brampton.

It would be great if you can quote or find the above comment in this forum.

It has been about 6 months i.e. since Dec 2021 that this procedure has changed NO BLS Office in GTA is accepting them TOGETHER Now it is SC First then OCI. Once you receive SC then only you can apply for OCI. the entire procedure can take upto 2-3 months depending on the office you are applying from

Last edited:

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
I submitted a query using Sampark a week ago. No response so far. What's the turnaround time for the Sampark enquiries?
I would be curious to learn about this too.

Tihompra01

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 April 2015
AOR Received.
15 May 2015
File Transfer...
12 June 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
22-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-10-2016
I applied for my wife and my mother in law OCI and SC together at the same time like 2-3 years back by mail and they accept both the application together as when I called BLS Brampton they suggested us to send both in mail at the same time in the same envelope.
Nowadays when I tried to do the same for myself, they said the procedure is slightly changed and I have to apply for SC first and then only can apply for OCI in Brampton BLS