+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
QQ - BLS appointments are perpetually full. How are you even managing to book an appointment?
Or, am I checking in wrong place?

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Hey guys, I applied for OCI via Purolator Post (BLS Brampton) on March 17th. I am still unable to check the status on the OCI website. I will be completing 4 weeks soon (since the application was picked up). Is this normal?

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For surrender certificate i had sent to BLS Brampton by purolator on March 8. Online tracking shows my application date as March 17.
The status has been "Processing at Consulate General" for few weeks. Is this expected timeline for surrender certificate.
This is normal. BLS Brampton is taking 7 weeks for end-to-end processing for SC these days

Reactions: rusticdud

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
You never know. There is something called BLS that comes in between us and our CGI.
Ok. Yet another extraordinary achievement from BLS. Just tried checking my (and wife's) status on Track you Application, using the ARN.

It is showing someone else's name and that too from BLS Brampton (mine was Surrey) and who applied on some other date in March. :rolleyes:

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
I have no idea how BLS is still having contract.
I wish I have worked there - not to have accountability is awesome.

Sorry for ranting.

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Ok. Yet another extraordinary achievement from BLS. Just tried checking my (and wife's) status on Track you Application, using the ARN.

It is showing someone else's name and that too from BLS Brampton (mine was Surrey) and who applied on some other date in March. :rolleyes:
He he sometimes I was some one else. Try after few minutes and check all the details like DOB

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
He he sometimes I was some one else. Try after few minutes and check all the details like DOB
You are right. Apparently, using or not-using the hyphen in the ARN makes all the difference. It is showing properly now.

Had submitted the application for SC today morning, now it says

Under Process
In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General

The credit for missing e in Consulate goes to BLS, not me. :)

Last edited:

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hey guys, I applied for OCI via Purolator Post (BLS Brampton) on March 17th. I am still unable to check the status on the OCI website. I will be completing 4 weeks soon (since the application was picked up). Is this normal?
Am in same boat. Mine was picked up on 18th and delivered on 19th. Status updated on BLS website on 25th.
Currently showing processing at consulate general.

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
What does your BLS tracker say on the status of your application?

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Guys,

Does anyone have experience writing a Change.org petition? It's high time we expose the atrocious, corrupt, and incompetent practices of BLS. Every second post on this forum is a complaint about how poorly BLS handled their application. We pay our hard-earned money for their services and get treated so poorly in return. Most of us let it slide once our application is submitted successfully, but in reality, you will need to come back sooner or later for something else. There are enough complaints on this forum, and I am yet to meet a person who has had a completely positive experience with them. Even if you had a good experience they would have charged you a premium for their return courier service. The government must have set a price limit for their services, but they clearly seem to have circumvented it by using private courier service and forcing it upon us even though it is supposed to be optional. It's a high team we all speak up against this useless company.

monarchV

May 30, 2018
My application for SC was received at BLS Ottawa on March 23rd and since then there was no update on their website no matter how many times I call them and request them through escalation. I can check from Passportseva website that "Surrender Certificate has been printed". Can anyone sugges what should I expect next ?

Last edited:

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Guys,

Does anyone have experience writing a Change.org petition? It's high time we expose the atrocious, corrupt, and incompetent practices of BLS. Every second post on this forum is a complaint about how poorly BLS handled their application. We pay our hard-earned money for their services and get treated so poorly in return. Most of us let it slide once our application is submitted successfully, but in reality, you will need to come back sooner or later for something else. There are enough complaints on this forum, and I am yet to meet a person who has had a completely positive experience with them. Even if you had a good experience they would have charged you a premium for their return courier service. The government must have set a price limit for their services, but they clearly seem to have circumvented it by using private courier service and forcing it upon us even though it is supposed to be optional. It's a high team we all speak up against this useless company.
There is already an active one going on "https://chng.it/XKBGbcVBdK"

Reactions: Nkrumah