Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi Is there any one who could help me on what to do
BLS website - processing at Consulate General since 8th April
OCI website - no record found
Its for may marriage and I ve taken a 7 month work from home
So OCI is my only option
I have tried sampark , even tweeted , called BLS and I haven't got a response, tried to register for open house. No response again . Could anyone help me
Unfortunately there is nothing to do but wait as once it is with CGI, the only way to track it is through the OCI site and the record won't appear till they (I believe it is MEA) have created a record for it.

You could wait and apply for a entry visa about 2 weeks before you plan to fly out. That would give you 6 months, and you should have the OCI by then, so you could regularize your status with FRRO in India. It will definitely be an extra cost and a headache, but at least you won't have to stress about not being able to go.

Which BLS office did you apply from? I applied in Brampton and my timeline is:
BLS: Processing at CG on 5th April
OCI: Under Process 27th April

So you are about 2 weeks behind my timeline. Also, just to confirm that you are using your Canadian Passport Number and the File ref no beginning CAN on the OCI site, right?

Reactions: jj_ind

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi Is there any one who could help me on what to do
BLS website - processing at Consulate General since 8th April
OCI website - no record found
Its for may marriage and I ve taken a 7 month work from home
So OCI is my only option
I have tried sampark , even tweeted , called BLS and I haven't got a response, tried to register for open house. No response again . Could anyone help me
Another way to check is to try and upload a document to the original application. If your application is received by them, then you won't be able to upload and should see the message:
Your Application has already registered at Indian Mission. Upload/Re-upload of documents is not permissible.

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Unfortunately there is nothing to do but wait as once it is with CGI, the only way to track it is through the OCI site and the record won't appear till they (I believe it is MEA) have created a record for it.

You could wait and apply for a entry visa about 2 weeks before you plan to fly out. That would give you 6 months, and you should have the OCI by then, so you could regularize your status with FRRO in India. It will definitely be an extra cost and a headache, but at least you won't have to stress about not being able to go.

Which BLS office did you apply from? I applied in Brampton and my timeline is:
BLS: Processing at CG on 5th April
OCI: Under Process 27th April

So you are about 2 weeks behind my timeline. Also, just to confirm that you are using your Canadian Passport Number and the File ref no beginning CAN on the OCI site, right?
they are taking lot more time to start processing at CGI. I still get no records found after 4 weeks :(

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
they are taking lot more time to start processing at CGI. I still get no records found after 4 weeks :(
I am sure that all OCI applicants have varying levels of urgency in getting their OCI card. For me, if I can get back my original documents, I am fine with waiting longer. By now BLS has held on to my original documents for over a month. Is it even legal to hold people's passport for this long?

• Sad
Reactions: vvarma

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
I am sure that all OCI applicants have varying levels of urgency in getting their OCI card. For me, if I can get back my original documents, I am fine with waiting longer. By now BLS has held on to my original documents for over a month. Is it even legal to hold people's passport for this long?
What originals are they holding? You don't need to send any of the originals as long as you self attest your copies.

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
What originals are they holding? You don't need to send any of the originals as long as you self attest your copies.
Well in Ottawa, we are asked to send the original documents to BLS. I had no choice. At first I was told that I will get back my originals within 7 days. Its been 1 month (and a week) since they have held on to my originals. I feel super anxious about this.

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
I just read this on the BLS Ottawa site: The minimum processing time to return the original documents along with the OCI booklet is 6-8 weeks. :rolleyes:
Looks like I will be getting my original Canadian Passport, citizenship certificate and OCI card all at the same time.

• Angry
Reactions: Radium

nkk0127

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
23-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23-07-2013
Med's Request
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
22-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
Does anyone have an idea one MEA/ CGI/ OCI website says - printed and dispatch and reached Toronto, how many days does it take to reach BLS and how many days for BLS to ship it out?
Have you got your OCI yet?

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Can anyone give a heads up on processing times on surrender certificate and OCI card for CGI Vancouver?

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
Just had an OCI appointment at BLS Toronto . In & Out in 1 Hour with appointment . Long line for walk ins. Staff was courteous & Good

Only complaint is they demanding unnecessary documents for me

1)Spouse OCI , spouse cancellation certificate , Spouse cancelled passport & Marriage certificate.
Nowhere in checklist its mentioned CGI needs these documents

Unnessary just to photocopy they are demanding these documents

2)They kept original Indian cancelled passport for me . said i will receive it in mail in few weeks . Charged $30 courier . Asked can i pickup . Says it for emergency only

3)I asked i want to do pickup . Says its for emergency only. Have to pay 30 for courier for OCI return

Hope it helps

Will complain once my OCI is done. whatever documents they required should be in checklist
Hey Rishab

Did they keep the original Canadian passport?

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Today I start the 4th week after my status changed to UNDER-PROCESS at the PCI Services portal. No more updates after this. (BLS Brampton)
I am on Week 5 after submitting my application. Since last week, the BLS portal says 'Processing at High Commission'. I cannot travel or leave Canada because those goons have my Canadian passport :(

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Can anyone give a heads up on processing times on surrender certificate and OCI card for CGI Vancouver?
Around 2 weeks for SC and 6-8 weeks for OCI

Reactions: Radium

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
I just read this on the BLS Ottawa site: The minimum processing time to return the original documents along with the OCI booklet is 6-8 weeks. :rolleyes:
Looks like I will be getting my original Canadian Passport, citizenship certificate and OCI card all at the same time.
Did you do a walk-in application? I was told by the BLS Ottawa staff that they definitely give back the originals between 2-4 business days.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
It seems that Vancouver Jurisdiction has quietly removed the requirement for having an appointment for OCIs! They have updated their pop-up message. :)
Also I noticed couple of posts here that appointments are charged $15 by BLS - is that true and something new??
I posted here about a $15 appointment which the guy on the phone offered me. I declined to take it. Yesterday their calendar was open so got an appointment for June 4. I'm a Doubting Thomas, so I am skeptical about the ease with which I got an appointment. I am sure there is a fine print somewhere :)