+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Guys,

Help needed. I am filling out OCI form for my wife. Her last name changed after marriage. There's a check box in the form asking if she has ever changed her name. Is surname change after marriage considered name change?
anyone???

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
I am trying to submit postal application to BLS but could not pay for delivery and drop off. whats the solution?

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
I am trying to submit postal application to BLS but could not pay for delivery and drop off. whats the solution?
Did you call them and then they sent you a link on your email id for payment? or are you trying to do it independently?

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Guys,

Help needed. I am filling out OCI form for my wife. Her last name changed after marriage. There's a check box in the form asking if she has ever changed her name. Is surname change after marriage considered name change?
My wife also changed her surname after marriage, and there was an endorsement on the Indian Passport regarding the same. I am sure many people go through this process. Nevertheless, I haven't ever in any forms anywhere considered this a 'change of name' and consequently I also did not check that option on the OCI form 'assuming' that it is only for a 'Given Name' change. However, I haven't yet submitted my application.

Reactions: AKT

AMC1985

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Hi All,

Quick help needed. I am applying for my minor daughter's OCI Card. My wife and I are PR. I will be sending in the physical documents through Purolator. Do I need to send the Original Passport and Birth Certificate of my daughter or Photocopies will do?
Thanks.

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
My wife also changed her surname after marriage, and there was an endorsement on the Indian Passport regarding the same. I am sure many people go through this process. Nevertheless, I haven't ever in any forms anywhere considered this a 'change of name' and consequently I also did not check that option on the OCI form 'assuming' that it is only for a 'Given Name' change. However, I haven't yet submitted my application.
Thanks. That's what my understanding was but I have checked the box anyways and provided her maiden name in the form. Submitted the application today at Brampton.

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hi Everyone,
Just trying to understand the overall process of Surrendering passport, Applying entry visa and OCI.
So, Based on my understanding,
1) We can take one appointment for passport surrender+Entry Visa and i can submit OCI only once i receive surrender certificate right?
2) All fees can be paid by debit/credit right? No need to carry demand draft right as i am not choosing courier service.
3) Walkin are allowed right? Because all slots are full to book an appointment with BLS.
I am still waiting for my canadian passport but trying to understand next steps.

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Hi Everyone,
Just trying to understand the overall process of Surrendering passport, Applying entry visa and OCI.
1) We can take one appointment for passport surrender+Entry Visa and i can submit OCI only once i receive surrender certificate right?
2) All fees can be paid by debit/credit right? No need to carry demand draft right as i am not choosing courier service.
3) Walkin are allowed right? Because all slots are full to book an appointment with BLS.
I am still waiting for my canadian passport but trying to understand next steps.
1. Yes
2. only OCI you need bank draft even with in person application
3. Not sure people on this group had confirmed that it’s allowed at some centres.

Reactions: KumarJayx
Mar 16, 2022
Hi Everyone,

In filling OCI application through online, "the place of birth" is showing differently in both Canadian passport and Indian passport for example,
In Indian passport: Vellore, Tamilnadu &
In Canadian passport: Vellore IND

Which passport info we need to follow in filling up the OCI application. When I looked at the sample form, it is instructed to look at the Canadian passport. Can you pls anyone suggest on it if you face any similarly issue?

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hi Everyone,
1) Yes
2) Depends on your Jurisdiction. For Vancouver, everything can be paid by either Cash or Debit. They do not accept DD for In-person. For East coast, you will need DD.
3) Yes - for SC + Visa, However, for OCI under Vancouver is strictly with appointments. Not sure about East coast, but I suspect its the same.

Reactions: KumarJayx

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hi Everyone,

In filling OCI application through online, "the place of birth" is showing differently in both Canadian passport and Indian passport for example,
In Indian passport: Vellore, Tamilnadu &
In Canadian passport: Vellore IND

Which passport info we need to follow in filling up the OCI application. When I looked at the sample form, it is instructed to look at the Canadian passport. Can you pls anyone suggest on it if you face any similarly issue?
For OCI - please strictly follow your Canadian passport. All go through this exact same issue. Because Canadian passport never includes the state info.