Nov 16, 2014
Regarding SC application @ BLS Surrey: Submission Date: 12th April

CGI Status:
12th April: Under Process
18th April: Surrender certificate has been printed

BLS Status:
12th April: In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General
19th April: In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre

Question: I heard some mentions of having to ping Sampark center at some stage. Looking at these timelines, do you think everything is on pace, or do I need to intervene now, or after a certain wait? When and how? Thanks.
You're good. I was stuck in Surrender certificate has been printed status at OCI, but BLS was still showing processing at CGI. Contacting Sampark (probably) triggered the SC being sent to BLS and onwards to me. But since your SC is already on its way to you, Sampark won't do anything extra.

Reactions: nskatcv

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Can someone please help me quick here. BLS call centre guys give me different answers.

For the OCI application. When I print the online application form, do I need to print all the 7 pages and send ? or just the first 4 pages that are the app data (last 3 are instruction sheets).

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Can someone please help me quick here. BLS call centre guys give me different answers.

For the OCI application. When I print the online application form, do I need to print all the 7 pages and send ? or just the first 4 pages that are the app data (last 3 are instruction sheets).
Instructions pages are not needed. I printed them all but they returned the instruction pages .

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014

I just printed first '4' pages and also included Checklist but the checklist was returned to me.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Instructions pages are not needed. I printed them all but they returned the instruction pages .
Thanks. BLS folks some said, yes print them and leep it. Some said not required.
And,
What do you mean they returned ? Did you walk In ?
Also, just to confirm, I am talking about the OCI App's instruction page... and not the checklist instruction page :)

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Thanks. BLS folks some said, yes print them and leep it. Some said not required.
And,
Also, just to confirm, I am talking about the OCI App's instruction page... and not the checklist instruction page :)
For walk-ins, they return the instruction sheets. I can confirm the same thing happened to me as well.

I always advocate giving more rather than less. If you are mailing in your application, send the extra sheets. If they don't need them, they will remove them and discard.

(The same applies for all other documents as well. e.g. I had included my COPR, which was returned. Better to include extra docs, than have the whole application returned due to missing docs)

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
And just to confirm - I had included both the OCI Application instruction pages (5-7) as well as the checklist document duly filled, and both of these were returned at the counter.

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
And,
Yes I walked in and they returned instructions and checklist at the counter. They did not even bother see any originals :)

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
OCI Submitted In-person @ Surrey : 28 March 2022
Status updated on BLS website: 29 March
After few days, BLS has been showing processing at consulate general

Checking on OCI status website -
Date Of Acknowledgment: 02 April
Under Process till yesterday
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn22-APR-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn

Reactions: dineshrehab

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
OCI Submitted In-person @ Surrey : 28 March 2022
Status updated on BLS website: 29 March
After few days, BLS has been showing processing at consulate general

Checking on OCI status website -
Date Of Acknowledgment: 02 April
Under Process till yesterday
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn22-APR-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn
Nice, your seems to be super fast. Hopefully we both get it at the same time :)

Reactions: prt22

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Also it depends on In-person submission Vs Mail-in. Mail-ins are always delayed. Mine showed up in 5 days (In-person).
My application was mailed in. It was delivered last Wednesday. No news / update from BLS yet. I suspect, I will hear something by next week. All original documents are with BLS. Hopefully they will return the soon and send the application form to New Delhi. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: vvarma