+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
@Hot2Cold @vivek.89 - i think we are in the same boat with similar timelines. For all three of us it is stuck at - "Certificate has been printed" status in HCI portal. I think the next status we should expect is "Dispatched" or something
Yes, I think the next step will be something like that on the HCI portal, and BLS will update their tracker when they receive the passports. Hopefully they will not hang on to them for too long, and we get the Purolator tracking code soon after that.

I think we all have same timeline ( I am assuming) My visit to consular camp expedited my file. Funny HCI website says still under processing.
Do check the BLS at this stage , mine showed picked up by Purolator.
Yes. Our timelines are very similar - end of Feb - early March. @dineshrehab, just curious, but are/were you able to track your application on BLS's site or were they never involved in the process?

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Hi Guys quick question ? what is the process for OCI at BLS Brampton ? do we have to send the original documents like Canadian passport and citizenship I don't get a proper communication please help ?

Tamiltdot

May 31, 2018
Hi Guys quick question ? what is the process for OCI at BLS Brampton ? do we have to send the original documents like Canadian passport and citizenship I don't get a proper communication please help ?
No original documents need to be sent. Just self signed copies.

Chironto

Feb 27, 2022
Does anyone know where in 60 Gillingham drive we must go to submit entry visa application? Is it from the service canada entrance or somewhere else?

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
I applied for single entry short term visa and the BLS did not charge me anything for the visa, except the courier charges. Is this normal. Am wondering if this was a mistake?
They charge me $163 nt sure whey and they told me its gonna be only for 6 month ? can you tell is it going to be a year or 6 month

Rendezvous70

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/12/2014
Doc's Request.
DD encashed - 14/02/2015
Nomination.....
08/03/2015
AOR Received.
15/04/2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the file
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 / TLU - 06/06/2015
Interview........
DM Update - 01/08/2015
Passport Req..
07/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2015
LANDED..........
April 2016
Hello Guys,

For my OCI , MEA website says it has been dispatched and received at Toronto. However on BLS website it still says Processing at Consulate General. Does anyone knows what will be the next update and when can I go to collect the OCI.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Yes, I think the next step will be something like that on the HCI portal, and BLS will update their tracker when they receive the passports. Hopefully they will not hang on to them for too long, and we get the Purolator tracking code soon after that.

Yes. Our timelines are very similar - end of Feb - early March. @dineshrehab, just curious, but are/were you able to track your application on BLS's site or were they never involved in the process?
I submitted the Surrender application with BLS ( paid for courier ). Went to the consular camp for OCI without the SC. ( consular people dont accept OCI)
The consular lady took my complaint that the status is showing at HCI website for more than a week. She took my application number and assured to dispatch SC asap.
The status at HCI still shows under review- BLS website now showing Purulator collected the package.
I got the cancelled passport and SC yesterday.

Last edited:

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Is there a way to apply for OCI and SC at the same appointment at BLS. I know it was not possible in the past so just checking if anything has changed. I’m in Toronto jurisdiction.

Also, do I need to provide or show original citizenship certificate for applying SC or just a photo copy is enough to submit the application ?. I see only a copy is sufficient but wondering if I need to show original.