+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
QQ: Can we apply for 'renunciation of citizenship (surrender certificate)' and 'oci' at the same time?

PS: Let's assume that the applicant has Canadian passport ready.

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
QQ: Can we apply for 'renunciation of citizenship (surrender certificate)' and 'oci' at the same time?

PS: Let's assume that the applicant has Canadian passport ready.
not possible rules changed first get surrender certificate and after receiving surrender certificate apply for oci

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
So here we go, the Purolator says they "Attempted delivery" - receiver unavailable. But I was home WHOLE DAY.....they never called me. And suddenly I saw a stcky in the lobby of my building, saying that I have pick up from somewhere...why the F we pay so much of $$ to BLS and Purolator sh*t we have to have so much trouble. Its much better to pick up directly from BLS.//.

They really bunch of losers that run BLS. I am really pissed right now. Sorry for venting out here.
In cricket terminology, it sounds like Purolator came and attempted delivery, but as the batsman (you) were in the pavilion and not standing in front of the wickets (your door) they left the note to the wicket-keeper (your mailbox).

So, the takeaway for all of us is that if we want to receive deliveries from Purolator, we need to be in front of our doors all the time. :)
This becomes tricky also because they have the luxury to chose when to bowl.

• Haha
Reactions: vvarma

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
The bottom line is that if we would have experienced it in India, probably lesser people would have complained because people are used-to dealing with corrupt institutions like BLS in India. But the problem is that now we are used to Canadian culture and its painful to see nobody is able to prevent them from doing such mal-practices in Canada.
I had to renew my Indian passport while I was back in India in 2020. And the process is so simplified. Tatkal passport was so easy to get. Getting services in India is improving day by day so this BLS level service is disgusting even compared to the current Indian standards :(

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Reactions: prt22

vtvrajan

Dec 20, 2009
My application for SC was received at BLS Ottawa on March 23rd and since then there was no update on their website no matter how many times I call them and request them through escalation. I can check from Passportseva website that "Surrender Certificate has been printed". Can anyone sugges what should I expect next ?
can u pls guide me how to check in passport seva because when i try using the application reference number of bls it says no record
Thanks

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
can u pls guide me how to check in passport seva because when i try using the application reference number of bls it says no record
Thanks
You don't have to enter any #
Just login to PP portal and wait for few seconds, you will see your submitted SC app. Click TRACK.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Hello Everyone,

I am finally done with all the immigration related activities. I finally got to the Purolator pick up location and got my OCI. I would like to thank everyone in this forum who have helped me a lot with lesson learned and tips & tricks. I will continue to support this forum with my learnings.

Again thanks to everyone on this forum.

ironsheikthelegend

Star Member
Dec 21, 2021
Thank you @vvarma and @Hot2Cold. I have included a photocopy to be safe, but I have not uploaded the COPR. Given how moody some of these officers are, I am concerned about them flipping if they see COPR uploaded under Indian visa :rolleyes:. But it looks like it does not matter either way.
Thats where I uploaded mine. At BLS Toronto, they were asking people to upload their COPR in the Indian Visa category. They are interested in determining your PR category (CEC, Provinincial nominee etc). Your COPR has that detail.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No response on Sampark query yet, its already been 6 weeks since the application was received at CGI. Status stuck in - Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.Close

On another note I have signed the petition to remove BLS, more than 5k people have signed already. How they can win any award on this planet is beyond me.