Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
thanks @funloving for the details. so, since u are based out of Vancouver, did u apply for both SC +OCI together because I see in a later post that you have already got ur SC. And for booking appointments at Surrey , based on a previous post from @vvarma,there are new slots open between 7-7.30pm PST every day, I am hoping to get an appointment during this window.
Yes, I applied for SC and OCI. I had looked for OCI appointment and found one (I didn't know about the hack or the time when I saw an opening) within 1 week. But the issue was I didn't get any email confirmation. They check for the confirmation at the front desk and at the security. I explained the situation to the front desk, I said the same thing to the security but since my name was not on the list, he said I can not get in for OCI. So, I got in line for SC. Front desk checked my name in their computer (I think so when I said about OCI). I don't know if they saw my name there or not.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: nivek

SHIVAAY

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Guys for OCI minors.. do we have extra checklist?

Also, what pages does the minor needs to do the thumb impression? Also, does every backup page requires thumb print of the minor as self attestation?

Thanks

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Guys for OCI minors.. do we have extra checklist?

Also, what pages does the minor needs to do the thumb impression? Also, does every backup page requires thumb print of the minor as self attestation?

Thanks
I am not sure but I think self attestation for minor's documents are to be done by both parents

Chironto

Feb 27, 2022
Can someone point out the difference between Visitor visa and Entry visa? As a Canadian citizen (born in India but naturalized as a minor), am I eligible for the entry visa? I see that entry visa processing time is 7 days whereas the visitor visa is taking 30 days! Trying to see if i am eligible for the entry visa.

And is it safe to apply for entry visa after I have submitted my OCI application?

I wish e-visa was re-instated for Canadian citizens. Anyone have any idea on if this would happen?

Last edited:

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
I know its silly but for minor's application, do we need to write "Professional Details of the applicant" that's he's a minor and attending schools or anything like that?

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
My SC status
March 1st : Applied
March 3rd : under review at embassy /consulate
March 12: SC approve and ready for issue
March 21: Again under review at consulate
March 23: Purolator tracking to be delivered on March 24. Passport seva status still under review at consulate.

Stupid timing I have appointment at BLS brampton at 1.30 for OCI which I cant make it since Purulator delivers late afternoon.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
My SC status
March 1st : Applied
March 3rd : under review at embassy /consulate
March 12: SC approve and ready for issue
March 21: Again under review at consulate
March 23: Purolator tracking to be delivered on March 24. Passport seva status still under review at consulate.

Stupid timing I have appointment at BLS brampton at 1.30 for OCI which I cant make it since Purulator delivers late afternoon.
Hey do one thing: Go to Purolator tracking and waive off the "Signature Requirements" and ask them to put at the door or mail box. That's what I did and they put under my mail box in the building.

Reactions: dineshrehab

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Hey do one thing: Go to Purolator tracking and waive off the "Signature Requirements" and ask them to put at the door or mail box. That's what I did and they put under my mail box in the building.
I went even further to call them and asked them to be picked up at their warehouse. Funny they only gave the option to send the package to BLS ( oh Noooooooo) BLS to my address is ten min drive - No thanks I will take the chance with Purolator lol.

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Has someone been asked to submit missing or incorrect documents at this email - brampton.p@blsinternational.net
Do they revert back to you to acknowledge receiving the document? I am worried as they said they will return the application if the document doesn't reach them in 7 business days

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
My Surrender status on the passportindia site has changed to Surrender certificate has been printed.

Timeline:
DateStatus on BLSStatus on Passport PortalDays since applied
2022-02-26​
N/ASurrender Certificate application form has been submitted.
2022-03-01​
Processing at Consulate GeneralPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
4​
2022-03-10​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
13​
2022-03-14​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.
17​
2022-03-18​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been printed.
21​
Hi- do you mind sharing whats the next status msg after SC has been printed? is it something like it was shipped or dispatched? Thanks

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I went even further to call them and asked them to be picked up at their warehouse. Funny they only gave the option to send the package to BLS ( oh Noooooooo) BLS to my address is ten min drive - No thanks I will take the chance with Purolator lol.
I was under the impression that if they are unable to deliver the courier, they leave missed delivery notification and then you can collect it same/next day from their nearest Purolator center - isn't that the case?

Wollongong

Mar 14, 2022
That is the decision of Consulate General India in Toronto. Which means, its the decision of Indian govt. They refused to
accept simultaneous applications in their consular camp too, which means its not a BLS decision.
I understand that my question is how Toronto and Ottawa applicants are different from Vancouver applicants