AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Do they hold the originals for in-person submissions as well? Or is it only for mail-in applications?
@jagadishgandhi and @saketh_s_ the originals are kept just for mailed-in applications from what I understand. For walk-ins, the originals are returned immediately after verification. Although you never know, eh. They may find ingenious ways to scam us again and ask us to leave originals for verification. Good luck.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
OCI Update
28 April - Submitted OCI @ Surrey BLS via Appointment
29 April - BLS Status: underprocess
06 May - BLS Status: Processing at Consulate General
09 May - OCI Web Status: UNDER-PROCESS (Date Of Acknowledgment: 07 May)
27 May - OCI Web Status: PROCESSED
02 Jun - OCI Web Status: Dispatched From MEA (OCI )
02 Jun - OCI Web Status: Document received At Vancouver

Reactions: souvik126

crazycitizen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Experts, have some urgent clarifications on OCI process hoping that someone can help me please.
We have now received our Indian PP surrender certificates and need to apply for OCI.
Clarifications:
1)My 16 year old daughter was born in Abu Dhabi/UAE. We have her original Birth certificate. Should we just go to Indian embassy & get attestation on that? Or, first we need to get attestation from UAE embassy & then from Indian embassy?
--If UAE attestation is needed, what is the procedure in Toronto? I tried reaching (+1) 416-238-76-66 but the numbers seems to be not in place. What are my options?
2)My 2nd daughter was born in India. So should i still get attestation only from Indian embassy? what is the procedure for this?

thanks in advance

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi everyone,

My OCI was processes on May 25 (processed, delivered) at CGI Toronto. For the last couple of days (since May 31), the status on BLS has been Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping.

I have to travel to India next week, so getting a little uneasy on the last mile process here. I have signed up for Purolator delivery.

Any suggestions/recommendations on how I can speed up the process? I have tried calling BLS, but I they put me on hold and am unable to get any traction.
Appreciate any suggestions.
My status went to Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping. on May 27, and my OCI was delivered on 31 May. So no need to worry. You should get it in a couple of days.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
1)My 16 year old daughter was born in Abu Dhabi/UAE. We have her original Birth certificate. Should we just go to Indian embassy & get attestation on that? Or, first we need to get attestation from UAE embassy & then from Indian embassy?
If you have the attested English version of the UAE Birth Certificate, you should be good and don't require any additional attestation. My son was born in Dubai, and his birth certificate was accepted as is. (Note: It was attested at the time that he was born.)

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In how many days is Surrender Certificate sent to BLS (Brampton) after status changes to "Surrender Certificate is Printed"?

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
In how many days is Surrender Certificate sent to BLS (Brampton) after status changes to "Surrender Certificate is Printed"?
Mostly in a week. After printing it will be signed and then shipped to BLS. You can check my signature for same

Reactions: softwaretesting

dushyant2809

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent
Does anyone know if Purolator delivers on weekends too; or is it just weekdays?
They do work on Weekends....but I strongly believe they dont deliver BLS packages on weekends....most probably due to the cheap negotiation of price.

Its been a week since they shipped back my cancelled passport and i have still not received it. This is BLS Toronto

Also, I have seen that if package is picked up on Friday....it will only get delivered on Monday or later.

tisha511

Dec 5, 2015
Kitchener
Visa Office......
Kitchener
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Hi All,
Whats the timeline for Surrender Certificate and OCI now?. I mean how many days will it take to receive the Surrender certificate if I apply this week?
Also, Is the BLS office particular about the type of appointment booked? Can I book a Visa appointment for Surrender passport.? Will I be sent back? We are travelling soon and everything is getting delayed.. :(

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
Whats the timeline for Surrender Certificate and OCI now?. I mean how many days will it take to receive the Surrender certificate if I apply this week?
Also, Is the BLS office particular about the type of appointment booked? Can I book a Visa appointment for Surrender passport.? Will I be sent back? We are travelling soon and everything is getting delayed.. :(
They accept surrender certificate application on Visa appointment.

Reactions: tisha511

tisha511

Dec 5, 2015
Kitchener
Visa Office......
Kitchener
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
If you have the attested English version of the UAE Birth Certificate, you should be good and don't require any additional attestation. My son was born in Dubai, and his birth certificate was accepted as is. (Note: It was attested at the time that he was born.)
Thank you for this valuable information. We had the same concern

Reactions: Hot2Cold