+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

kdham

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Hi there, I applied for oci on March 2nd walk-in in Brampton and so far I don’t see anything on oci enquire page either. I feel like they will update on April 1. I was told by the agent it will take about 2 months to process (in total) it’s almost a month and another month after it gets acknowledged on oci website (on April 1 hopefully)
I am in same boat, I applied in person in Brampton on March 9th and still don't see anything on OCI enquiry page.

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
My Surrender Certificate application status on the BLS Site got updated after the Sampark Query.

DateStatus on BLSStatus on Passport PortalDays since applied
2022-02-26​
N/ASurrender Certificate application form has been submitted.
2022-03-01​
Processing at Consulate GeneralPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
4​
2022-03-10​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
13​
2022-03-14​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.
17​
2022-03-18​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been printed.
21​
2022-03-31​
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS CentreSurrender certificate has been printed.
34​
Awesome what was timeframe for reply on Samapark portal?

richieP

Mar 8, 2022
They don't respond to email, they reply only the sampark portal. You should be receiving soon as they have replied.
Is it possible to create Multiple query with same email on Sampark portal, they haven't respond me back in 3 days? Does anyone have any other way of contacting CGI toronto?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Awesome what was timeframe for reply on Samapark portal?
I sent the query around 9:30 in the morning, and checked for a response around 2:30 the same afternoon, and saw the response. This was yesterday and today morning, the BLS tracker showed the status that the SC was in transit.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
My Surrender Certificate application status on the BLS Site got updated after the Sampark Query.

DateStatus on BLSStatus on Passport PortalDays since applied
2022-02-26​
N/ASurrender Certificate application form has been submitted.
2022-03-01​
Processing at Consulate GeneralPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
4​
2022-03-10​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
13​
2022-03-14​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.
17​
2022-03-18​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been printed.
21​
2022-03-31​
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS CentreSurrender certificate has been printed.
34​

BLS Status updated to Ready for Dispatch

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
For those who opted for (read forced into) using Purolator, when and how did you get the Purolator tracking numbers?

NbaHlx

Apr 11, 2021
Those who sent OCI applications to BLS Brampton through postal, how many days do they take to process the OCI application? Do they send any acknowledgment?

Thanks

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
so I contacted CGI Toronto through Samaprk link. I asked them I need SC asap to apply for OCI. Their respone:
You can submit the acknowledgement slip with the OCI application.

Is that the slip that BLS gives us when submitting application?

Reactions: Hot2Cold

yasifg

Mar 31, 2022
Hi All, Has any one had to get an notarized affidavit for difference is place of birth between Indian and Canadian passport? In Indian passport I have the City name and State in brackets, but in Canadian passport I have just the State. BLS won't accept the application without the affidavit. Not sure what/where to get that. thanks

Reactions: Edifytech

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
so I contacted CGI Toronto through Samaprk link. I asked them I need SC asap to apply for OCI. Their respone:

Yes

Reactions: vvarma

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Been trying to book a drop off service from BLS' website. The website doesn't go beyond proceed to payment page. Anyone else facing this problem? I've used different browsers.
Yes it doesnt work. I tried it and gave up. Then called the CC agent and asked him to create a payment and send me the link.
He did it but with some extra charges for voice mail etc.
I asked him to remove them. Eventually I paid 60$ for pick up and drop off from Toronto to BLS Brampton

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017

I called BLS and they are saying they will not allow OCI without Surrender Certificate. CGI and BLS are playing tennis with me.