OCI process

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
QQ: On status.

I can see this in BLS Tracker.

Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General

I cannot see anything on OCI portal - it simply says No such record found.

When will it be available on OCI portal? Any idea?
About 3 weeks or so...

jagadishgandhi

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
That's promising. I applied for my surrender certificate on Monday at BLS-Toronto. The status on Passport Seva is "Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" now. Hopefully, the remaining steps don't take too long.
I got the Surrender Certificate delivered by Purolator today. That was very quick. It took just 8 Business Days for in-person application submission at BLS Toronto.

The BLS Staff gave me a lot of grief for extra space in my father's name in the Surrender Certificate Application. They initially asked me to come back with a new application. I managed to convince them to submit as-is. The Surrender Certificate has just my name and cancelled passport number and doesn't have any other info. Wonder why the BLS staff made so much fuss about something that's irrelevant.

Rant: I was a bit disappointed to see that "Certificate" was on a letter-size print paper. If it is such an important document as they make it out to be, they could at least print it on better-quality paper.

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
I got the Surrender Certificate delivered by Purolator today. That was very quick. It took just 8 Business Days for in-person application submission at BLS Toronto.

The BLS Staff gave me a lot of grief for extra space in my father's name in the Surrender Certificate Application. They initially asked me to come back with a new application. I managed to convince them to submit as-is. The Surrender Certificate has just my name and cancelled passport number and doesn't have any other info. Wonder why the BLS staff made so much fuss about something that's irrelevant.

Rant: I was a bit disappointed to see that "Certificate" was on a letter-size print paper. If it is such an important document as they make it out to be, they could at least print it on better-quality paper.
I am surprised (and, also happy) that BLS service quality has become better.

To all who does not like BLS: I said better, never said it's the best. Peace :)

• Haha
Reactions: jagadishgandhi

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Just curious after reading some messages in the forum, when they say Dispatched from MEA, what exactly are they "Dispatching"? OCI card? Does anyone know?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Just curious after reading some messages in the forum, when they say Dispatched from MEA, what exactly are they "Dispatching"? OCI card? Does anyone know?
I am guessing it's the approval from New Delhi. It's seems impossible that they can consistently dispatch from ND an receive in Canada on the same day. I assume all material processes happen in the respective consulate / high commission.

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

jagadishgandhi

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
8:00 am appointment is available in Toronto this Saturday. You can any category to book an appointment. They don't care as long as you have an appointment. Also consider using BLS Brampton.
Thank you so much. I just grabbed it. I will keep an eye for BLS Brampton and switch over if a slot opens before it.

Reactions: Hot2Cold

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
QQ: See this status of someone else's application

(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping) on 2022-05-31

My question is, which passport? If Indian passport, what's the use of stamping after it was cancelled?
Although already answered by @Hot2Cold, they just use the word Passport instead of OCI for some reason. In one way, it indeed is our passport to enter India, we being the Overseas Citizens of India. The card itself also does look like the Indian Passport itself.

But yes, it does not mean the actual old Indian or the new Canadian passport, and no stamping on either of those.

Reactions: Hot2Cold

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Does anybody know a way to auto-populate the OCI website so we can check the status easily? I have memorized my case number by now, but it still take a while to type it out. LOL. Any IT/web-experts who have an idea? Perhaps there is some script that I can make that will auto-fill the fields on the OCI status page?
I had the same issue. I don't know about a script, but what I did (do) was keep the BLS Tracker open. If you are using Chrome, the BLS tracker keeps the history of data entered on the tracker page. Then simply click in the field for application reference no and select and copy the ref no., tab over to the OCI services page and paste. Then repeat the process for the passport no. and you are good with both required fields.

I have whined about entering the Captcha phrase on this forum before, and I'll do it now again. I hate with a passion having to enter a Captcha phrase every time, on both BLS and the Indian Govt. sites. I wish they would do away with that altogether.
I had also been using the BLS tracker auto-fill to copy paste the Ref no. onto the OCI tracker. Passport number I had memorized after few tries.

As for captcha, I didn't mind it much, as it gave some extra time to pray for a status change before hitting Enter. ;)

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
I submitted OCI app on Monday at BLS Calgary.
The Status Enquiry tab on OCI website does not work, however Track Application on BLS website woks, it was under process until y'day and today it changed to Processing at Consulate General.

The BLS agent told me, the current processing time for OCI is 4-5 weeks atm due to passport delay.