+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

hashish89

Feb 14, 2022
same here buddy.. i applied on same day.. status says Ready for Dispatch..
can i expect it to be delivered by Tuesday ? anyone any idea ?
reason i ask is to make sure i book an appointment for OCI now :)
Did you use the postal services?
If yes, you should get it today or the next day.

I didn't use the postal services. I'll go this Friday to pick it up.

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Did you use the postal services?
If yes, you should get it today or the next day.

I didn't use the postal services. I'll go this Friday to pick it up.
Wow.. this is amazing.. i got the surrender certificate hand delivered by Purolator today
It just took 5 business days for Surrender certificate

Submitted on: 4-Jun at Brampton BLS (with appointment)
Received certificate on: 13-Jun (at Windsor ON)

now i am getting ready for OCI

Anybody has any appointments I can use please ?

Reactions: i6evx5e8

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Wow.. this is amazing.. i got the surrender certificate hand delivered by Purolator today
It just took 5 business days for Surrender certificate

Submitted on: 4-May at Brampton BLS (with appointment)
Received certificate on: 13-May (at Windsor ON)

now i am getting ready for OCI

Anybody has any appointments I can use please ?
So, by May, you mean June. Right ?

canhyd3008

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
07-Oct-2014
Med's Request
13-Nov-2-14
Med's Done....
06-Dec-2014
Does anyone know approximately how long it is taking now for OCI reaching CA consulate from ND to getting delivered on hand by Purolator?
My OCI was processed and completed on 7th June. Puralotor is expected to deliver the OCI today(13th June), They were initially supposed deliver on friday on 10th but for whatever reasons known to them it was not delivered.

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Hi All,

i am trying to find an appointment for OCI in Brampton.. but it shows all booked :( i have to drive all the way from Windsor.. any suggestions if i can just walk in and apply ? please help.. i don't want to drive 3hrs and be turned down :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

and, i am not looking to do postal application.. somehow feel more comfortable applying it in person

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
My OCI Submission experience:

Booked an appointment (under passport) for June 11th. Time slot chosen 1:20 PM

Reached at 1 PM
Was let in at 1:05 PM (there is a separate line for appointments)
I had to wait for a counter top open up for 10 minutes
The lady behind the counter checked the documents in around 10 minutes
I paid $38 for the BLS service and courier
I was out by 1:30 PM

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
Hi, can anyone help me out with a simplified step by step procedure for Surrender to OCI in Brampton?
What documents would be required for OCI? I do not have any family or relatives. So, I am little worried as to what
documents would be required? Any help would be appreciated.

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi All,

i am trying to find an appointment for OCI in Brampton.. but it shows all booked :( i have to drive all the way from Windsor.. any suggestions if i can just walk in and apply ? please help.. i don't want to drive 3hrs and be turned down :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

and, i am not looking to do postal application.. somehow feel more comfortable applying it in person
@alexpolis007 I think you're forgot here that you can book an appointment under any category Visa/Passport/OCI for OCI submission. All you need is that your name should be on the list the guard has with them when you reach the door. Category doesn't matter. I myself did OCI with an appointment under Passport Category. Right now I see there are appointments literally everyday under VISA Category from 23 June 2022 starting 8:40 AM you can book any slot available but be sure to carry all originals for SC, CANADIAN PASSPORT and all for BLS Brampton.

Good Luck

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
@alexpolis007 I think you're forgot here that you can book an appointment under any category Visa/Passport/OCI for OCI submission. All you need is that your name should be on the list the guard has with them when you reach the door. Category doesn't matter. I myself did OCI with an appointment under Passport Category. Right now I see there are appointments literally everyday under VISA Category from 23 June 2022 starting 8:40 AM you can book any slot available but be sure to carry all originals for SC, CANADIAN PASSPORT and all for BLS Brampton.

Good Luck
thanks! i did that for Surrender, but the guard kinda made a a fuss saying the appointment category is wrong.. and asked me to make sure i use correct category for OCI

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Hi guys, applying for surrender certificate. The applation has a section for Foreign Passport Number. I dont have my canadian passport yet, but have Citizenship cert in hand. Can I fill in my Citizenship cert number in it?

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi, can anyone help me out with a simplified step by step procedure for Surrender to OCI in Brampton?
What documents would be required for OCI? I do not have any family or relatives. So, I am little worried as to what
documents would be required? Any help would be appreciated.
@sheikhzaid What do you mean by family or relatives ? No Dependants. Then it should be pretty straight forward. All you need is a Photo both physical and Digital Copy of signature as well. Fill up form on OCI portal https://ociservices.gov.in/ Scan copies of SC and Canadian PP and Originals. Printouts of Proof of Address like DL or Ontario Photo Health card, OCI completed application form Copies of Canadian PP, Canadian Citizenship Certificate, Indian PP, SC, Address Proof, Employment Letter, Bank Draft in Favor of CGI Toronto if applying from Ontario for CAD 345 + BLS Fee can be paid while submission.

Please go through the checklist here. https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-checklist/

Make sure to carry originals of each copy you submit.

Good Luck

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Hi guys, applying for surrender certificate. The applation has a section for Foreign Passport Number. I dont have my canadian passport yet, but have Citizenship cert in hand. Can I fill in my Citizenship cert number in it?
Leave it blank, AFAIK it isn’t a mandatory field. I applied for SC without Canadian passport and i left it blank.

Reactions: sundeep_s_