AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
In my case I didn't get any sms from either purolator or BLS even though BLS charged extra $5 for SMS alert. I got the purolator tracking number from the BLS track application site. After the status "ready for dispatch" they will update it as "Dispatched via Courier" and Airway Bill No (tracking number) of purolator will be also there.
BLS has made a ton of money by misleading so many of us. Super frustrating. For my OCI (when it is issued), I am thinking of picking it up in person. Lets see how long it takes.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Need suggestions.
My kids and wife have to travel to India. I am expecting to receive kids Canadian passport this week sometime as I requested for a file transfer(Applied by Mail on 11th April). The original citizenship certificate is still with Canadian passport expected to receive by end of June.

1. Can i still apply for surrender certificate with photocopy of citizenship certificate ? Should i take pre-approval from consulate for this ?
2. Now i will also have to apply for Entry visa since OCI will take another 3 months. This will be submitted along with Surrender application.
Are you applying in postal or directly at BLS office?
Technically you need it but in my case they never verified originals(citizenship certificate) . If you are okay you can try applying and explain its with Passport canada if asked.

dushyant2809

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent
Are you applying in postal or directly at BLS office?
Technically you need it but in my case they never verified originals(citizenship certificate) . If you are okay you can try applying and explain its with Passport canada if asked.
Sorry, i should have mentioned.
I will be applying in person at either Brampton or Toronto office. thats the only way to get things done asap.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Wouldn’t Counter delivery mean you need to pick up?
That's what I would assume, but I have opted for (read was coerced into) courier delivery, so it's not. I remember many others reporting this status, so I am not too worried at this stage. I did call BLS and they said that they haven't received it yet and it is still at the consulate, so I am still a bit confused. I assume it has hit their mail room, but not yet updated in the processing system.

• Sad
Reactions: manu.yoganand

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016
I had forgot that I had submitted my OCI application and have some updates showing up on OCI portal :)
Below are my timelines so far:
06-May - Sent to BLS via Purolator
09-May - Delivered at BLS
12-May - Under Process
12-May - Processing at Consulate General
30-May - OCI Application status - Date Of Acknowledgment
30-May - OCI Application status - Under Process

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016
Sometimes I wonder, BLS folks surely ought to know about this forum.
If so, they can surely prepare a nice meaningful set of FAQ and put it up on their website. It will help all future applicants and reduce much of their anxiousness! They can also refine their BLS website by posting precise information and avoid contradictory ones.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
If so, they can surely prepare a nice meaningful set of FAQ and put it up on their website. It will help all future applicants and reduce much of their anxiousness! They can also refine their BLS website by posting precise information and avoid contradictory ones.
But then that would remove all ambiguity and make the whole process very quick and easy.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
If the BLS tracker does not update from 'Ready for Dispatch' to something with the tracking number, I wonder if I should just go to them tomorrow and collect my original documents. The BLS Ottawa folks are not particularly very friendly, but they may make an exception. Thoughts?
If it's not too far out of your way, it wouldn't be a bad idea. At worst, they will say no and send you back.

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Sadly, this is the opposite of what BLS is striving for. More ambiguity and more anxiety for applicants is their goal, as it gives them more opportunities to force us into "optional" services like courier, SMS, needlessly retaining originals, etc.

I applied for OCI at BLS Toronto few weeks back, and was EXTREMELY well-prepared. Learning from the experiences of others on this forum, I carried every possible original document + self attested copy for me, my wife, our children (such as marriage certificate, birth certificates, consular registration document for birth of children outside India, ancient documents / gazette notifications related to legal name change).

The BLS person at the counter was Zeenat. She spent 45-50 minutes (not an exaggeration) making me show EVERY SINGLE document. Ultimately, she found 2 "mistakes" (1) minor discrepancy in my wife's mother's name in the application package vs what was mentioned on my wife's passport (2) I had a name change 15 years back, for which I had multiple supporting documents including gazette notification - according to Zeenat, I should NOT have shown this name change in the OCI application.

Zeenat said I had to fill in fresh online OCI applications for both me and my wife, which I was prepared to do since I was carrying my laptop. But this would take me about 15 minutes to do, so she said it is better I came back another day with a fresh appointment, or join the walk-in line (another 3 hours of waiting).

At that moment, I threw in the towel, and indicated to Zeenat that she was welcome to charge me for additional services. She instantly became extremely helpful. Accepted all "missing" documents via email, personally made photocopies of anything that was needed. She retained our original canceled Indian passports, because apparently CGI Toronto needed to verify whether the passports have been canceled - according to her, surrender certificate issued by CGI themselves is not sufficient proof that our Indian passports were surrendered. (Note that couple of days back I received those original canceled passports back through Purolator, and it is obvious nobody opened the brown envelopes that Zeenat stapled in front of my eyes).

And here was the coup de grace from Zeenat, that convinced me I was in the presence of a mafia don. She asked me to submit a 5 star review on Google, mentioning her name. She asked me to show the wording of the review on my phone, and pressed submit HERSELF. I waited till applications appeared on OCI Services portal, before deleting that 5 star Google review.

