+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Surrender Certificate application status on the BLS Site got updated after the Sampark Query.

DateStatus on BLSStatus on Passport PortalDays since applied
2022-02-26​
N/ASurrender Certificate application form has been submitted.
2022-03-01​
Processing at Consulate GeneralPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
4​
2022-03-10​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
13​
2022-03-14​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.
17​
2022-03-18​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been printed.
21​
2022-03-31​
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS CentreSurrender certificate has been printed.
34​
I applied on march 8th and the status still shows - Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.

Is this delay normal these days? Is there any way I can inquire or follow up?

richieP

Mar 8, 2022
When you search for the query in their website, they have it as a reply.
Yeh I searched multiple times but no reply. I even created new query and that also doesn't have any reply and my old query got overwritten :p
their system is quite confusing and unfair to be honest.

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
How long does it take to receive a surrender certificate once you apply it , can you do walk-ins at BLS to apply for surrender certificate and OCI ?

watson info

Mar 25, 2022
Please advise at the time of submitting the OCI Application, whether the Canadian Citizenship Certificate and Canadian Passport in Originals will be returned by the BLS after verification or kept with them.
No, they do not take ordinals to my understanding they keep a copy of self signature(Self Attestation ) of all required documents No ORIGNALS

watson info

Mar 25, 2022
I applied on march 8th and the status still shows - Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.

Is this delay normal these days? Is there any way I can inquire or follow up?
different regions different time line .
give it a week

Skynature

Apr 1, 2022
just an update.. applied for OCI for minor on 5th October walk-in got the oci on 2nd nov.

BLS=Calgary
jurisdiction=Vancover
OCI printed = 26th oct
Purolator delivery = 2nd nov.

Hi

Please can you let me know if you had to pay for the OCI fees of $345 using a demand draft? If yes then the demand draft is to made payable to which name?

Thanks

Reactions: watson info

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hi

Please can you let me know if you had to pay for the OCI fees of $345 using a demand draft? If yes then the demand draft is to made payable to which name?

Thanks
While posting Qs it would be helpful if you could include all details. Everything differs from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and also walkins Vs postals.
Check my post here for Vancouver jurisdiction under walkin.

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Hi

Thanks
Yes the OCI fees CAD 345 is by DEMAND DRAFT only. The other BLS processing fees can be paid by cash or debit.
Payable name depends on your jurisdiction.

For example - IF you are applying in Toronto, the Draft is to be made payable to "The Consulate General of India - Toronto"

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
you usually get text msg with tracking number from purolator
Thanks. Haven't got anything yet. I hope I get the passports tomorrow. I (Was drafting this last night and forgot to post... :p )

Great.. I mailed the application on Feb 8th. It has been 8 weeks for me and the status still says - ready for issuance. Do you know if BLS will accept a letter instead for Entry visa application. I have booked an appointment next week thinking I would have received the certificate. Thanks
I really don't know about that. Maybe you could use a letter and mention the ARN from the Passport Seva Site. Best bet would be to call BLS.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dineshrehab

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
OK.
BLS has dispatched the passports and surrender certificates and I have got the Purolator AWB on their tracker.
awrsome. I had raised query for my surrender certificate and got reply that “ it’s in dispatch”. No update on bls tracking.
Don’t know what to conclude.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Final Surrender Certificate timeline.
DateStatus on BLSStatus on Passport PortalDays since applied
2022-02-26​
N/ASurrender Certificate application form has been submitted.
2022-03-01​
Processing at Consulate GeneralPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
4​
2022-03-10​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
13​
2022-03-14​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.
17​
2022-03-18​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been printed.
21​
2022-03-31​
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS CentreSurrender certificate has been printed.
34​
2022-03-31​
Ready for DispatchSurrender certificate has been printed.
34​
2022-04-01​
Dispatched via CourierSurrender certificate has been printed.
35​