+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

bhushh009

Mar 13, 2016
I did not understand your question actually. What is the difference between Original Copy and Scanned Copy?

Anyhow, I submitted self-attested copies of both of them, but was not asked to show any of the originals.
Thats answered it....Thank You.

In the checklist, BLS mentioned Submitting original along with self-attested copy that's why the question.

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
for oci application by post only copies of canadian passport, surrender certificate, cancelled indian passport are sufficient. I mean we dont need to send originals right?

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
for oci application by post only copies of canadian passport, surrender certificate, cancelled indian passport are sufficient. I mean we dont need to send originals right?
Depends upon where you are applying from. What I hear is BLS has been very inconsistent with regard to requirements. Vancouver, Brampton and Toronto is not asking for originals, but Ottawa is asking for it. Call up BLS n check.

Last edited:

snm0415

Jan 18, 2022
OCI status -No records found.
BLS status - processing at consulate general since 8th April.
Really frustrating especially when we see surrey and other offices
where did you submit your OCI application? I submitted mine in Brampton on 3oth March. status on BLS : processing at the embassy but no record found on OCI website. I don't if there's an issue with my application :(

Canpy

Sep 26, 2021
Final update:
I received my OCI today. Total time from Submission to Receipt @ Vancouver = 37 days
With this my immigration journey finally ends here. And am I glad! :)

Full timeline below:
21 March- Submitted OCI @ Surrey BLS via Appointment
21 March - BLS Status: underprocess
25 March - BLS Status: Processing at Consulate General
25 March - OCI Web Status: UNDER-PROCESS (Date Of Acknowledgment: 26 March)
19 April - OCI Web Status: Documents Printing Status - PROCESSED
21 April - OCI Web Status: Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) - NEW DELHI
21 April - OCI Web Status: Document received At - VANCOUVER
22 April - BLS Status: Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping
26 April - BLS Status: Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping
26 April - BLS Status: Dispatched via Courier
27 April - OCI Received :)
Thanks for sharing this update. Quick question for you - Looks like you were able to apply for OCI before you got your Surrender Certificate (just using the reference number). Is my understanding correct? Is there a minimum interval between applying for SC before they accept OCI application? What there anything else you needed (in form of explanation, or any other doc to explain lack of SC certificate copy with your OCI application) to make it happen?

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
Depends upon where you are applying from. What I here is BLS has been very inconsistent with regard to requirements. Vancouver, Brampton and Toronto is not asking for originals, but Ottawa is asking for it. Call up BLS n check.
thanks yes I fall under Toronto jurisdiction. I will call up and check as well. thank you

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Thanks for sharing this update. Quick question for you - Looks like you were able to apply for OCI before you got your Surrender Certificate (just using the reference number). Is my understanding correct? Is there a minimum interval between applying for SC before they accept OCI application? What there anything else you needed (in form of explanation, or any other doc to explain lack of SC certificate copy with your OCI application) to make it happen?
Earlier it was possible. But beginning of this month, Vancouver jurisdiction has stopped accepting SC + OCI together. It now needs to be sequential - so now you can only apply OCI once you have a SC :(

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
Earlier it was possible. But beginning of this month, Vancouver jurisdiction has stopped accepting SC + OCI together. It now needs to be sequential - so now you can only apply OCI once you have a SC :(
what about Toronto jurisdiction?

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016
I am preparing my package. I am planning to include original cancelled Indian passport. Rest all (including Surrender Certificate) I am planning to to send self-attested copies only.
I will request other forum members to suggest what originals you sent for adult fresh OCI (adult) for Toronto location.

Last edited:

Tihompra01

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 April 2015
AOR Received.
15 May 2015
File Transfer...
12 June 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
22-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-10-2016
Hello guys I am applying for my OCI on May 7. In the checklist it says under (g) Professional details of the applicant. What exactly we supposed to submit in here. Any idea ? Any particular format of letter or any certificates

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hello guys I am applying for my OCI on May 7. In the checklist it says under (g) Professional details of the applicant. What exactly we supposed to submit in here. Any idea ? Any particular format of letter or any certificates
I submitted an employment confirmation letter issued by my employer.

Krishna1989

May 20, 2021
where did you submit your OCI application? I submitted mine in Brampton on 3oth March. status on BLS : processing at the embassy but no record found on OCI website. I don't if there's an issue with my application :(
I'm worried too as I plan to go back and work in India for 5 months . But let's hope we get acknowledgment soon . I submitted in Toronto

Reactions: snm0415

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
I am preparing my package. I am planning to include original cancelled Indian passport. Rest all (including Surrender Certificate) I am planning to to send self-attested copies only.
I will request other forum members to suggest what originals you sent for adult fresh OCI (adult) for Toronto location.
I called BLS like 4 times and each time they confirmed no need of originals for postal applications.

Tihompra01

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 April 2015
AOR Received.
15 May 2015
File Transfer...
12 June 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
22-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-10-2016
I called BLS like 4 times and each time they confirmed no need of originals for postal applications.
That’s so ridiculously wrong, on the website checklist they are mentioning both originals and copy and originals will be returned in 10-12 days

I know for walk in applications they just see and return originals on the spot but postal ones do require originals atleast in the past when I sent my other2 family members OCI applications I remember I sent originals in postal application.