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Sadly, this is the opposite of what BLS is striving for. More ambiguity and more anxiety for applicants is their goal, as it gives them more opportunities to force us into "optional" services like courier, SMS, needlessly retaining originals, etc.

I applied for OCI at BLS Toronto few weeks back, and was EXTREMELY well-prepared. Learning from the experiences of others on this forum, I carried every possible original document + self attested copy for me, my wife, our children (such as marriage certificate, birth certificates, consular registration document for birth of children outside India, ancient documents / gazette notifications related to legal name change).

The BLS person at the counter was Zeenat. She spent 45-50 minutes (not an exaggeration) making me show EVERY SINGLE document. Ultimately, she found 2 "mistakes" (1) minor discrepancy in my wife's mother's name in the application package vs what was mentioned on my wife's passport (2) I had a name change 15 years back, for which I had multiple supporting documents including gazette notification - according to Zeenat, I should NOT have shown this name change in the OCI application.

Zeenat said I had to fill in fresh online OCI applications for both me and my wife, which I was prepared to do since I was carrying my laptop. But this would take me about 15 minutes to do, so she said it is better I came back another day with a fresh appointment, or join the walk-in line (another 3 hours of waiting).

At that moment, I threw in the towel, and indicated to Zeenat that she was welcome to charge me for additional services. She instantly became extremely helpful. Accepted all "missing" documents via email, personally made photocopies of anything that was needed. She retained our original canceled Indian passports, because apparently CGI Toronto needed to verify whether the passports have been canceled - according to her, surrender certificate issued by CGI themselves is not sufficient proof that our Indian passports were surrendered. (Note that couple of days back I received those original canceled passports back through Purolator, and it is obvious nobody opened the brown envelopes that Zeenat stapled in front of my eyes).

And here was the coup de grace from Zeenat, that convinced me I was in the presence of a mafia don. She asked me to submit a 5 star review on Google, mentioning her name. She asked me to show the wording of the review on my phone, and pressed submit HERSELF. I waited till applications appeared on OCI Services portal, before deleting that 5 star Google review.
Honestly, it makes my blood boil when I see fellow Indians treating each other like this. These BLS people have a special place reserved in hell for all their karma. My family back home is all praises for how well India is doing. Little do they know that ex-citizens are given such a hard time.

Reactions: prash42

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honestly, it makes my blood boil when I see fellow Indians treating each other like this. These BLS people have a special place reserved in hell for all their karma. My family back home is all praises for how well India is doing. Little do they know that ex-citizens are given such a hard time.
We should complain on Facebook page of CGI. I noticed in past that it works.

https://m.facebook.com/100069228638930/

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018

@prash42 Well this is quite unfortunate BLS Toronto are just straight out scamsters. I had a total opposite exp at BLS Brampton For SC and OCI for which no original doc was requested. For SC there were many mistakes I went in at 9 AM the person at the counter advised me to come back to 1:30 PM to resubmit a new application only original was Indian PP to surender. Of course there was this situation that they wanted to re do my photo and charged and extra $ 15 but other than that I politely refused their mail service and they were fine with it on both occasions (SC and OCI).

For any future applicant I'd suggest do a walk-in at BLS Brampton when possible and just be mindful about all the docs you have to submit and it should be a better exp than Toronto.

Good Luck

Reactions: prash42

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
BLS International announced today that it has signed a 7-year contract to process short-term and long-term visas for Germany in North America and Mexico regions. I feel sorry for the visa applicants who aspire to go to Germany. o_O They have no clue of whats in store for them. BLS better get their act together. If these service here in Ottawa is any indication, I don't think they are going to improve.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Finally, OCI on the way...

DateStatus on BLS TrackerStatus on OCI Services PortalDays since appliedDays elapsed
2022-04-02​
under processNo such record found
60​
2022-04-05​
Processing at Consulate GeneralNo such record found
4​
57​
2022-04-27​
Processing at Consulate GeneralUNDER-PROCESS
26​
35​
2022-05-19​
Processing at Consulate GeneralPROCESSED
48​
13​
2022-05-20​
Processing at Consulate GeneralDispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 20-MAY-2022
49​
12​
2022-05-20​
Processing at Consulate GeneralDocument received At TORONTO On 20-MAY-2022
49​
12​
2022-05-27​
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)
56​
5​
2022-05-31​
(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)
60​
1​

Tracking on Purolator is now available using the CANT reference no. The status is out for delivery, so I should have the OCIs by the end of the day.

Finally, the journey is near its end. It has been quite an experience from applying for PR, planning the move here, then citizenship and the SC/OCI process after all that. This forum has been an invaluable resource to me and the members have been an excellent source of support both technically and morally.

I hope to hang around here for a little while longer offering moral and technical support as much as I can. It's the only way that I can attempt to repay the kindness of strangers.

I hope that all of you still waiting will have good news soon, and will also see the end of your own immigration journeys. I wish everyone a great future in their new home and happy travels to the motherland. God bless us all.