+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Jay416905

Apr 11, 2022
Hello Everyone, My time for OCI- Sent package on Feb 24th, BLS updated- March 2nd, OCI website Date of Acknowledgement- 14 March - Currently being processed at Consular General.

When do you think I should receive my OCI document? I am looking to fly to India this month end.

rpishere

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-22-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-18-2014 (with RPRF and PCC)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-13-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2015 (Received 03-09-2015)
LANDED..........
Sep '2015
Hello Everyone, My time for OCI- Sent package on Feb 24th, BLS updated- March 2nd, OCI website Date of Acknowledgement- 14 March - Currently being processed at Consular General.

When do you think I should receive my OCI document? I am looking to fly to India this month end.
Hi, my kid's date of acknowledgment is March 9th. The OCI document is received in Toronto today (Apr 11) and I'm expecting to receive it in the next 2-3 days. You should be fine and expect to get it sometime next week.

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
Is it possible to do both Surrender and OCI at the same time
Or does the Surrender have to be done first. As per the contact center, Surrender has to be done first (Brampton/Toronto). Well mine is already in process, for the surrender, did a postal application for 4 family members, and the courier fees are exorbitant. But the good news, it is one pick up cost.

but if anyone has done both Surrender/OCI together , that would be nice to for others to know.

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
Yes one person from family can submit application for entire family. No need to go for entire family
The contact center tell you otherwise, and encourages you to do postal application. Only if I had known about the submitting for the family earlier.

ss3

Apr 6, 2022

My son's oci Acknowledgement is on March 14th. I'm hoping it will be received in Toronto by this Wednesday. We will receive OCI next week as Thurday and Friday consulate closed

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I went to BLS Surrey to see if I can pick up, but they checked and they have received my OCI. They had no idea on when can I expect. So I thought meaning of the "Counter Delivery to BLS" would be that

No. I went to the Surrey BLS on Sat. But they did't have the OCI yet. Then I thought the meaning of "Counter Deliver to BLS" mean that the consulate has shipped or in process of shipping back to the BLS center. And they said you can not expect the OCI within 1 month of applying. :oops:
Even if they get it they make sure it has to be more then a month.
My status changed to ready to dispatch the oci after stamping

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
@Hot2Cold @vvarma

Are there any other documents which needs to be uploaded apart from the one listed below?
  • Current Passport: Canadian Passport
  • Indian Origin Proof: Indian passport with cancelled and surrendered stamp (Just Indian Canceled PP or Surrender Cert as well?)
  • Indian Visa: CoPR with stamp of landing
  • Marriage Certificate
What about this Employment/Work letter, do we need to upload this one as well?
Indian passport is good.
I don't think you need to upload COPR. Same for Work Exp letter. All those you will be giving as hard copies only.

With regards to Spousal stuff - can't confirm. Other experts can weigh in.

Reactions: navid2014

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
@vvarma @prt22 Thanks for the comments :) . I understand your point of view. I am not going to comment anyhting. here is the copy of the email that was sent. Thanks again.

Very inconsistent information

Alex
to hc.ottawa@mea.gov.in, dhcoffice.ottawa@mea.gov.in, hoc.ottawa@mea.gov.in, +2
4 days ago
Details
Good evening Sir/Madam,

1) The information is very inconsistent and documents checklist doesn't match with the link below from hci Ottawa FAQ.

2) Bls checklist for Ottawa is inconsistent for the surrender certificate.

Under checklist it asks for Canadina Passport Copy with an An asterisk .
* Additional document for Foreign Passport holders required, please see details in Information Booklet

Under Information Booklet , it is mentioned Original Canadian passport + Copy.

(e) Canadian / Foreign Passport (Original and copy) Please enclose photo page of your Canadian / Foreign Passport having photographs and details of your passport. Original Passport is required to be submitted for verification, it will be returned back after verification. Copies must be self-attested (signed) by the applicant. # In case of foreign passport i.e., other than Canadian please provide additional documents about Status in Canada (PR / Work Permit / Study Permit / Visa)

Contact center says copy enough.

3) The FAQ has 119 dollars and the BLS has 345 .

4) No appointments available past 3 months and next 2 months for Ottawa Jurisdiction, we don't even know if something really available in June 2022.

If BLS had hard time to maintain please outsource the contact center or high commission can handle all application through online ( I'm sure indian stake holders need to look for some upgrades in digital revolution).

It is way easy to get indian passport in India than surrender it in Canada and get OCI. It's a nightmare.

Billions of dollars sent by OCI holders and NRI's , we whish the services had met some good standards.

3 Jurisdictions have 3 different policies and conditions, makes no sense to understand. Please extend all services to all BLS centers where appointments not available.

Please update your website with fee details,

Link below.

https://www.hciottawa.gov.in/pages?id=4&subid=37&nextid=93

Thank you

Bedt regards,

Alex

P.S. I was the family doctor for first and second secretery for HCI Maldives (2010-2012) & Ambassador ,Embassy of India ,Kabul, Afghanistan (2014-2015) , reach out to them if you would like to know my accomplishments with HCI Maldives & Embassy of India ,Kabul, Afghanistan. I Put Many afforts in changing the set of Guidlines for Medical visas and Paitnet transportation which lead to significant changes in the process.
Thanks for your clarification. Now it makes sense. Appreciate your escalation efforts.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I am assuming this status is from BLS site? Then I guess your Purolator tracking should activate any day now.
Yes, I got another update with Purolator tracking number. I hope that I get the OCI smoothly with Purolator and with my phone # being wrongly entered by the BLS person.

Reactions: vvarma

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Hot2Cold @vvarma

Are there any other documents which needs to be uploaded apart from the one listed below?
  • Current Passport: Canadian Passport
  • Indian Origin Proof: Indian passport with cancelled and surrendered stamp (Just Indian Canceled PP or Surrender Cert as well?)
  • Indian Visa: CoPR with stamp of landing
  • Marriage Certificate
What about this Employment/Work letter, do we need to upload this one as well?
Indian Origin Proof : They only ask for First and last page of Indian passport (including cancelled stamp) but I uploaded Surrender copy as well

Indian Visa: correct. COPR with stamp of landing

Employment/Work letter : BLS Brampton checklist mentions it so I uploaded. Most likely it's not needed but better to follow each word of checklist.

Marriage Certificate : Upload that for sure

With your printed application form, attach your Marriage certificate +spouse passport front and back copy + Spouse copr . Simialrly, in your spouse application, attach your indian passport and COPR copy.

Better to prepare fat application package at home itself and let BLS guys return you the photocopies that they don't need.

carguy

Dec 15, 2014
Hey Guys,
For Ottawa Office - OCI postal Application, do we need to send Original (Canadian Passport & Citi Cert) ?

Hoping not to send originals....

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022

From the date of acknowledgement ie 14th march at least 4 weeks to get dispatched. From there one week to your house through purolator.
So expect the OCI around April 20th.