+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I am in process of filling my OCI application and there is a section on "Applicant Passport Details". My understanding is that we have to fill in the Canadian passport details. However, in the step by step instructions provided by HCI, it says to provide details as per Indian passport.

Can some one please confirm if we have to fill in Canadian or Indian passport details?

Also, in case of Canadian passport details, for place of issue, shall we just use the city name like "Gatineau" (as printed on Canadian passport) and not mention Canada along with it?
In Applicant Passport Details, you will have to enter the Canadian Passport details. Your Indian Passport is cancelled and no longer valid. I used the Stepwise process that was available here. These are for the Toronto Jurisdiction, but is valid for your question regardless of your location.

For Place of Issue, write it exactly as it is written in the passport (It's the Issuing Authority in the Canadian Passport). So if it says Gatineau then use that.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I am in process of filling my OCI application and there is a section on "Applicant Passport Details". My understanding is that we have to fill in the Canadian passport details. However, in the step by step instructions provided by HCI, it says to provide details as per Indian passport.

Can some one please confirm if we have to fill in Canadian or Indian passport details?

Also, in case of Canadian passport details, for place of issue, shall we just use the city name like "Gatineau" (as printed on Canadian passport) and not mention Canada along with it?

Just reviewed the document.

The callout refers only to the Previous Passport Number and not the whole section.

Reactions: india_user25

Pjk1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO-->WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
25 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
11 Apr 2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
11 Apr 2015
Med's Request
10 May 2015
Med's Done....
01 Jun 2015,TLU -10 JUN 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 jul 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 jul 2015
Have you seen any update today? Even my OCI application is under process since May 20th. Please update when there is a change in status.
Hi
I had two applications (Myself and my daughter’s) that showed as IN PROCESS on May 19th on the OCI Website. One of them changed to processed and doc received at Toronto on June9th.
Other one now shows processed on June 10. I hope it will show as received at Toronto sometime today itself.

Hence May 20th application should be processed in a day or two.

hope this helps. Goodluck.

Reactions: BVRM

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Hi
I had two applications (Myself and my daughter’s) that showed as IN PROCESS on May 19th on the OCI Website. One of them changed to processed and doc received at Toronto on June9th.
Other one now shows processed on June 10. I hope it will show as received at Toronto sometime today itself.

Hence May 20th application should be processed in a day or two.

hope this helps. Goodluck.
Thanks for sharing your timelines.
Acknowledgement date on OCI website was May 19th for you, right ?
My application date on BLS site is May 4th , but ack date on OCI website is May 25th.

Last edited:

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
As things gets processed at consulate, do they send email?
Or, we need to check in portal always?

Thanks
Portal always no email from consulate

Reactions: i6evx5e8

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
My application date on BLS site is May 4th , but ack date on OCI website is May 25th.
Ditto for me!

Ijjada

Dec 18, 2015
Below is the status in OCI status. How long it take to get it delivered?

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 07-JUN-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 07-JUN-2022
Document received At TORONTO On 07-JUN-2022

Reactions: Hot2Cold

Pjk1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO-->WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
25 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
11 Apr 2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
11 Apr 2015
Med's Request
10 May 2015
Med's Done....
01 Jun 2015,TLU -10 JUN 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 jul 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 jul 2015
Application submitted at BLS Toronto (walk in) on Apr 20
Oci acknowledgment date May19
Originals received back on May 24(purolator delivery)
OCI status changed to processed on Jun10
Now Waiting for BLS to send it via purolator

Reactions: Hot2Cold

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
What is the general current trend for OCI's timelines? Is it fair to say that 2 months is enough time to get your OCI?

jansh

Star Member
Feb 16, 2021
Application submitted at BLS Toronto (walk in) on Apr 20
Oci acknowledgment date May19
Originals received back on May 24(purolator delivery)
OCI status changed to processed on Jun10
Now Waiting for BLS to send it via purolator
Things are so confusing with BLS!
Why did you need to submit originals (that were sent back) when your application was walk-in? I think a few people here have mentioned that BLS doesn't keep any originals for walk-in OCI applications.

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Things are so confusing with BLS!
Why did you need to submit originals (that were sent back) when your application was walk-in? I think a few people here have mentioned that BLS doesn't keep any originals for walk-in OCI applications.
I was walk-in and they did take my originals but returned them back after few days even though I submitted copies of those same documents with submission. The entire process is ridiculous and expensive for no reason!