+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hey Guys for OCI application is it mandatory to submit original passport? I’m applying for my kids and sending documents through post. Checklist says original and copy. Please advise. Thanks
one of my friend sent copies only and that was accepted.

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
HI guys,

My Surrender certificate application tracker shows " Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate "
what does that mean, and when i can expect to receive it.

Last edited:

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
My surrender application status changed to "Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate." Does this mean the certificate has been printed and going through the final QC?
Hi , How long did it took you to receive the Surrender certificate after you see status change to Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.

Nkrumah

Mar 1, 2022
I always advocate giving more rather than less. If you are mailing in your application, send the extra sheets. If they don't need them, they will remove them and discard.

(The same applies for all other documents as well. e.g. I had included my COPR, which was returned. Better to include extra docs, than have the whole application returned due to missing docs)
I agree - "more rather than less" - should be the motto when dealing with BLS.

Don't give them any excuse to hold up the application.

Nkrumah

Mar 1, 2022
Submitted OCI application today at Brampton.
Counter person said current oci time frame 3 months!
The volume of applications must have gone up exponentially now that most lockdowns are over and summer travel season is coming up. Not just in Canada, but globally. MEA must be busy too.

ars999

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Has anyone recently got OCI(Adult) from Toronto provide their timeline to get an idea on processing time..

goofy123

Aug 14, 2021
Hello,
I have just started looking into the process of applying OCJ for my newborn kid. I need to apply in Brampton. Few Qs:
1) Does the baby's thumb impression with stamp pad need to be scanned as signature in the online application or only impressed after the online application is printed?
2) For in person visit in Brampton, can I go alone or do the baby and/or my wife need to come with me?
3) There are no appts in Brampton/Toronto till end of May. Can we walk in between 8:30 AM and 1:30 PM and is the office open for full days on weekends too...?

Please help me...! Thanks.

bluecrabs

Sep 10, 2013
Hello,
I have just started looking into the process of applying OCJ for my newborn kid. I need to apply in Brampton. Few Qs:
1) Does the baby's thumb impression with stamp pad need to be scanned as signature in the online application or only impressed after the online application is printed?
2) For in person visit in Brampton, can I go alone or do the baby and/or my wife need to come with me?
3) There are no appts in Brampton/Toronto till end of May. Can we walk in between 8:30 AM and 1:30 PM and is the office open for full days on weekends too...?

Please help me...! Thanks.
1. Needs to be scanned
2. Can go alone
3. No idea about Brampton

souvik126

Apr 23, 2022
My wife need to visit India in June. Can I get an entry visa for her and then apply for OCI. Considering the OCI timeline I do not think she will get OCI by June so at least she will have her Entry visa to travel. Will there be any issue if her OCI is being processed and she is travelling to India ?
Also how long can she stay in India with Entry visa in single visit - 30 days or 180 days ?

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
My wife need to visit India in June. Can I get an entry visa for her and then apply for OCI.
yES
Considering the OCI timeline I do not think she will get OCI by June so at least she will have her Entry visa to travel. Will there be any issue if her OCI is being processed and she is travelling to India ?
no

Also how long can she stay in India with Entry visa in single visit - 30 days or 180 days ?
6 months

Reactions: souvik126

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
My status has been stuck on : "Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance." for more than 10 days now.
Is there anything I can do to expedite the process and have them mail my surrender certificate faster?

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Dear New Members,
I understand you all need information regarding OCI and SC, please go through the OCI thread at least recent 10 pages instead of asking the same question again and again. I am sure others are willing to help but sometimes kinda annoying to repeat the same. Also there are people browsing this thread for information but all they see is same question again.
My thoughts.....

india_user25

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Hello, I am filling the online form for surrender application. It asks to input the Spouse - First and Last name. Now, my spouse's name - "first and last name" both are specified in given name field in Indian Passport & last name field is empty.

Shall I use the same format as per Indian Passport for my spouse name? Eventually, we want to update the spouse's passport to split the first and last name. But for my application, I am wondering if I should split the spouse's name now or just continue using the name as per Indian Passport?

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
BLS has put my phone call on hold - Sooooooo annoying :rolleyes:

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Finally managed to speak to somebody. The person was courteous and polite - told me that Ottawa is short staffed and that it will take 3 - 4 weeks for them to send back my original documents :(. This is very unsettling.

• Wow
Reactions: vvarma