Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
For those who have applied and successfully received their OCI card, could you please kindly let me know if a Police Verification from India was also involved in this whole procedure? I mean does the Police actually need to go to your place back in India and verify the address and get references from neighbors (same as is usually done while renewing the India passport).

Sameer khanz

Star Member
Dec 21, 2013
Hello All,

Just an update for all who are waiting eagerly for their OCI update

I had applied via Post to BLS Brampton on 18th Feb (Second submission as they forced me to add XXX as my last name as per Canadian Passport)
Heres my timeline

Date Of Acknowledgment01-MAR-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- Numberxxx
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn30-MAR-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn30-MAR-2022
Document received AtTORONTOOn30-MAR-2022

Sameer khanz

Star Member
Dec 21, 2013
For those who have applied and successfully received their OCI card, could you please kindly let me know if a Police Verification from India was also involved in this whole procedure? I mean does the Police actually need to go to your place back in India and verify the address and get references from neighbors (same as is usually done while renewing the India passport).
I Dont think a police verification is done for OCI

Reactions: watson info

Want2Move2CA

Jun 29, 2015
Hello, Yesterday I called BLS call canter (Probably located in India) and asked about Entry visa as the new checklist suggested that we need to have Surrender certificate for Entry visa.
The lady on call told me that, I can declare in a letter that I applied for SC and go ahed with the process for applying Visa.
I am not going to rely on her answer completely as different people says different thing and they then return application for some silly excuse.I will be waiting for another week to see if my SC gets delivered to me. In a mean time I also opened a query on Sampark Portal . Will keep you posted. You also let me know If you receive your SC.
Thank you. I opened a Sampark query too and got a quick reply that it is in dispatch stage. I actually have a visa appointment scheduled on Apr 5th. Not feeling confident that I will be make to make that with the surrender certificate. Not sure if they will accept a letter like you mentioned.

richieP

Mar 8, 2022
I got the same response too.
I did not get any response on my query. Where do u see the response? When I provide email address and Captcha code all I see is my own query. When did u open up query, Mine says I open it up on today which is wrong and I don't see any kind of response. this is so frustrating. Did your status changed on BLS website?
@Hot2Cold @Want2Move2CA

SVB1983

Mar 30, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I am really worried. I applied for OCI via postal application to BLS Brampton. They sent the application to CGI Toronto on 21st Jan 2022. On BLS tracking its showing under process in consulate. However, on OCI website, its still showing No Record found. Its been well over 15 days.. and the acknowledgement is still not showing up. What may have gone wrong? Any ideas?

Not to mention - BLS call center is always invalid or un reachable for past few weeks or so! :(
Hello, i am also in the same boat! My son’S postal application on bls website showin processing at consulate since 2 weeks now but consulate website keeps showing , no record found! Can you pls tell did you eventually get your response on OCI?

Rana Singh

Feb 17, 2022
Finally I got my oci today march 30 I was in line for more than hour at surrey bls to pickup.Status changed today morning passport ready for collection after oci stamping. Send courier by purolator on February 10 bls acknowledge February 26 oci government website acknowledge march 02 .processed on 22 march .Dispatched from MEA and document received at Vancouver march 26. Pickup from bls march 30 .GOOD LUCK TO ALL .

loonytunes

Mar 18, 2022
Hello, i am also in the same boat! My son’S postal application on bls website showin processing at consulate since 2 weeks now but consulate website keeps showing , no record found! Can you pls tell did you eventually get your response on OCI?
Hi there, I applied for oci on March 2nd walk-in in Brampton and so far I don’t see anything on oci enquire page either. I feel like they will update on April 1. I was told by the agent it will take about 2 months to process (in total) it’s almost a month and another month after it gets acknowledged on oci website (on April 1 hopefully)

tm.bilal

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
@tm.bilal and @richieP

I did not get any response on email from CGI Toronto, but when I logged in tp the Sampark Enquiry Seacrh, I saw a one line response from CGI that says would be dispatched.

Did either of you get an email response, or have you checked the response form CGI on the link above?
They don't respond to email, they reply only the sampark portal. You should be receiving soon as they have replied.

Reactions: Hot2Cold

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Finally I got my oci today march 30 I was in line for more than hour at surrey bls to pickup.Status changed today morning passport ready for collection after oci stamping. Send courier by purolator on February 10 bls acknowledge February 26 oci government website acknowledge march 02 .processed on 22 march .Dispatched from MEA and document received at Vancouver march 26. Pickup from bls march 30 .GOOD LUCK TO ALL .
Finally....Congrats! And thanks for all your inputs/feedback to help us all :)

Reactions: Rana Singh

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
Been trying to book a drop off service from BLS' website. The website doesn't go beyond proceed to payment page. Anyone else facing this problem? I've used different browsers.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I did not get any response on my query. Where do u see the response? When I provide email address and Captcha code all I see is my own query. When did u open up query, Mine says I open it up on today which is wrong and I don't see any kind of response. this is so frustrating. Did your status changed on BLS website?
@Hot2Cold @Want2Move2CA
I saw a response just below my query on the Sampark tracking site. Today, my status has updated on the BLS Site to In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre.

I'll post the full timeline shortly.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
My Surrender Certificate application status on the BLS Site got updated after the Sampark Query.

DateStatus on BLSStatus on Passport PortalDays since applied
2022-02-26​
N/ASurrender Certificate application form has been submitted.
2022-03-01​
Processing at Consulate GeneralPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
4​
2022-03-10​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
13​
2022-03-14​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.
17​
2022-03-18​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been printed.
21​
2022-03-31​
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS CentreSurrender certificate has been printed.
34​