Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
You can apply for surrender certificate without Canadian passport. So apply for it and wait as Canadian passport and SC can be in parallel. Once both are there then go for OCI
Thanks, this is helpful to me as I’m waiting for my passport. I went to bls today but they work only until 1330 so will go again tomorrow.

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
This is an email response that I received from BLS this morning. Looks like these jerks keep adding increment of 5 days to the estimated wait time each time we inquire.

-----------------------------------------
Dear Applicant,

Greetings from BLS International.

We would like to inform you that, we haven't received the documents yet from the consulate once we received we will dispatch, however it takes 15 to 20 working days to get originals.

-----------------------------------------

BVRM

Mar 25, 2022
I remember some one mentioned that every Wednesday of the week OCI portal update application status to "In process" from "No record fond". How accurate this info is? Who got their application status updated to "in process" on Wednesday? Just to figure out is there any schedule for them process new batch of applications.

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
I remember some one mentioned that every Wednesday of the week OCI portal update application status to "In process" from "No record fond". How accurate this info is? Who got their application status updated to "in process" on Wednesday? Just to figure out is there any schedule for them process new batch of applications.
This is the first time I am hearing about it!

Reactions: Krishna1989

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I don't know how far that is true, but my update was a Wednesday.

Reactions: canadamaple

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Just checked the status on OCI Services.

I see this:
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn19-MAY-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

No dates on the Dispatched From and Received At rows. Hopefully I'll see the dates tomorrow. From looking at earlier posts in this thread, I see many of those are the same day or the next day, with a few that are about 2 days later.

My OCI timeline is:
DateStatus on BLS TrackerStatus on OCI Services PortalDays since appliedDays elapsed
2022-04-02​
under processNo such record found
48​
2022-04-05​
Processing at Consulate GeneralNo such record found
4​
45​
2022-04-27​
Processing at Consulate GeneralUNDER-PROCESS
26​
23​
2022-05-19​
Processing at Consulate GeneralPROCESSED
48​
1​
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On
Document received At TORONTO On

Looking forward to having the OCI in my possession soon.

Good luck to all those waiting.

dushyant2809

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent

I see this:

No dates on the Dispatched From and Received At rows. Hopefully I'll see the dates tomorrow. From looking at earlier posts in this thread, I see many of those are the same day or the next day, with a few that are about 2 days later.

My OCI timeline is:
DateStatus on BLS TrackerStatus on OCI Services PortalDays since appliedDays elapsed
2022-04-02​
48​
2022-04-05​
4​
45​
2022-04-27​
26​
23​
2022-05-19​
48​
1​

Congrats.

So you submitted your application to BLS on 2nd April right ?

Just trying to calculate mine since i submitted on7th May.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
I may try walking in this week. Lets see if they entertain any questions. They keep saying waiting for verification. Not sure how long this takes. I think they want us to spend even more money on their useless courier service :(
FYI, I got my documents back. TBH, the BLS Ottawa staff are kind of a helpful bunch. They've been pretty reasonable in their interactions with me. It's delays on the HCI Ottawa side that they have no control over.

jansh

Star Member
Feb 16, 2021
Can someone confirm if I can pick up my wife's Surrender certificate and passport from BLS Brampton?
Wife submitted the surrender application in-person sometime back and it's now ready for pickup but afternoon pickup time doesn't work with her schedule. If at all possible, is there a document that I need to show them? I understand she can ask them to courier it but I would rather pick it up myself.

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Can someone confirm if I can pick up my wife's Surrender certificate and passport from BLS Brampton?
Wife submitted the surrender application in-person sometime back and it's now ready for pickup but afternoon pickup time doesn't work with her schedule. If at all possible, is there a document that I need to show them? I understand she can ask them to courier it but I would rather pick it up myself.
Nops!! All adult pickups need to be done by self.

Reactions: jansh

Nkrumah

Mar 1, 2022
I don't think there is anything special about Wednesdays.

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017

I see this:

My OCI timeline is:
2022-04-02​
48​
2022-04-05​
4​
45​
2022-04-27​
26​
23​
2022-05-19​
48​
1​

awesome

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Nops!! All adult pickups need to be done by self.
Other adult can pick up with authorization letter, copy of applicant ID and copy of authorized person ID.

Reactions: jansh

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Just a wired thing saw with OCI
Spouse submitted on April 23, BLS status Processing at Consulate General, OCI Portal no record found
Self submitted on April 30, BLS status Processing at Consulate General, OCI Portal Acknowledged under process on May 18th.
Don't know why one application submitted a week before still not acknowledged on OCI portal. Any input @Hot2Cold

Last edited: